There needs to be a role check system or something.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mwaheed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

That would severely limit the variation within the game and prevent different metas or strategies from happening.

What you are asking for is communication. So whenever you start a game, say hi and then communicate with your team to see who can do what. Communication = wins.

MajorUrsa

12-19-2011

How about a system for ranked/draft where you queue up into a game and pre-select the role you want to play. IE when you select draft you have the option of going in as random, or select a position such as a support/carry etc etc, matchmaking could then group you as such.

WoW had a similar system for queuing into dungeons, you selected your role you could play, then queued up and the chosen role was shown next to your name when you entered the party, letting everyone knowhat you came in as. So I would queue up as heals/dps, was then grouped based on my selection, and chose a role between the two depending on what the group needed.

Khizan

12-19-2011

The problem is that under normal circumstances, each group in WoW will need a tank, it will need a healer, and the rest will need to be DPS. This may change under extreme circumstances, like groups running 5-DPS at the end of Wrath, but the game is designed around that core group(tank scaling in 25 man raids aside).

In LoL, though, there's no set roles. You don't need a jungler. You don't need an AP carry, or an AD carry, or a support, or a tank. Sure, they help you, but the metagame is a player-designed construct. If you wanted to run a group comprised of Caitlyn, Pantheon, Garen, Xin, and Tristana, you could. Depending on the team you end up facing, you could even win, despite having no real tank, no support, and no AP.

Locking the current meta in as "this is how we intend you to play the game" would suck, imo, and limit the ability of the playerbase to evolve the meta over time. What I'd like to see implemented isn't a WoW-queue thing where I queue up to jungle or solo top, but a little note you can see in character select. Maybe just 30-35 characters long. Long enough to say "prefer jungling" or "bad at mid" or "suck with AD" or "jungle trynd/shaco". Something that will make it easier to pick groups immediately when you see what people would like to do, but that won't end up with Riot locking the current metagame into the character selection process.

Loonaii

12-19-2011

Ye i pretty much stopped rank utill im good at a handfull of champs in each role and i hope others do the same cuz u never know what role u have to fill if ur last pick and theres barely any communication in this game unles ur lucky

Derk Black

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

But then how would we run 5 tanks??!?!

LycanOverlord

12-19-2011

This is a frustrating issue for me a well. I just tried to play my first game of the day and 3 times in a row i was forced to dodge because there were THREE AP CARRIES on my team in RANKED. This is just absurd. I'm convinced that people are doing it to ruin games and now im forced to wait over a half an hour just to play one decent game. I understand feeders happen, people are less skilled and all that jazz but I cant even get into a decent game because of this issue.

Chingmeister

12-27-2011

You can fill every role with the 10 free heroes. It's not that people can't fill all the roles. It's that they would rather lose the current game and win the next one.

Most players would rather lose than play a role, for example. In solo que, roughly 2/3 of the games are decided on load screen mostly by lack of a healer, and to a lesser extent a lack of a jungler or tank on one side.

If you are playing for fun, this is actually the funnest way to play. ELO will adjust you to a spot where you can play whatever you want and still win half the time, and never have to ever heal, jungle, or tank, if you don't want to.

You can't alter people playing in the funnest way possible. Natural selection and all that jazz.

Making healers OP (done already) gives a permanent and temporal illusion of more fun to those that find winning fun. The temporal part is that once you reach a higher ELO you realize you still end up at 50% win rate, so the reinforcement of winning fun evaporates.If you never reach a higher ELO due to playing a mix of champions there is a permanency of 'winning fun' associated with OP healers. You will associate OP healers with 'winning fun' and other champions with 'losing'.

Healers are already tuned to have a 60% win rate overall which probably corresponds to a 70-80% win rate when not mirror matched. The only way to make them more popular would be to bump it up even higher. However, this Healer OP 'winning fun' comes at the expense of everyone else on the losing side who loses fun after realizing they lost on load screen. The almost complete absence of Karma players show that the healer population is almost entirely controlled by 'winning fun'.

So if you really want more healers, do you really want Riot to tune healers to have a 80-90% win rate when not mirror matched and a 70% overall win rate? Because the stats say that's the only way its ever going to happen.

I like the current direction better, give everyone shields or sustain, and make healers balanced.

Bad Luck Braum

12-27-2011

OH OH OH OH

Like a Signature that "Spawns" when everyone loads right before Bans for Draft mode????

that..

would...

be....

awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Tarogato

12-27-2011

I agree with having a Signature-like thing appear for each person, maybe as a mouse on-hover pop up. We could put things like "Prefers X champion, X champion, X champion. Can't tank for sht."

But you know what's easier? Not asking Riot to tailor to lazy people. Just state what you can play in the chat at the beginning of every champion select. I always say something like:

"Hopefully playing Anivia mid, can't tank. Will support, AD carry, or jungle."

You can, too, it doesn't take that much effort, you could even copy-paste a tidbit like that.