There needs to be a role check system or something.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaeix

12-18-2011

I am so tired of people not being able to jungle or support in ranked, and then complaining when they are forced to either cripple our team by having two duo lanes, or fail as jungles, etc. They don't alert us beforehand and then whine when they are forced to do things. There needs to be some sort of system that at least ensures that on a team, every role will be filled. I have lost so many games because of people who can't perform roles.

IE, I have second pick Irelia. I claim solo top. Then, some guy goes "no I can't jungle" last pick, picks Olaf, and then I am forced to jungle as Irelia because the guy goes "no i get solo top or i feed".

Even just having a disclaimer that says "I can play all roles if needed" or SOMETHING. It's so discouraging to lose only because people aren't flexible in the slightest and moan.

Edit: I just realized I posted this on the wrong forum so if someone sees this and has the ability to move it could they move it to General Discussion or something more appropriate.

Wirius

12-18-2011

You know those ideas that only have positives and no negatives? This is one of them.

To the suggestion forum with you! This is an excellent idea!

Wirius

12-18-2011

Oh, there is no suggestion forums anymore. I would put this in general as well then.

Seizures x

12-18-2011

Sounds good, but im sure there are many more people who prefer to play carries than the others especially junglers.

Khizan

12-18-2011

My problem with a role-check system is that it effectively builds the current meta-game into the game as "THIS IS HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY", especially if it's used in team selection somehow.

A generic notes section where you could include things like "prefer jungle" or "terrible at mid" would be pretty excellent, though.

DeusExFides

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespria View Post
I am so tired of people not being able to jungle or support in ranked, and then complaining when they are forced to either cripple our team by having two duo lanes, or fail as jungles, etc. They don't alert us beforehand and then whine when they are forced to do things. There needs to be some sort of system that at least ensures that on a team, every role will be filled. I have lost so many games because of people who can't perform roles.

IE, I have second pick Irelia. I claim solo top. Then, some guy goes "no I can't jungle" last pick, picks Olaf, and then I am forced to jungle as Irelia because the guy goes "no i get solo top or i feed".

Even just having a disclaimer that says "I can play all roles if needed" or SOMETHING. It's so discouraging to lose only because people aren't flexible in the slightest and moan.

Edit: I just realized I posted this on the wrong forum so if someone sees this and has the ability to move it could they move it to General Discussion or something more appropriate.
An upvote for you sir. I'm tired of all these whiny teens coming in and ruining the game by throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their way. Sorry if you are a teen and act mature then a thanks to you for not being a pain in the ass, it will get you places some day!

Adzell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Yeah, something to at least say "Hey, I CAN do this" could def help. It doesn't mean they're forced to do it, nor should they be, but knowledge always can help build a better team/strategy. As this is a team game not a solo type of game, the more information your team has the better the team can become, and with solo/duo que's that becomes a problem due to lack of communication. So +1 good idea.

Gbuss

12-18-2011

Not my fault you don't have enough friends for 5v5 ranked. :P

But in all seriousness, the thing that is wrong with this, is that it would most likely make it so that you are either waiting for someone who can play that role, basically force people to play a role that they don't like or aren't good at because it's faster to then queue up as that type, or even just queue up as a type, and then play something totally different then what they signed up for.
Not to mention, just because the current meta is generally a really good setup, and what most people think they have to do, doesn't mean it's the only way to play the game. I have played several games since lvl 30 that my team was far from the current meta setup and we still won. It's also a fact that the meta can change in time, and if Riot supports the current meta in that drastic of a way, it would be saying to everyone, there is one way to play this game, if you dont play this game that specific way, too bad so sad, and that isn't a good message...

Overall, I wish there was a way to get rid of the trolls and everything like that, but in all reality, this is a free online game, and that won't really happen, getting rid of all the baffles or trolls I mean.

Edit: I do agree with Khizans idea though about just having notes. Those could be useful while not breaking the game as it is.

Warfromabove

12-18-2011

Personally I would just be fine with a prelim team comp that lets everybody hit a "ready check" button prior to actually banning/picking chars. This would eliminate a lot of grief people are being put through with others afking during the champ select process. I don't mind if you get a drink of water but do it at a better time. This also allows people who have stuff come up suddenly to just afk and not have to say "Did I hit my X to leave que or not?" does it for you...

Queen Sejuani

12-18-2011

Except it is REALLY hard to do that, mainly because basically ANY champion can go ANYWHERE, they might not be as useful but they can do it.

There is no way there could be a system implemented like that.