Is Jax just not good for solo queue anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

07-11-2010

As he is my all-time favorite champion, I find myself playing Jax a lot. And as he is my most-played, I'd assume I'm at least pretty good with him.

And while playing as him usually yields about a 50/50 chance in winning a typical solo queue match....it still feels a lot like a gamble whenever I play as him. I suppose you could say he's balanced now, but it was always like this for me back when he was "OP". It's always been a gamble with him ever since they gave him the new passive. Maybe people just smartened up to know he's an actual threat...

Point is, he feels like a champion that can only carry when given good teammates, and unfortunately for solo queue, I'm not guaranteed this all the time. This is probably the mark of a balanced champion, like I said, but it still feels...iffy. Best case scenario, I carry my competent team in a typical and awesome Jax-fashion. Worst case, the other team gets fed and I can't get gold for any items and proceed to lose. Maybe I should only pull him out with my competent premade friends?

P4Powned

07-11-2010

Jax early/mid game is too weak to be a viable champion atm in my opinion.

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Unless you are someone OP/top tier or maybe someone with pushing capabilities AKA Heimer, Yi, Sivir, Alistar, etc. you will probably see about a 50/50 with solo queue.

Miltus

07-11-2010

Jax is horribly overrated, especially now after all the nerfs. If you want to improve you W/L ratio your best bet is to play Heimer, or maybe a support/healer type character.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-11-2010

Jax is very hit and miss, if you queue up and end up being against a caster team, you are toast. If you aren't against casters but a melee on the other team gets Sword of Divinity, you are toast. I have had some crazy games with him, but some horrible games with some as well.

I guess the point I am trying to make is Jax is very easy to shutdown. Sword of Divinity is all it takes from a melee point, or a caster can drop him.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

07-11-2010

Most people I play against as Jax don't get Sword of the Divine. But then again, most people I play against don't even need Sword of the Divine to roll me over.

Eh, I dunno. I kind of just miss the days before his new passive. He was UP then, apparently, but I found it awesome to be rolling people with someone they didn't understand. Now since he was in the limelight so long, everyone knows Jax and wants him dead.

I suppose he'll make a good pick in Draft mode though, under the right circumstances.

Arrivederco

07-11-2010

Part of it is, as you level into higher elos, no one character can really make up for an utterly **** team.

Back when you started playing Jax, you probably could have completely turned games around with him, but when the field is a bit more even and everyone is 30 with some experience, you need a somewhat decent team no matter what.

Xyun

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltus View Post
Jax is horribly overrated, especially now after all the nerfs. If you want to improve you W/L ratio your best bet is to play Heimer, or maybe a support/healer type character.
Jax main here, before the complete remake, and after. I agree with what this guy said. I may be biased, but I feel that the nerf to his movespeed was unwarranted. Everything else was acceptable.

But yes to the OP: Jax isn't a good pick for solo queue, especially with the current heal/heimer meta-game.

Minrog

07-12-2010

The worst nerf to him, for me, was the stealth Rageblade/Janna shield nerf. It wasn't until that got changed that I really noticed him losing his capabilities. I wish they had "fixed" the health gains on AD/AP gains thing first and then balanced his other stuff. oh well.