Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Jax just not good for solo queue anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

07-11-2010

As he is my all-time favorite champion, I find myself playing Jax a lot. And as he is my most-played, I'd assume I'm at least pretty good with him.

And while playing as him usually yields about a 50/50 chance in winning a typical solo queue match....it still feels a lot like a gamble whenever I play as him. I suppose you could say he's balanced now, but it was always like this for me back when he was "OP". It's always been a gamble with him ever since they gave him the new passive. Maybe people just smartened up to know he's an actual threat...

Point is, he feels like a champion that can only carry when given good teammates, and unfortunately for solo queue, I'm not guaranteed this all the time. This is probably the mark of a balanced champion, like I said, but it still feels...iffy. Best case scenario, I carry my competent team in a typical and awesome Jax-fashion. Worst case, the other team gets fed and I can't get gold for any items and proceed to lose. Maybe I should only pull him out with my competent premade friends?

P4Powned

07-11-2010

Jax early/mid game is too weak to be a viable champion atm in my opinion.

Galefire

07-11-2010

Unless you are someone OP/top tier or maybe someone with pushing capabilities AKA Heimer, Yi, Sivir, Alistar, etc. you will probably see about a 50/50 with solo queue.

Miltus

07-11-2010

Jax is horribly overrated, especially now after all the nerfs. If you want to improve you W/L ratio your best bet is to play Heimer, or maybe a support/healer type character.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-11-2010

Jax is very hit and miss, if you queue up and end up being against a caster team, you are toast. If you aren't against casters but a melee on the other team gets Sword of Divinity, you are toast. I have had some crazy games with him, but some horrible games with some as well.

I guess the point I am trying to make is Jax is very easy to shutdown. Sword of Divinity is all it takes from a melee point, or a caster can drop him.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

07-11-2010

Most people I play against as Jax don't get Sword of the Divine. But then again, most people I play against don't even need Sword of the Divine to roll me over.

Eh, I dunno. I kind of just miss the days before his new passive. He was UP then, apparently, but I found it awesome to be rolling people with someone they didn't understand. Now since he was in the limelight so long, everyone knows Jax and wants him dead.

I suppose he'll make a good pick in Draft mode though, under the right circumstances.

Arrivederco

07-11-2010

Part of it is, as you level into higher elos, no one character can really make up for an utterly **** team.

Back when you started playing Jax, you probably could have completely turned games around with him, but when the field is a bit more even and everyone is 30 with some experience, you need a somewhat decent team no matter what.

Xyun

07-11-2010

Quote:
Miltus:
Jax is horribly overrated, especially now after all the nerfs. If you want to improve you W/L ratio your best bet is to play Heimer, or maybe a support/healer type character.

Jax main here, before the complete remake, and after. I agree with what this guy said. I may be biased, but I feel that the nerf to his movespeed was unwarranted. Everything else was acceptable.

But yes to the OP: Jax isn't a good pick for solo queue, especially with the current heal/heimer meta-game.

Minrog

07-12-2010

The worst nerf to him, for me, was the stealth Rageblade/Janna shield nerf. It wasn't until that got changed that I really noticed him losing his capabilities. I wish they had "fixed" the health gains on AD/AP gains thing first and then balanced his other stuff. oh well.