Not sure about Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Hi there

So I've been looking at Ahri and I'm not sure whether or not to purchase her or not. I was considering buying Skarner and Cass (one with RP during a 50% sale, the other with IP), but I'm considering of trading out Cass for Ahri?

Would that be a good idea, or is Ahri as UP as people have been mentioning? I think Cass looks amazing, especially with her consistent damage and that game-breaking ultimate, but if Ahri can bring more to the team then I'll be more than happy to give her a go

Quite simply -> I need opinions and advice on which AP character I should preferably get and which would be more "worth" learning (regardless, I'm getting skarner, and I dont mind learning curves).

Soulreviver

12-18-2011

Let me put it to you this way: have you EVER played xerath? or any character who's abilities are all skillshots? if the answer is no, ahri is NOT for you. Ahri is an exceptionally amazing character. I am a level 30 summoner and out of all the games ive played with her, (15) I have had only ONE match with a negative kdr. Every match i had more than 5 kills. Ahri's power comes from her Q, which can deal early on great combined magic and true damage, and later on, AMAZING TRUE DAMAGE. Think about dealing just 200 damage to any opponent in late game who has 200 MR. And then doing that again in another few seconds. AND AGAIN. She is by far an amazing mage, with the one problem that very people can play her properly.I won't be modest, I can play her amazingly, because I know how to play skill champs. So if you don't play xerath as your main, i suggest you stick with cass, because ahri will only pile up deaths and losses for you.

Oh and for those who say she is under powered, she has one of the strongest early game combos. If they nerf that, they will have to raise her AP scaling. Can you imagine a Q doing 400 TRUE DAMAGE??? Its like cho with a ranged ult and 1/10th the CD. AHRI is balanced or can in fact be considered OP!!!

If you have any doubts about her gameplay, get LoLreplay, search Soulreviver for replays, and watch. That goes for anyone who doubts she is good.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreviver View Post
Let me put it to you this way: have you EVER played xerath? or any character who's abilities are all skillshots? if the answer is no, ahri is NOT for you. Ahri is an exceptionally amazing character. I am a level 30 summoner and out of all the games ive played with her, (15) I have had only ONE match with a negative kdr. Every match i had more than 5 kills. Ahri's power comes from her Q, which can deal early on great combined magic and true damage, and later on, AMAZING TRUE DAMAGE. Think about dealing just 200 damage to any opponent in late game who has 200 MR. And then doing that again in another few seconds. AND AGAIN. She is by far an amazing mage, with the one problem that very people can play her properly.I won't be modest, I can play her amazingly, because I know how to play skill champs. So if you don't play xerath as your main, i suggest you stick with cass, because ahri will only pile up deaths and losses for you.

Oh and for those who say she is under powered, she has one of the strongest early game combos. If they nerf that, they will have to raise her AP scaling. Can you imagine a Q doing 400 TRUE DAMAGE??? Its like cho with a ranged ult and 1/10th the CD. AHRI is balanced or can in fact be considered OP!!!

If you have any doubts about her gameplay, get LoLreplay, search Soulreviver for replays, and watch. That goes for anyone who doubts she is good.
I feel like you're trying to belittle me, but I'm not sure.

My main is Lux. Her skills shots are harder to hit than Xerath's. I'm perfectly able to hit my skillshots fine. But thanks.
The one problem I feel with Ahri is that without her ultimate she's very lackluster. Cass hass consistent damage just with her Q and E, but her Ult can change team fights and 1v1 scenarios.
Ahri has amazing AoE potential, but once her ultimate is down she feels like she has little to offer at times.

BendyBread

12-18-2011

Bump~

Arollo

12-18-2011

Personally I have been playing Xerath a lot lately and midding almost all the games with him. I've midded against Ahri is probably 4 matches and she out midded me 3 out of the 4 times.

The spell vamp passive + her q + lots of minions = sustain in mid

Plus you can constantly poke with the q which seems to have more range than Xeraths q (without w enabled)

Cooper112

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreviver View Post

I dont agree at all. To me she is just bad.

I can play ezreal, xerath, lux or any one with skillshots fine she is different. She is ether bad or has highest skill cap of any one in lol.

BendyBread

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper56 View Post
I dont agree at all. To me she is just bad.

I can play ezreal, xerath, lux or any one with skillshots fine she is different. She is ether bad or has highest skill cap of any one in lol.
My friend let me play on his account (I dont know if thats against the rules or whatever, but eh).

Ahri's skillshots actually dont feel that hard compared to Ezreal or Lux. Her Q is like Sivir, her W is an auto-target and her E is situational at best. Her ultimate also auto-targets. To me she feels easy, but I dont know if she's worth it or not.

BendyBread

12-18-2011

Bump~

BendyBread

12-18-2011

~Bump~

Dirge Farum

12-18-2011

If your not sure if you want to pick up Ahri, then the best suggestion I can tell you other then reading Guides/watching gameplay is just waiting until she is in the Free Rotation (2 weeks after she comes out). That's when I'll be trying her out and seeing if she's someone I want to play (though when I first saw her I wished she would of been a Support Champion, XD).

So yah, I suggest just waiting for her in the Rotation then making your decision after you've tried her out.