Brand v Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juzt

12-18-2011

It depends who you are going against. Get both of them

Malz: best against mages with a strong early start with 40+ AP. You stay behind your creeps and your enemies until level 6. Best against skill shots.

Brand: best against heavy hp mages. He is better in team fights when your foes all focus on person landing all his aoe nukes.

Hotdogs

12-19-2011

they are both good
malz is prob better for solo queue play, he can easily kill someone who overextends even if they are very tanky

Nexus Crawler

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdogs View Post
they are both good
malz is prob better for solo queue play, he can easily kill someone who overextends even if they are very tanky
I have to agree and he has ridiculous Mana sustain and natural Zoning since you'll almost constantly have a Malific Visions popping around on a creep wave.

Also Malz is pretty great against HP stackers as well since his E (I believe) is HP% based damage allowing a combo of Ignite + E + R to pretty much obliterate anyone. Especially that pesky tanky dps trying to zone your ranged dps out of the fight (and/or kill them) since you can lock them down in the middle of your team while you wreck them.

Also you can send your Voidling off with Alt to do some DPS to someone... Like the guy you just locked down or to harass their Carry.

Amoc

12-19-2011

I'm likely not very credible having just started playing last week, but I have to say that Malhazar is just a ridiculously good laner. After the first couple of levels, where you start to be able to bounce E off of minions, it starts to get really hard I think to push him off lanes even 2v1. His mana sustain is unreal and ME single handedly ruins the enemy farm a lot of the time. When he's harrassing with ME it's fairly hard to chase him off as well because anything that extends itself beyond support is going to get EWR'd.

As for later game and in team fights, I think he has a lot of utility. Null zone and Malefic Vision can really cause a lot of damage to a lot of different enemies, and the wide aoe Q is the ultimate B**** slap. It hurts AND silences AND it works on male characters as well!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

You absolutely should NEVER BUY an expensive champ until you have played them during free week.

I personally dislike some of the most OP champs in the game. It doesnt matter that they are OP. THey are either not my style or I suck at them. Therefore, all the recommendations in the world don't matter!

Ive seen awesome brand players but I just didn't care much for him. I like maltazar though. But you might be the opposite.

Some of your logic is very odd too:

Dont like annie. Why? what about her is annoying? THis is an important question to answer as you dont want to pay 6300 IP for an expensive-annie-variant.

Vlad squishy? Uh no. He gets FREE HEALTH for all AP that he gets and vice versa. Therefore he is one of the toughest mages in the game! I dont like him because his burst isn't that good. He is more of a poke/poke/poke 1v1 caster, than a "drop the nuke" one like Annie.

donkeykong98123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxanadu View Post
In lane Malz wins, Malz in lane is a unstoppable train of Damage + Sustain and you don't even have to be near the minions half the time to clear a wave. Malz is a 1 v 1 mage as stated above, who would alone personally destroy a Brand solo.

Yet, if you're looking for a late game team aspect, Brand is your man since in Team fights, half of his abilities are AOE including his Ult which can be a game changer, his stun is also nice to. Brand can be a niche champ and win the game when all seems lost or just get fed early and take your team to victory with little effort after a point.
Since Brand has a stun and it WILL go off before malzahars suppresion brand would win. E Q W R ignite. malzahar dies and brand walks away relativity unscathed.

KingofBlades15

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong98123 View Post
Since Brand has a stun and it WILL go off before malzahars suppresion brand would win. E Q W R ignite. malzahar dies and brand walks away relativity unscathed.
Didn't know brand can use abilities while he's silenced from an ability with a longer range than any of his except a max range pillar, which blows his burst anyways. Must be that new passive.

SparrZ

12-27-2011

Malz was a good pick. He is a little easier to pick up and play. Mastering his combo can be difficult. Brand is an amazing burst caster with one of the great CC combos in the game. Try and pick him up in the future he is by far my favorite AP to play.