How much IP do you get for participating in the Tribunal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwibble

05-31-2012

Quote:
But I have to admit, the tribunal is broken. I judged a case today where a Trundle got reported by a troll. The Anivia on his team was using her ice wall to block him off whenever he was being chased by the enemy team. His instant reaction was pretty basic (one most of us would go to). Basically he told the Anivia to f**k off and stop trolling (I admit he got a bit excessive with his swearing and he should have just /ignored her and went on with his life) but if anybody deserves to get banned it should be the troll (Anivia) not the poor guy who simply reacted
Then hit pardon

dpatel4092

06-05-2012

ooooooooommmmmmmmm
if u want ip so bad y not go to support and ask for somthing u didnt like for a rerfund if u did in in hte last 30 dys

Devastator Jones

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzt View Post
I haven't been getting any IP for awhile now ( Notices in the mail). I do the tribunal everyday

Iv'e pardoned allot of cases due to ridiculous amount of cases with just 1-3 reports for minor issue that shouldn't be punish for anything.

I have great judgmental on cases but from now on i'm gonna put a stop to being lenient on some cases from now on.
I punish about 90% of the time. I read chat and hone in on offensive comments, racism and negative attitude, and occassionally for a player who announces intention to feed/assist enemy team.Once I see someone tell someone to f off or anything equivalently unpleasant. I continue reading the case and usually look for multiple instances. Most of the time I find them, and when I read a player repeatedly badger teammates by telling them to f off or calling them noobs, the player has made my decision very easy.

The rest of the time I pardon - and I think I punished once for a troll build (ie, the player in question had no items).

Honestly I was very suprised when Riot announced that there was a 53% punish rate on the Tribunal. Honestly I could audit hundreds of cases
and make serious arguments for increasing that number upwards toward the 80%'s. Most of the bad apples really do make the tribunal, and very few players end up in the tribunal are geniunely innocent.

I always try to improve my behavior. I think everyone should do this.Even though I behaved well in the past, there are some times I have doubts about a few things I have said/done - and sincerely try to better my communications in the future. As for in game, the primary focus of communication in game should be about game objectives. Players should be focused like a lazer on game objectives. Immediately when someone starts raging, I know they are a worse player because of it - because the rager has lost focus on the game, and is too concerned about blaming someone else than he is on achieving game objectives. Ragers lose games - because by raging, they are assisting the enemy team by destroying cohesion within the team. I always punish ragers. I realize this: While I can't control the behavior of my team members, at least I can control my own - and I realize that the outcome of the game isn't entirely in my control, especially when team members lose their composure and focus. The worst thing about ragers is that they usually have a huge ego - one that blinds them from the fact that their behavior is detrimental to the outcome of the game, and then they proceed to only focus on the faults of others rather than to see the faults within themselves.

Aradene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Quote:
But I have to admit, the tribunal is broken. I judged a case today where a Trundle got reported by a troll. The Anivia on his team was using her ice wall to block him off whenever he was being chased by the enemy team. His instant reaction was pretty basic (one most of us would go to). Basically he told the Anivia to f**k off and stop trolling (I admit he got a bit excessive with his swearing and he should have just /ignored her and went on with his life) but if anybody deserves to get banned it should be the troll (Anivia) not the poor guy who simply reacted
Just because you appear in tribunal =/= that you will be punished. The report system is open to abuse, which is why the tribunal system is in place, we sort out the BS and the legit. This is not evidence that tribunal is broken, rather that the report system is still being abused.

Ev0xal Huntchez

06-06-2012

I get paid atleast 10-13 of the 15 cases I do every day I choose to do Tribunal. Sure I get those people who want to curse and ruin every match, but sometimes I even succeed in earning IP for pardoning due to looking carefully at their chat logs and finding out their reasons for lashing out is usually because a team mate or enemy provokes them first. The "Reported for feeding" games are easy to punish/pardon just looking at both the scores and reading chat to find out who began feeding first to reach the verdict if the player is worth reporting for the score he rightfully/wrongfully obtained..

-shrugs- I find Tribunal fun when I'm waiting from my gaming laptop.

Seethman

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuva View Post
I punish about 90% of the time. I read chat and hone in on offensive comments, racism and negative attitude, and occassionally for a player who announces intention to feed/assist enemy team.Once I see someone tell someone to f off or anything equivalently unpleasant. I continue reading the case and usually look for multiple instances. Most of the time I find them, and when I read a player repeatedly badger teammates by telling them to f off or calling them noobs, the player has made my decision very easy.

The rest of the time I pardon - and I think I punished once for a troll build (ie, the player in question had no items).

Honestly I was very suprised when Riot announced that there was a 53% punish rate on the Tribunal. Honestly I could audit hundreds of cases
and make serious arguments for increasing that number upwards toward the 80%'s. Most of the bad apples really do make the tribunal, and very few players end up in the tribunal are geniunely innocent.

I always try to improve my behavior. I think everyone should do this.Even though I behaved well in the past, there are some times I have doubts about a few things I have said/done - and sincerely try to better my communications in the future. As for in game, the primary focus of communication in game should be about game objectives. Players should be focused like a lazer on game objectives. Immediately when someone starts raging, I know they are a worse player because of it - because the rager has lost focus on the game, and is too concerned about blaming someone else than he is on achieving game objectives. Ragers lose games - because by raging, they are assisting the enemy team by destroying cohesion within the team. I always punish ragers. I realize this: While I can't control the behavior of my team members, at least I can control my own - and I realize that the outcome of the game isn't entirely in my control, especially when team members lose their composure and focus. The worst thing about ragers is that they usually have a huge ego - one that blinds them from the fact that their behavior is detrimental to the outcome of the game, and then they proceed to only focus on the faults of others rather than to see the faults within themselves.
errr...what was said--up there? All of it. It's good info. I want to have said it too.
Actually, doing Tribunal has made me a much better player--well, character-wise. My playing? not so stronk.

optimi

06-06-2012

Hello Riot Ambassador,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
[...]If you vote correctly on all of your ten cases, if this is your allotted amount, you will receive 50IP for ten minutes of time and for creating a more favorable experience for your peers.[...]
I am unsure how I could achieve to vote correctly by spending only 1 minut per case.

The time it takes to me to vote cases turns around :
- 2 min for verbal abuse
- 3-4 min for intentional feeding or assisting ennemy team
- 3-4 min or more for subtil/complicated offense

I need to add 1-2 min when there's multiple game chat logs.

I hope someone wouldn't vote a friend's case or my own after only a 1 minut review... Especially since most people know that we've about 80% chance to reach the "correct" judgement by pressing "punish".

xKing Icyene

06-14-2012

New time is 15 seconds! TY riot that makes some of those cases where the feeding is obvious for example easier for us so we dont just sit and wait for the timer

Icy out

Zombie0517

06-15-2012

15 cases a day.

cejor6

06-20-2012

I think that the tribunal should be open for summoners with smaller levels because I think that there should be a chance for every summoner to get a little extra IP, not just those that are a level 20 or higher.