Please stop banning Jax and akali.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

12-17-2011

I'm not saying they are bad champions, but they have fallen from ban status a while ago. Rammus, Shaco, Hiem, Yoric, Sion, Ryze, and Poppy are really all better bans then those two. There's probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

These guys were a lot more dangerous before the Gunblade Nerf. Akali even got a slight nerf after that. They are good champs sure, but really no were near as devastating as they use to be.

Village Idiot

12-17-2011

Donno why ppl still ban Akali when a Lightbringer or Oracles can completely shut her down.

FoX2525

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Donno why ppl still ban Akali when a Lightbringer or Oracles can completely shut her down.
Tankali

OxBaker

12-17-2011

I'll play devil's advocate and say that any time that I have recently played and they were not banned, they have always scored in the top 2 on their team. Now granted my personal experience is not proof that they are still ban-worthy but it is why I continue to ban them and why I think a lot of others do as well.

At the very least they are as good of ban picks as the others that were mentioned.

ViolentlyCar

12-17-2011

Once you start playing with good players, Akali is not only not banworthy, she's not even really a good pick. There are so many characters who can do her job better and if she doesn't really get going, she's nothing but a liability.

Veztai

12-17-2011

I havn't banned them for quite some time. The only reason either 2 are going to do any good, most of the time, is if you or your team mates don't know how to handle them. Generally speaking, most Akalis don't play very well and are going to get wrecked by any CC. Jax on the other hand just needs non auto-attackers to take him out, really. Both are hit pretty hard by MR and CC.

Of course, in good hands, the two can still do very well.

Phourc

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
I'll play devil's advocate and say that any time that I have recently played and they were not banned, they have always scored in the top 2 on their team. Now granted my personal experience is not proof that they are still ban-worthy but it is why I continue to ban them and why I think a lot of others do as well.
I'm not sure what level you're playing at (I've played like 250 games of dom if that means anything), but I will say it's been months since I've played Jax well enough to consider myself an asset to my team. I love jax, and I'd like to think I play him well, but his weak early game and overreliance on dodge procs just make him a poor matchup against most all of the favorite dominion picks. I still hard counter Yi, but how often do you see *him*?

As for Akali- her power is forcing people to fight on her terms, ie, big burst, cloak till it's back up, and another burst - teams that fail to buy a sweeper or lightbringer do have issues with her, a smart team will never have a problem in my experience.

Helixes

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post

At the very least they are as good of ban picks as the others that were mentioned.
I really don't agree they are even nearly as good. Most of who I listed are simply amazing bot lane. In fact, many of the bottom laners mentioned are for the most part countered only by one of the others mentioned, or co-ordinated ganks. Granted, being a team game, Co-ordinated ganks shouldn't be something you feel should never be used, but its more the concept that they need to be 2v1'd. Not to mention an AD sion in any skirmish spells a lose if he isn't completely shut down during his ult (Heal all the teammates!)

MVpmack

12-17-2011

I don't think Akali is necessarily a bad pick. She bursts and chases extremely well and can turn a won teamfight where you repelled the enemy into a cap on their mid. She does need to fight with her team OR find isolated enemies to gank, but that's pretty much gameplay for most assassins. I don't think she's a ban every game kind of champ, though.

I play her pretty regularly, and I generally do pretty well. I'm not like top elo or anything, but I feel that she has to be respected regardless.

ALSO, if you think that she is reliant on her bubble to kill people, you've got the wrong idea. Her bubble is a nice slow, gives good defense, and allows her to do some lovely juking shenanigans. Yes, a sweeper counters it, but a lightbringer does not. The bubble's stealth is fantastic for point defense zoning, as she can overextend on her own point unless you pop a sweeper active on her bubble or get lucky and hit her with a skillshot with sweeper. Overall, she's a good pick. Not the most imba character ever, but the nerfs haven't hurt her that badly.

Argodis

12-17-2011

I don't think Akali or Jax are bad, they're solid picks. They just aren't ban worthy.

This is the #1 reason why I lose many games.

Teammate: they didn't ban akali?? lolololol

*instant locks akali*

They then proceed to be useless the rest of the game and say "bg" when it's over.

Every time.