kill deny-ing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormCrow

10-06-2009

Just curious but can i deny creeps like i do in DoTA,and if so,how?

Weretoad

10-06-2009

Nope, can't.

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

Technically only Gangplank can with his Raise Morale ability, but it has a 25 second cooldown. With cooldown reduction you could get it down to 15 seconds or so.

StormCrow

10-06-2009

sad-ed=(

Nerdz

Adjudicator

10-06-2009

Actually there is a way in lane control to be denying your own creep. That requires you to play closer to your opponents tower, in that regards, you will make your own creeps targeted by the oponents tower, which will make him lose $$gold$$, because last hitting becomes harder.

A post was made earlier tho I can't remember where it is. There is 2 form of denying in LoL, Gold denying ( like I just explained ), and XP denying done throught the agressive play and harrassing.

It is not "real" denying but it serves the same purpose at requires good lane control and skills to be able to pull it off nicely

Aurax

10-06-2009

Some indirect way of minion denying at the beginning of the match is pushing the lanes just to the enemy tower, and trying to keep the push just in that point. If the tower is killing the minions, the enemy champion is not killing them and not getting any money. Besides that is more complicated to last hit when there is a tower around, because it does so much damage to minions. Of course not all champions can use of this strategy (try to do it with the pirate :-) and you will see what I am talking about), it is only useful at the beginning (later on, just destroy the tower), and it is dangeorus too, because it will put you in a vulnerable place, ready to be gangked if you are not careful.

Cheers!

PS :-) just posted it and saw other answer explaining the same

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

The last 2 posters "get it"

Thank you for explaining DENYING, in this game, to the masses.
I've been trying to do it for awhile now and I'm tired of repeating myself.

Husbane

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weretoad View Post
Nope, can't.
Thank god! I played HoN after not playing DotA in a few years and forgot how much I hated denying.

Edit: Yeah, I do this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdz View Post
Actually there is a way in lane control to be denying your own creep. That requires you to play closer to your opponents tower, in that regards, you will make your own creeps targeted by the oponents tower, which will make him lose $$gold$$, because last hitting becomes harder.

A post was made earlier tho I can't remember where it is. There is 2 form of denying in LoL, Gold denying ( like I just explained ), and XP denying done throught the agressive play and harrassing.

It is not "real" denying but it serves the same purpose at requires good lane control and skills to be able to pull it off nicely

Shizz

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husbane View Post
Thank god! I played HoN after not playing DotA in a few years and forgot how much I hated denying.
I have played 2 games on HoN and couldn't stand it. Felt way too much like DotA 2.0

Just out of curiousity, how many games did you play?

SmecssRaege

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
I have played 2 games on HoN and couldn't stand it. Felt way too much like DotA 2.0

Just out of curiousity, how many games did you play?

HoN !IS! dota 2.0

and as far as pushing up to the tower...it's definately the most viable way of denying....and really the only potential way....but i have developed a method to get kills at the tower... although it is still a lot harder and more precise than without the tower :P