Firewall issue, Clearly not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepNweezel

12-17-2011

So as a match is about to start up, the LoL logo appears as it should. However it takes the LoL quite some time to respond 90% of the time. A box appears saying my firewall may be blocking and it says to retry connection. It works right away when I click retry, but must I do this forever? I allowed all programs that have to do with LoL on my firewall but nothing. I tried turning off my firewall and starting a custom game (not to smart, but I don't know what else to do) and nothing.

Now I'm here, hoping I can solve this issue. Thanks!

sleepNweezel

12-17-2011

Really lookin to solve this issue.

sleepNweezel

12-17-2011

help

sleepNweezel

12-17-2011

Anyone?

reapermaster

12-17-2011

still likely a firewall or routing issue. May consider changing your DNS to google

sleepNweezel

12-18-2011

Ok I changed it to that. Still nothin =/

MapNinja

12-18-2011

This problem actually started happening to me today when i changed my DNS. I changed my DNS because it was acting up and i had internet but couldnt access websites. Then the reconnect/firewall thing began, so i switched it back, but the problem didn't go away. I'll try google's DNS that you posted, hope that fixes it. BTW, which does lol use in this case? IPv6 or IPv4? I would assume v4 based on what you posted, but if not, that would explain why lol failed on me because i didn't change my IPv6 configuration.

reapermaster

12-18-2011

LOL is on IPv4 as far as I know.

After you switch the DNS make sure you reboot your router. If the router has a bad route in it that will force it to forget it.

sleepNweezel

12-18-2011

Still having the same issue. It's weird because I've read these solutions work, then again I've seen it not work as well.

The exact message is "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

reapermaster

12-18-2011

do you live in a location where the internet is provided to you, such as a dorm? You have got me scratching my head.