Magic Resist runes on my Nocturne Jungle build - Advice please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadbocks View Post
The heck do you think scrub even means? Flat MR has its place, although not on some junglers due to the fact they reach the point of breaking even very shortly after actually facing enemies who have magic to be resisted.
Scrub = someone that has tons of exp yet they still are clueless.

Im sorry but flat MR on nocturne is half fail. Who is going to super burst you that early in the game? With a spellshield? Its either MR per level or attack boosters. The dude is giving advice on nocturn and doesnt even know his passive... lololol.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyxe View Post
First of all, Armor pen quints and Flat AD marks, with Armor pen marks maximizes your damage to monsters starting at level 1.
First you can get your armor pen from attack mastery and maximize your monster dmg at level 1. You get a phat AD boost from Q. You dont need ad runes. You want to get in as many auto attacks as you can while Q is up.

Quote:
Second, attack speed doesn't affect your passive at all since it's based on it's own internal CD . It does a percentage of damage based on your attack damage and is physical, therefore affected by ArPen.
Attack speed does affect his passive... (srub?) Guess what else also makes your AD do lots of damage? Attack speed.(especially when you are smacking enemy with free hits thanks to CC fear)

Quote:
My build uses Zerker treads so your impetuous statement about "0 attack speed" is overlooked. His shield, if used properly, gives plenty of attack speed at the right moment.
Really? You can get zerker boots at level 1? Reading comprehension comment = pre-game attack speed. you know... the speed you come into the game with at very start

Quote:
As for jungle speed, thats what the marks and quints I use are for. Third, Armor Pen affects your Q and your R. Finally, I've tried many, many builds since I own every rune and champ. Cookie-cutter builds are cookie-cutter for a reason. They work. Derp.
You get AD steriod from Q. Q lasts longer than it takes to kill the minions. Jungle speed is not an issue with nocturne. He is a very easy jungler. So this is pointless part of the arguement. You may want to end the game with lots of armor pen. But there is little point in jungling with more than what is needed to do true damage to minions. Your build seems like something from before the mastery changes and jungle changes. Good luck. Cookie-cutter builds are for zombies who cant figure out the game for themselves. DERP. You keep running your build that makes half sense and ill run my min/maxxed build.

Thats like stacking pure AD on sion even though he has an AD steriod instead of stacking attack speed... a crappy build.

Sorry for hijackign your thread OP. But this guy needs to be argued against... so clueless.

Cyxe

12-18-2011

Speaking of hijacking, I just read up on the jungle changes, it changed 1 rune on my page. Switched out 1 Arpen rune for 1 more Flat dmg rune. I just went 13-3-6 in a 4v5 Ranked match. Our taric was a scrub noob, i had to ping every CV for him and he ended up leaving at lvl 7 anyway. My build > All. GG carry noc pubstomp cookie-cutter up yours.

Mad Jim8896

12-18-2011

Quote:
Speaking of hijacking, I just read up on the jungle changes, it changed 1 rune on my page. Switched out 1 Arpen rune for 1 more Flat dmg rune. I just went 13-3-6 in a 4v5 Ranked match. Our taric was a scrub noob, i had to ping every CV for him and he ended up leaving at lvl 7 anyway. My build > All. GG carry noc pubstomp cookie-cutter up yours.
With my current build, until two days ago I was on a 27 winstreak. I single-handedly turned around about 10 of those simply from my high jungle speed getting me ahead of everyone and giving me enough ganking power to shred apart most enemies within 4 seconds of R'ing to their lane and come out with barely 200 health lost. Judging by this, you probably can't play better than me at Nocturne, and your build is terrible in comparison.

Anyway, I've run the numbers and seen that my AS only gets boosted by about 0.06-0.08 attacks per second, hardly enough to do anything useful, so MR/lvl glyphs seem to have come out on top.

JovianJustus

12-18-2011

Since as procs your passive my page is, 3as reds 6 arpen, armor yellows, as blues, 1as quint 2 arpen quints. I found that with the new masteries I can afford the as instead of arpen for some reds, and you don't need the Mr blues till later in the game and by then you can make the choice to build Mr or not depending on what you need. The as boost with your Q leads to more survivability and so I can justify it.
Nocturne was my main jangler for over a month until I became comfortable with jungling, now learning Lee and udyr ... I find that Noc is more team dependant than the others can be.

Cyxe

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Jim8896 View Post
With my current build, until two days ago I was on a 27 winstreak. I single-handedly turned around about 10 of those simply from my high jungle speed getting me ahead of everyone and giving me enough ganking power to shred apart most enemies within 4 seconds of R'ing to their lane and come out with barely 200 health lost. Judging by this, you probably can't play better than me at Nocturne, and your build is terrible in comparison.

Anyway, I've run the numbers and seen that my AS only gets boosted by about 0.06-0.08 attacks per second, hardly enough to do anything useful, so MR/lvl glyphs seem to have come out on top.
get a new champ.

Mad Jim8896

12-18-2011

Quote:
get a new champ.
Learn to play Nocturne.