Magic Resist runes on my Nocturne Jungle build - Advice please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyxe View Post
That sounds horrible. I'm surprised you can even play, let alone win a game. A proper Jungling Noc pubstomp build is more like this:

Quints: Armor Pen
Marks: 3 Flat damage, 6 Armor pen
Seals: Flat armor
Glyphs: Flat magic resist

Start with a Cloth armor and 5 health pots, and go straight for Zerker treads, Wriggels, and a Brutalizer -> Ghostblade + Banshee's veil.
Oh hey... what do you know. Another cookie cutter build from before mastery revamps patch.

I prefer the extra attack speed to synergize with his passive. And the dorans blade to augment my attack damage, lifesteal from mastery + quints + synergize with my earlier attack speed. Just because you dont utalize dorans blade + attack speed junglers doesnt mean they arent good.

Your way has ZERO pre-game attack speed (except for maybe 4% from masteries and W passive as you slowly level it up...). I much rather abuse nocturns passive while also making the attack speed more useful via AD buff from Q.

Mad Jim8896

12-17-2011

Quote:
That sounds horrible. I'm surprised you can even play, let alone win a game. A proper Jungling Noc pubstomp build is more like this:

Quints: Armor Pen
Marks: 3 Flat damage, 6 Armor pen
Seals: Flat armor
Glyphs: Flat magic resist

Start with a Cloth armor and 5 health pots, and go straight for Zerker treads, Wriggels, and a Brutalizer -> Ghostblade + Banshee's veil.
I already have my build fully worked out, and it's a hell of a lot better than that. I don't want advice on any other runes other than glyphs.

Quote:
I think there's a general misunderstanding between "per level" runes and "flat" runes, but I believe it's fairly straightforward. "per level runes" help you late game. "flat" runes help you early game. As a jungler, early game is the most crucial part of the round, so you want to be harder to kill, "mr/lvl blues" will be useless and therefore you may as well not have any glyphs at all on your jungler.
Flat magic resist glyphs are a terrible idea. MR/lvl glyphs overtake them at lv10, and most of my combat with mages before then isn't that dangerous, as I can block their CC with my shield, and they haven't stacked high enough AP to do serious damage.

Everyone, I want advice on glyphs, not anything else. I already have MR/lvl glyphs, but am considering getting others to improve my jungling speed and get out and ganking early. Could anyone who has experience with Nocturne and jungling give me some advice?

Cyxe

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Jim8896 View Post
I already have my build fully worked out, and it's a hell of a lot better than that. I don't want advice on any other runes other than glyphs.

Flat magic resist glyphs are a terrible idea. MR/lvl glyphs overtake them at lv10, and most of my combat with mages before then isn't that dangerous, as I can block their CC with my shield, and they haven't stacked high enough AP to do serious damage.

Everyone, I want advice on glyphs, not anything else. I already have MR/lvl glyphs, but am considering getting others to improve my jungling speed and get out and ganking early. Could anyone who has experience with Nocturne and jungling give me some advice?
I've got 1500 normal wins, I can jungle with just about any champion capable of jungling and last season pretty much jungled exclusively in ranked matches. If that's not experience I don't know what is.

Cyxe

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
Oh hey... what do you know. Another cookie cutter build from before mastery revamps patch.

I prefer the extra attack speed to synergize with his passive. And the dorans blade to augment my attack damage, lifesteal from mastery + quints + synergize with my earlier attack speed. Just because you dont utalize dorans blade + attack speed junglers doesnt mean they arent good.

Your way has ZERO pre-game attack speed (except for maybe 4% from masteries and W passive as you slowly level it up...). I much rather abuse nocturns passive while also making the attack speed more useful via AD buff from Q.
First of all, Armor pen quints and Flat AD marks, with Armor pen marks maximizes your damage to monsters starting at level 1. Second, attack speed doesn't affect your passive at all since it's based on it's own internal CD . It does a percentage of damage based on your attack damage and is physical, therefore affected by ArPen. My build uses Zerker treads so your impetuous statement about "0 attack speed" is overlooked. His shield, if used properly, gives plenty of attack speed at the right moment. As for jungle speed, thats what the marks and quints I use are for. Third, Armor Pen affects your Q and your R. Finally, I've tried many, many builds since I own every rune and champ. Cookie-cutter builds are cookie-cutter for a reason. They work. Derp.

Mad Jim8896

12-17-2011

Quote:
First of all, Armor pen quints and Flat AD marks, with Armor pen marks maximizes your damage to monsters starting at level 1. Second, attack speed doesn't affect your passive at all since it's based on it's own internal CD . It does a percentage of damage based on your attack damage and is physical, therefore affected by ArPen. My build uses Zerker treads so your impetuous statement about "0 attack speed" is overlooked. His shield, if used properly, gives plenty of attack speed at the right moment. As for jungle speed, thats what the marks and quints I use are for. Third, Armor Pen affects your Q and your R. Finally, I've tried many, many builds since I own every rune and champ. Cookie-cutter builds are cookie-cutter for a reason. They work. Derp.
The cooldown of the passive is reduced by 1 second every autoattack you do.

Anyway, everyone, for the last time, I don't care about anything except for glyphs. I'm disregarding all information except them. For the most part, I've been given advice on virtually everything except that.

Somebody, please just give advice on glyphs rather than the rest of my build, as I already have that worked out.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

Quote:
Uninstall plz. You have zero reading comprehension. Just like your build has zero pre-game attack speed. Also you know attack masteries gives you 6 armor pen for doing damage to minions? You only have so long to get as much damage as you can in before your Q runs out. More attacks = better for his kit.

I prefer to play my nocturn with 1.0+ attack speed at the very start. MUCH more efficient with his kit. I find it funny that you find it hard to believe I even win games with my build yet you dont even know basic ****.

As for OP. There is nothing wrong with attack speed blues. Noc is one of the few characters who can pull it off with his kit. Thanks to spell shield + CC fear why not give attack speed a little bump? I play a gank only noc and almost never 1v1 so maybe thats why I dont feel I need mr per level blues. (although if you are going to use them use the per level like you said and not the flat ones like baddie cyxe said.)

dirtpoor

12-17-2011

Quote:
I've got 1500 normal wins, I can jungle with just about any champion capable of jungling and last season pretty much jungled exclusively in ranked matches. If that's not experience I don't know what is.
1500 games played and you still run with flat MR glyphs over per level?? On an assassin with a spellshield? Wooooow. This man here is the epitimy of "scrub". Sorry for being mean and blatant but its sooooo true.

Cyxe

12-17-2011

A scrub with 17 rune pages fully-loaded and the option to use any runes in the game.. right. Tried it both ways and my way wins. It works on a plethora of junglers. Using my build, one Q and one Passive takes down most jungle monsters to about 1 attack each. Oh no, we didn't need attack speed after all. Obviously, you kids spend too much time on the forums and not enough time in-game. As for reading comprehension, when you have a 1500-1300 win ratio in solo queue, come talk to me. Not 1500 games played. Noc is probably my least played jungler because he's simply too easy. So yeah I didn't know about his second part of the passive, it's still not going to do as much damage without Armor Pen. Boring, next champ plz. Zerker treads, Wriggels, Ghostblade, BV, Infinity edge, Bloodthirster.. why isnt the game over? Cuz you scrubs are on the other team refusing to surrender. Until you come up with hard evidence to prove me wrong, or actually test the full build, go ahead and criticize one aspect of it. A build is a build in it's entirety. Asking for advice on one part of your build is like Leonardo da Vinci asking for advice on how big to make the Mona Lisa's nose. Flames without even using complete sentences and no evidence, you're obviously not the type of person who should be seeking advice on a forum. Go read up on scrub leaguecraft builds you'll probably find your answers there.

breadbocks

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
1500 games played and you still run with flat MR glyphs over per level?? On an assassin with a spellshield? Wooooow. This man here is the epitimy of "scrub". Sorry for being mean and blatant but its sooooo true.
The heck do you think scrub even means? Flat MR has its place, although not on some junglers due to the fact they reach the point of breaking even very shortly after actually facing enemies who have magic to be resisted.

Mad Jim8896

12-18-2011

Cyxe, I'm just gonna ignore all of your advice now, since you're obviously ****ty with Nocturne.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, guys.