will frosen heart work on Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

73 Han

07-10-2010

When I play Annie, I start with 400g blue Cristal.

I usually go straight for Rod of Ages, but sometimes I feel like I'm lacking some protection.

So I make Catalyst, which can go 1. Rod of Ages. 2. Banshee's veil or 3. Frozen Heart.

I find Banshee great, but when you are being focused with 3 or 4 CCs, blocking one doesn't mean much.

Rod of Ages gives you some HP, but nothing else helpful in surviving.

Frozen heart, on the other hand, gives you 99 armor + 20% AS reduction to your surrounding enemy. Hopefully I wouldn't need MR since I will get them early team fight.

So, will it work? or is there something better.

Steve The Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

Personally i'd say veil is more useful. It is not the one spell that it blocks, but the others that arn't used on you because it would be blocked that are the beauty of the item. As for the armour for FH, it is useful, but it is very expensive to have 'just in case'. If your playing annie right, you shouldn't be in the firing line until after you've unloaded all of your spells and the opponent is near enough dead that you don't need to worry, but the veil stops spells, gives health *and* mana. I'd say it is the much better option for annie.

GalaxyHero

07-10-2010

Seems a bit overkill. Rod of Ages should be enough in my opinion.

Blugyblug

07-10-2010

Quote:
abyssal scepter is a magic resist item for casters and glacial shroud is a good armor item for them.
This.
Get a frozen heart if they have 2 or 3+ physical DPS. Otherwise glacial shroud is enough.
Frozen heart gives some awesome CDR though.
But really, the survivability items i get for casters are usually RoA, Abyssal and Glacial shroud. Thats enough.

Dumspta

07-11-2010

I would just focus on Rod of Ages and just pick up an armor or magic resist item on the way.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Never play with Annie without protection.

(It leaves behind evidence.)

HanzGruber

07-11-2010

Guardian Angel provides both armor and MR. Combined with the mercury treads that you're likely to be carrying, it'll give you a good bit of mitigation. You'll have plenty of hit points between RoA and rylai's to make it all bundle nicely.

unR Mohrisbetter

07-11-2010

for soft characters, you're generally better off building health before armor. having 100 armor with only 2000 health doesnt do much when you can get bursted down.

Lawful

07-11-2010

Romanian? lol

BurritoChef

07-11-2010

I play Annie a lot and I go RoA and Rylai's as my first real items (besides boots) in almost every game. That's usually all the survivability you need.
If it's late game and they are focusing you like crazy, either a BV or Frozen Heart are ok to get, but generally not earlier. Your job in mid-game is to do crazy damage in fights - your survival is secondary.