Gearing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

So...after reading Wolf trash somebody over how they geared, I checked my last 10 Dom games and noticed I never had a complete build. That's right. Most of you probably knew that would happen, but I was actually surprised to find that none of my games allowed me gold and/or time for a complete build.

Wow.

So what items do you consider super no-no items? Wolf said Zeal + NCloak would surpass an FoN in terms of gold efficiency. True? False? I'm looking into it all now, but open to pro advice.

Edit: Flat or per-level runes? Obviously it will differ from rune to rune, but what's your reasoning for generally taking flat or generally taking per-level? Looking into that as well.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

it depends, many occasions i have full builds and about 1-2k gold left....................................

some games that are close will get more dragged out or more gold, others, not so much

my advise is, to use small items too as well as the big ones. like a hextech sweeper + prospectors ring could be as well as an RoA, but gives more effect as well. But by all means, build a big one after the small ones, like a deathcap.
another reason for that is, you don't get to be able to recal too much in Dom

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-10-2012

Quote:
it depends, many occasions i have full builds and about 1-2k gold left
Yeah, I build a Trinity Force on Lee, and that might be why I don't get a "full" build. Perhaps it's time to work from the ground up. If anyone has played Lee Sin a lot in Dom or simply knows a lot about him or Dom, please advice concerning Trinity Force purchase. I'll check into the numbers myself shortly.

Dremare

01-10-2012

Wolf thrashes everyone. Don't worry about it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Wolf thrashes everyone. Don't worry about it.
Oh, I know, but he makes some good points.

Yaladilae

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
Yeah, I build a Trinity Force on Lee, and that might be why I don't get a "full" build. Perhaps it's time to work from the ground up. If anyone has played Lee Sin a lot in Dom or simply knows a lot about him or Dom, please advice concerning Trinity Force purchase. I'll check into the numbers myself shortly.
my typical full build on lux for example

prospectus ring
morello tome
ionian boot
deathcap
void staff
wota

Basoosh

01-10-2012

HP5 and MP5 are generally stats that I avoid on Dominion. Those stats are balanced for classic - you will get very little use out of them on Dominion.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
HP5 and MP5 are generally stats that I avoid on Dominion. Those stats are balanced for classic - you will get very little use out of them on Dominion.
Yeah, they're definitely less useful on Dominion. I was mostly going for the MS and MR from FoN, so I am looking into the alternatives.

Hobocop

01-10-2012

I do like FoN when I play Cho'Gath just because I really appreciate the combination of big MR + movespeed on a single item. There's other options that are probably more efficient on Dominion, but when I also want to fit in 40% CDR, armor, and a decent attack speed item, there's only so many item slots to go around.

I also really like Shurelya's on tanks/initiators despite the less than ideal regen stats since that mini-ghost active has been so loyal to me. It's saved my life so many times and secured enough kills that I feel it's well worth the premium on HP5/MP5. Nothing like boosting an AP Singed with ultimate on straight into a Graves, where he then flings him for half his HP into me for a free kill every single time.

I don't really think there are any straight do not buy items on Dominion, unless those items are shakey prospects to begin with on whatever champion you're playing, such as Tear on champs with long CDs or don't really need the huge mana pool. All depends on the situation, but the big difference is that farm is much less of an issue than it would be on SR, so oddball or unusual item builds come to the fore.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
I do like FoN when I play Cho'Gath just because I really appreciate the combination of big MR + movespeed on a single item. There's other options that are probably more efficient on Dominion, but when I also want to fit in 40% CDR, armor, and a decent attack speed item, there's only so many item slots to go around.
Agreed. If I can't afford multiple item slots, FoN is fine. Even the Hp5 isn't useless in Dom. It's just not ideal. I'm researching my past 10 games to see how much gold I spent and a few other things. Should be interesting.