Why is LoL more popular than HoN

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaintedDarkSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Because HoN is for real gamers and LoL is for casual gamers. I mean come on a teleport back to base and no denying sucks.

Which also explains why LoL-only players get destroyed in DotA2...

Also, HoN makes people rage more then LoL, thats why I switched :P.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Both have mostly equal competitive playability, but LoL is also much more fun for casuals.

HoN is very elitist.

No one likes elitists much except other elitists.

Myrkr Lokidottir

12-16-2011

I can't speak for the old reason, but I tried HoN for the first time recently.

Never again.

I was cursed out, called a slew of insults, over voice chat and in the game chat, told to uninstall, and that I should kill myself.

Game got uninstalled for a Gods' ****ed good reason.

Jeremizle

12-16-2011

lol is a much easier game to learn.

Perfect Insanity

12-16-2011

There are many reasons, the most popular one would obviously be the fact that LoL was free to play since birth.

Good thing about LoL itself is that offers enough simplicity for those unfamiliar with MOBA style games to get attached to this and understand everything that's going around, and enough more in-depth and complex skill that gamers who spend time with this game get a hold of. Things such as smite steals, dragon/buffs timers, last hitting, warding, lane control, team compositions, ins and outs of all the champions and so on and so forth are things you learn to do as you progress in the game, making "being good" at this game a lot harder then it seems at first.

Boss Kobra

12-16-2011

Also, Dota 2 will deal with voice/text chat abusers

HoN just gives a **** about it

MThead

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbringer View Post
LoL is just funner. HoN may require more skill, but that only means less players.
People like to throw out "HoN/DoTA requires more skill" and i've never been able to get an actual answer as to what this percieved 'skill' is.

Just because its easier to die, kill and snowball doesn't mean the game requires any more skill, those are just mechanics differences (denying too, in essence its still just the skill of last hitting)

Fabulous Gem Man

12-16-2011

League of legends is a lot less punishing for being bad

League of legends is originally free.

Hon gave the community a bad rep beforehand (Mind you, league of legends has a terrible one)

To be honest, its just a more casual version of dota, less learning curve and anything.

Personally, i liked Denying in the game, it was interesting.

Also, people don't like the concept of hard carrys in this game, even though they do what their designed to do, the objective is to keep them weak.

Also, this is a bad question to ask on a biased forum (No offense, this would be like asking if Rift is better on the WoW forums)

Sir Hamilton III

12-16-2011

It's because LoL has been free since day 1

No other reason.

Dota 2 >>>>> though. Being able to actually juke people instead of being limited to running in and out of a bush or dodging a skillshot is waaaaaay more fun. That, and the champions are designed way better and are much more unique.

its cold in here

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epzilon1 View Post
League of legends is a lot less punishing for being bad

League of legends is originally free.

Hon gave the community a bad rep beforehand (Mind you, league of legends has a terrible one)

To be honest, its just a more casual version of dota, less learning curve and anything.
What do you mean Hon gave the community a bad rep?

123456 ... 12