[Guide] Malphite, The Rock Solid Behemoth -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteakAndGravy

10-07-2009

Just a quick note to say thanks SmecssRaege. Your guides are well written and helpful.

SmecssRaege

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakAndGravy View Post
Just a quick note to say thanks SmecssRaege. Your guides are well written and helpful.
Thank you very much :-) Comments like this are greatly appreciated <3

Krald

10-08-2009

One question:
Why no sunfire cape on Malphite?

SmecssRaege

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
One question:
Why no sunfire cape on Malphite?
Because i can pop brutal strikes, ground slam 1 shotting backrows and then punching melees 2-3 times to net those 2-3 kills. highly unnecessary.

300 armor (attainable at about 5,000 gold) nets you a ground slam of 430 damage, gg creeps =p

Siveal

10-08-2009

What do you do for someone stacking armor penetration? Or for burst DPS (Ryze, Gangplank, etc). I haven't found a reliable item build that will counter this for Malph.

SmecssRaege

10-08-2009

Armor stacking = never a problem for me. Why? Because i stack -% attack speed.
-110% attack speed if they are attacking me, hit with groundslam, and in frozen heart radius.

As for the early game nukers. the quickest way to put their damage in a more controllable amount is to go

Chalice of harmony > boots > negatron cloak

then continue my usual build order... that will give you 90 MR (approximately 40-50% damage reduce) for less than 2,000 gold, and you will build that cloak into your banshees veil

i have honestly NEVER had a problem with any of the nuke heros on malphite following my item build tho, they pretty much melt WAY too fast under the power of ulti + ground slam + shard 2 the face....also i use flash...so ryze aint **** to me, i listen for the crackling sound of his ulti then just flash out of distance :3

GETaDRAGONITE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

only comment since i dont play him often is his ult. is one of the best initiators... but kassadins riftwalk is thee best. specially if u have any reduction... 3 seconds a rift and if you want you can even rift spam on base and use teleport to get into battle so you open up with a 800+ rift walk hes the best chaser and overall most op char hes just difficult to learn...
lol i totally took one thing and changed the topic completely sorry i just want ppl to start playing hard characters

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

i hate to be critical but... in high elo games, that malphite build will never pass.
reasons:
1. not enough health early on.
2. missing aegis of legion, one of the best tank items.

a very common build in high elo games is:
1. sapphire crystal + 2 health potions
2. ruby crystal -> upgrade to catalyst
3. boots of speed -> upgrade to mercury treads
4. ruby crystal -> aegis of legion
5. banshee veil or sunfire cape, or warmog, depending on enemy
6. guardian angel.

i suppose this guide is decent if you were on a team with another tank.

Holepuncher

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
i hate to be critical but... in high elo games, that malphite build will never pass.
reasons:
1. not enough health early on.
2. missing aegis of legion, one of the best tank items.

a very common build in high elo games is:
1. sapphire crystal + 2 health potions
2. ruby crystal -> upgrade to catalyst
3. boots of speed -> upgrade to mercury treads
4. ruby crystal -> aegis of legion
5. banshee veil or sunfire cape, or warmog, depending on enemy
6. guardian angel.

i suppose this guide is decent if you were on a team with another tank.
Been using this build lately choosing banshee veil and I really like it. This has tons of armor and magic resist, a respectable amount of health, and some utility stuff on banshee, aegis and guardian.

SmecssRaege

11-05-2009

I've never been a fan of aegis...i don't know why... i know it's a great item and yet i can never bring myself to buy it

(only time i ever buy it is on taric really)

and as far as "health" goes....it's not the only tanking stat, admitedly i do run into some problems when it comes to tanking certain badass nuke heros...and because of that i've been looking at a less armor more MR tank build

(chalice > mercury > spirit visage ... 115 MR in the first 3500 gold, HP/MP regen to boot and cooldown reduction)

haven't tried that one yet but really....i rarely do have a problem with dieing, as this isnt a "true tank" build it's an initiator tank build that packs high defensive stats vs. stacking health and enough armor to make ground slam really bring in the money and pain