Play Janna instead of Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maxusmaximus

12-16-2011

In certain combo's she works really well. Went vs an ahri/rammus/wukong/voli combo yesterday and omg taunt/taunt/throwback/wukong ult was horrible. She has her place but shes not terribly strong on her own.

PrimalHatred

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantson View Post
I think we can all agree that she leans slightly on the weaker side for a new champ. Her AP scaling is horrible.

Orb of Deception (+0.32 per ability power)
Fox-Fire (+0.38 per ability power)
Charm (+0.35 per ability power)
Spirit Rush (+0.3 per ability power)
If you only hit Orb on the way out, get one hit of Foxfire, and don't cast the ultimate multiple times, yes. That's about as dumb as saying that Akali's AP ratios are 0.4, 0, 0.3 and 0.5.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Those are her AP ratios, fact.

Shaxtenn

12-16-2011

Have people been building Lichbane Ahri? I don't own her so I have no idea. But she has 6 spellcasts in a full rotation, and low AP ratios - staggering out her spells with a Lichbane proc for each one seems like the way to go. If you just treated her as a burst mage and churned out QWER as quickly as possible, because of her low ratios, you wouldn't get much out of it.

Snakefinger

12-16-2011

I feel like I've played nothing but games with Ahri. Seen lots of bad ones, but I've seen good ones too. Can't hate on players for who they pick, it's all about how they play.

Narcomancer

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuznets View Post
I must be missing somthing but Ahri's charm is leading to insta enemy death in tf and her true damage really hurts even tanks. Janna? Damage? Never was a whitness of it out of 1000 games.
I used to do crazy OP damage with Janna in SR before Dom came out...

Narcomancer

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrosTheOctopus View Post
She has the same damage and 4x the utility. Thanks.
She has more utility because she is a support, while Ahri is an assassin. Im a fan of Janna personally, and she can do good damage, but not as much as Ahri built and played well. True damage should not be underestimated.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Honestly, Ahri is starting to become a viable ban just so your OWN team doesnt pick her... atleast until the hype dies... or you wanna play her hue

Stimuz

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
She has more utility because she is a support, while Ahri is an assassin. Im a fan of Janna personally, and she can do good damage, but not as much as Ahri built and played well. True damage should not be underestimated.
AP Janna's a better assassin, true story.

Narcomancer

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
AP Janna's a better assassin, true story.
Exactly where is the burst damage coming from with YOUR ap Janna? Lich Bane? Zephyr?

Janna is awesome, but landing her Howling Gale at full force is a heck of a lot less dependable in CS that it is in SR.

IMO, her utility is more valuable than her AP damage in CS relative to SR. Namely, using her howling gale instantly for a fast interrupt. Her Ult is CS nerfed as far as the heal as far as I understand it, but it can still be used as an interrupt, or manipulate the battle zone to save teammates or put an opponents in a compromising position.

I mean, being an assassin usually requires bursty damage, and I'm all for rebuilding champs to serve whatever end if you can figure out how to do it. So the only thing I can figure is; Zephyr->Lichbane->Eye of the Storm->Lichbane for the kill combo?