Lets Talk About Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynister

10-07-2009

I would just like to see his fire spell benifit from ability points a bit more. didnt have more then a glance but looks to be it only gets 1/5th-1/4th of the ability points you have. kinda weak for boosting that spell and the siphon for me at least was a challange to get the last hit a lot.

personally i would like to see one of three things

a)siphon benifit from ability points as well as kills.
b) his fire benifit from ability points more either in dmg or in how much armor is reduced
c) his ultimate uses the hp drained to boost both off and Def maybe 2:1 ratio. Would lend a bit more surviveablitly and warrent the blackdogdie attitude from the other team as the longer you left it up the tougher it would get. Course when its does end you go back to super squishy making timing important when using the ult.

Odinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbreakfast View Post
I want to love Nasus more than I do. His skills are satisfactory other than his wholly useless q build up. (1 damage per kill with that skill? pathetic!)
Each rank increases the gain on dmg you get in it per killing blow, i think up to a max of +3 at rank five witch may not seem like a lot but when you focus on increasing it you can get it to do some decent dmg. No its never gona be a one shot kill like parrlay in its current form but it does help out more than you would expect in hero fights.

Tazildanda

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynister View Post
I would just like to see his fire spell benifit from ability points a bit more. didnt have more then a glance but looks to be it only gets 1/5th-1/4th of the ability points you have. kinda weak for boosting that spell and the siphon for me at least was a challange to get the last hit a lot.

personally i would like to see one of three things

a)siphon benifit from ability points as well as kills.
b) his fire benifit from ability points more either in dmg or in how much armor is reduced
c) his ultimate uses the hp drained to boost both off and Def maybe 2:1 ratio. Would lend a bit more surviveablitly and warrent the blackdogdie attitude from the other team as the longer you left it up the tougher it would get. Course when its does end you go back to super squishy making timing important when using the ult.
I don't understand why you would get ability power at all really. Your fire is only good for two things, farming minions and reducing the armor of people you are fighting. The effect of the armor reduction does not increase with AP and at rank 5 it can kill all minions in a lane, so I don't see why you would need to increase the damage. As far as siphon strike increasing with ap.....why? It becomes stronger the more attack power you have, there is no reason to change it.

benzooor

10-07-2009

I'm really surprised to see so many people say Nasus is underpowered!

I've been playing him as my main since he came out, and feel just as powerful as anyone else. You are able to farm and to gank very well, and when he gets enough damage on his items it's scary.

Yesterday I popped his ultimate in a teamfight and got a quadruple kill in ~5-10 seconds. It was the sickest thing I've done with ANY hero.
You move very fast, hit very hard, and can not only farm but can chase people down.

I see too many people maxing his fire spell -- this is pretty bad, as the skill is pretty ineffective against heroes. I have had a lot of success with 1/1/1 then maxing Q, then fire then wither later on. Oh, and Nasus is NOT a tank! Don't play him like one!

Nate the Great

10-07-2009

His fire spell is pretty balls. People who get it early game don't really understand what Nasus needs.

Obviously he's a phenomenal last hitter. Just like in DotA, a hero doesn't need to have a farming move to be a good farmer. This guy can dominate the last hitting game so easily. Take improved smite and many of the talents from offense and run with it. His second summoner ability should be ghost IMO..this is debatable though.

Max Siphoning Strike first followed by wither. Get lifesteal early so you can jungle..if you jungle effectively with him you can avoid the difficulty of the laning phase.

Effectively, you can become a jungler / ganker early game with presence in all the lanes because you can roam the forest and still farm. When you have an opertunity to farm a lane, you should do so. It's pretty much easy to last hit every creep in an open lane in this game..no denying is fun. Also lifesteal helps you survive harassment when you lasthit with SS. It heals a LOT.

As for items, phage is a pretty leet item on him..as well as attack speed. Last Whisper is good, Starks Ferver is good..upgraded to frozen mallet is phenomenal. Theres a ton of synergy between attack speed in phage, and even more so with mallet. Most importantly attackspeed synergizes with his ult and also with tower destruction.

Once they fix his ult to work as intended he wont be squishy. the HP from phage and ult should be enough to keep him alive when combined with life steal.

Gaurdian Angel is always an option too with a hero who can farm his balls off.

Kharnath

10-07-2009

What is wrong with his Ult? All I'm aware about with it is that it scales MASSIVELY with AP at the moment, but I know that's a bug.

Mystikal

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzooor View Post
I see too many people maxing his fire spell -- this is pretty bad, as the skill is pretty ineffective against heroes. I have had a lot of success with 1/1/1 then maxing Q, then fire then wither later on. Oh, and Nasus is NOT a tank! Don't play him like one!
Because his fire spell is a goddamn must for early game farming in a ranged environment? Rank 4 will clear out entire waves of creeps, leading my to a 3:1 creep kill advantage over even heroes like Ashe, that amount of money is far too valuable.

Nate the Great

10-07-2009

to the post above me -

Thats why you jungle. If a carry hero can jungle and avoid laning against difficult lanes, he should.

You can jungle from level 1 with smite and the right talents. Buy life steal. If you dont wanna deal with the difficulty of jungling from level 1, wait until level 3. You will rock creeps, no problem.

do not make the mistake of getting fire and skipping his disable. You will be ineffective in ganks. you dont have the mana to even use spirit fire when jungling. You cant afford lifesteal and meki pendant is basically a wasted item on him. You can just last hit with SS and autoattack to jungle. Its pretty effective.

Mystikal

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
What is wrong with his Ult? All I'm aware about with it is that it scales MASSIVELY with AP at the moment, but I know that's a bug.
Tested in a practice game, had 450 AP, ult aoe only ticked for like 80ish on heroes with 2k hp, doesn't appear to be bugged anymore.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2009

His ult is supposed to give him a HP boost and attack speed(?). It isn't working now. Once its fixed, I'm sure he can at least survive better in team fights.