Lets Talk About Nasus

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdrage

10-06-2009

I feel that nasus is a very strong hero, even without his ult.

He can be squishy, but with his Q's ability to crit, +crit% works wonders on him. With his ult up, I've 2-shot the other teams carries in team fights without being much more farmed than the rest of the team. last hitting with Q and stacking it up works amazing both early and late game as you get gear making him a force to be reckoned with. The ult is great for dealing with tanks as well, but the +damage from health drained is a bit too much imo.

All in all my endeavors with him have been a little too successful imo, but he's still not quite AP Sion and Yi status.

Kharnath

10-06-2009

Problem is that he can't really get to an OP status because any decent player will see him use his ult and either run, or the whole team will zerg him.

Disables end his life, and he is VERY reliant on wither because his movement speed is rather slow. His ultimates AoE range is very small; and he can only become a REAL threat if the other team are stupid and stand in it without disabling/destroying him.

OsamaBinSwagen

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
Problem is that he can't really get to an OP status because any decent player will see him use his ult and either run, or the whole team will zerg him.

Disables end his life, and he is VERY reliant on wither because his movement speed is rather slow. His ultimates AoE range is very small; and he can only become a REAL threat if the other team are stupid and stand in it without disabling/destroying him.
His starting movespeed is 320, that is really fast coupled with the +3 boots! But yes, he is really dependent on wither, and yes he does get destroyed with CC

ReclusiveVoa

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
This is true. This is also why I think I'm going to start playing with a Kayle so I can get a little bit of that invun shield love. I wanna see a 1500 crit.
Played a game recently with a Kayle and Nasus mixup, actually. The nasus was dps scaled with a Guardian Angel, and the Kayle was assit-dps scaled.
The final, deceive team-fight took place just outside last pre-inhib mid-turret; our nasus walked in, was nuked out in 2 seconds; with their ultis down (or at least, some of theirs) we walked in and dropped all our AoEs, and when Nasus came back to Spirit+ulti, kayle dropped her shield on him. Full team wipe, with the only final cost being some mana and a guardian cooldown.
So, yeah, it's pretty damned effective.

Odinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

Guardian angel and Banshee veil are a must on him atm! imo

Ricky Vicious

10-06-2009

Quote:
he is incredibly squishy for what is supposed to be a melee tank/carry (I'm not quite sure what his role has been defined as yet
he is most def. a pusher. He crushed creep waves with his q/e, and he needs the gold to bolster his hp. I have found that He is a huge force in team fights to be reckoned with in team fights bc. of his high damage output, with incredible lifesteal. However, that abruptly ends when he gets disabled, and his health drops like a rock when he isnt beating the bajesus out of someone. In my experience playing him, ashe is pretty much a hard counter to him, as her arrows keep him from staying with the person he's beating on. And oh, is he about to kill someone? Ult! stunned/slowed while their whole team jumps on me and kills me with in 2 secs.

To counteract this, perhaps change his W to a speed buff/cc reducer self-cast. I personally feel that the slow isnt needed for him anyway, as he is meant to be a lane pusher/team battle juggernaut lte game. This way he could actually manuver through team battles without every disable they have getting cast on him as soon as his could goes up.

Kharnath

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Vicious View Post
he is most def. a pusher. He crushed creep waves with his q/e, and he needs the gold to bolster his hp. I have found that He is a huge force in team fights to be reckoned with in team fights bc. of his high damage output, with incredible lifesteal. However, that abruptly ends when he gets disabled, and his health drops like a rock when he isnt beating the bajesus out of someone. In my experience playing him, ashe is pretty much a hard counter to him, as her arrows keep him from staying with the person he's beating on. And oh, is he about to kill someone? Ult! stunned/slowed while their whole team jumps on me and kills me with in 2 secs.

To counteract this, perhaps change his W to a speed buff/cc reducer self-cast. I personally feel that the slow isnt needed for him anyway, as he is meant to be a lane pusher/team battle juggernaut lte game. This way he could actually manuver through team battles without every disable they have getting cast on him as soon as his could goes up.
My experience has me thinking Wither is a bit of a crutch, Spirit Fire's biggest strength beyond creep domination is the armor debuff; and without wither NOBODY is stupid enough to stand in it. Not to mention wither is detrimental in catching champions like Singed ad Yi who can be exceedingly tricky to hold down.

Manbreakfast

10-07-2009

I want to love Nasus more than I do. His skills are satisfactory other than his wholly useless q build up. (1 damage per kill with that skill? pathetic!)
Mainly he is by far the squishiest melee character accessible. and for his intended job as a lifestealing dps monster along the lines of jax and yi he just cant fit the bill or stack up to any other character in the game. Easily ganked easily harrased. He has no defense for disables or stuns, the list goes on.

Kharnath

10-07-2009

Been playing him a lot lately; he's honestly my favorite hero next to Jax. Both their play styles are very satisfying. But he just dies so fast...

I think a lot of it has to do with the HORRID amount of CC in the game, I really can't stand how many stuns there are. I'm fine with having thing proc stun abilities but so many champions have it readily available. Leaving champions like Nasus to be DESTROYED in the onslaught.

He's a great champ with great abilities, but he never lives to use them. I spend more time being bounced in the air with my avatar than actually trying to kill people. I think a certain percentage of the life being stolen needs to be returned as health as well; not all of it, maybe a half even a quarter.

Tazildanda

10-07-2009

I love Nasus, but yes there are some truly detrimental flaws in this champ. First off like almost everyone above me has pointed out, when the opposing team decides to cc him, he is done, there is no getting out of it. Second, his ultimate as awesome as it can be, becoming a giant black object on someone's screen just screams "Kill me, kill me". You can of course counter this with a tank build but that just makes all his abilities pointless being that they are all made for damage.

Main champions that I've noticed are his bane
Teemo (blind just breaks Nasus)
Jax (stun spam = no life leach = your death)

The pros to this champ are just down right amazing though, Your passive life leach stacks with the life leach of items allowing you to essentially 1v1 anyone that doesn't put the cc lock down on you. Whither is just a perfect anti-runner spell and is even phenomenal when fighting due to the fact that it reduces attack speed as well. Siphoning strike just makes this champ though, truly for those who are always going for the last hit. However, siphoning strike does seem a bit over powered since it doesn't have a limit on how many times it can increase in damage. While screwing around in a practice game I was able to get 1700 damage crits which really destroys anything that has that balls to get in your way.

Proposed changes

Change the animation of Avatar of Death so you do not become the first thing everyone sees on their screen. Perhaps keep everything the same about it but just make him keep his original size instead of being a six story building.

Siphoning Strike needs some kinda of cap on the damage increase from killing blows though I don't think it should become something easily achieved in a normal game.

To counter the CC shut down maybe just a bit more health or even an increase in base armor...idk I will let someone else do the math on this one.

123456 ... 7