Late game Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

73 Han

07-10-2010

I started playing Annie two this week, and I like her so far, except for her late game.

Compare to mid game when she packs a huge burst and early game when she is a good harasser, late game Annie seems to be missing something.

By the late game when everyone has got a MR items or worse, Merc's thread (lowering her stun to negligible 0.8 sec or something) Annie's burst does little damage.

Any advice in building a late game strong Annie?

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

What items do you usually build? I've only played a little bit of Annie myself, but I main casters (play a LOOOT of Anivia and some Malz) and we have a lot in common.

A Void Staff gives some nice AP and also helps a lot with your resistance woes, if that's something that's really shutting you down. And Sorcerer's Shoes are standard, of course.

When I did play Annie, I always found that the stun wasn't really ABOUT the duration. It was more about getting them to stop moving for just a heartbeat so you could spam all your abilities and they couldn't have a hope of escape. Treads may make the timing a little more difficult, but it gets easier and easier to unleash your full combo ridiculously fast the more you practice with her.

HanzGruber

07-10-2010

If they're stacking MR, pick up a void staff. Also try not to enter teamfights by coming up from the rear. Attempt to flank and drop a stunbear combo on a carry, even if you don't get the kill, you should do enough damage to remove them from the fight. Invest in a bit of survivability, GA comes to mind. If you can stay in the teamfight, you can deal sustained damage and provide multiple AoE stuns.

73 Han

07-10-2010

I usually go for Merc's thread for survivability but I should try Sorcerer's boots I guess.

Last game I went

Rog of Ages -> Mercs Thread -> Fiendish Codex -> and I was og Raijai's staff.

The worst part was that in last game, It wasn't even MR but pure HP of taric that bugged me.

Every team fight he's up at my face and even after my ful combo retain his more than 50% HP

I don't think Annie's skills scale that well... or do they?

ilovetolmao

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 Han View Post
I usually go for Merc's thread for survivability but I should try Sorcerer's boots I guess.

Last game I went

Rog of Ages -> Mercs Thread -> Fiendish Codex -> and I was og Raijai's staff.

The worst part was that in last game, It wasn't even MR but pure HP of taric that bugged me.

Every team fight he's up at my face and even after my ful combo retain his more than 50% HP

I don't think Annie's skills scale that well... or do they?
Dont fight the guy with the most survivability/tank. Aim for the squishy people in the back doing mad DEEPS like ashe. You can't expect annie to instanuke the tank to death.

HybridMalice

07-10-2010

Only hope of late game Annie is if you do ok enough to get mejai stacks and get zhonya. Usually happens when your pwning everyone with annie but your teammates can't push so the game is dragging on. With full mejai stack, zhonya, and roa you get around 500AP which basically doubles the damage of all your spells. I was still able to 1 shot combo certain heroes at lvl 18. Admittedly if your game does drag on that long there's nothing much you can really do to carry the game, especially not into late game.

Tl;dr: Ideally you shouldn't get to late game with Annie and if you do you already lost most probably. Thats in my experience/opinion anyway. Obviously this wouldn't really be as much of an issue at high ELO I would imagine.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

HybridMalice, it's not all lost when your game with Annie goes into late game unless your team is incompetent or worse not playing the game so you have less than five members in your team actually pulling their weight. Usually what happens in the late game for Annie is exactly the same tactics used on squishes when you try to remove them as well. Undoubtedly, assuming the team wasn't exactly doing well in a public non-arranged match against an arranged team. It may cause people to think it's over for Annie since you can't kill but on the other hand, you can bait them and buy time for your team to make up loss ground if they are dead set in shutting you down.

Assuming you farmed the opposing heroes a lot and have that 1000 G bounty on your head. Even without it, teams will always look to shut down Annie to have the edge in the team fight, especially late game.

In short, all is not lost unless your team chooses to not pull their weight and attempt a come back. But in same time, there will be times you will definitely know there's just no point prolonging game due to various circumstances.

Mind you, this is an opinion and if a senior player would like to correct me. Please do so. I'm all ears for other thoughts and experiences in the game.

Minrog

07-12-2010

For me it seems that early game is strong for tanks and gankers, mid game is strong for nukers, late game is strong for carries. Annie is a nuker and reigns supreme in the mid game time period (levels 6-16, or so). In the late game, your role is going to be that of an AOE stun bot with decent-ish damage output. The goal is to be damaging enough that they feel they need to buy defensive items to block you. That way you keep them honest and prevent them from stacking armor/thornmails against your physical carry. If they don't stack defenses against you, you should still be able to crush them, and if they do stack the magic defenses your carry will crush them.

Just my perspective though, interested to hear others.

MMM So Moist

07-12-2010

Ignore anyone who tells you to buy a void staff and slap them in the face.

As annie your job is to get over 15 stacks mejiah before it gets to end game, having AT LEAST 10 stacks at end game is essential.

An abyssal scepter grants you AND your teammates all the m.pen you need against squishies. If high DPS characters are forced to buy a banshees etc just to counter you, in a balanced team this should help physical DPS characters wreck their face. Since void staff only grants AP and 40% M.Pen at the cost of an ENTIRE item slot, better used for a guardian angel, banshee's veil or zhonya's ring (all of which essential to late game).

Ofcourse, before when percentile reductions took priority over flat reductions it was an AMAZING item.

Nowadays, its pretty ****.

Oh, and just so you know.

Catalyst > Rod of ages is a terrible build on annie. As your priority is building a mejiah's ASAP.

Doran's ring > Sorc boots > Mejiah is standard, after that. Build survivability and AP