Questions - About Twitch and Stealth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ErdoS The Wise

07-10-2010

Hello, I'm about to buy Twitch and I'm wondering about some specific mechanics of his skills and of stealth in general.

First of all, as a good player being cautious of stealth, i always try to LISTEN to when an enemy is going stealthed. So my question is how do i know they cant hear me? For example, if I am lets just say in my base in beginning of game (meaning enemies not there, obviously), if an enemy clicks map to my base and i go stealth will he hear it? It's kind of the same idea with baron, I'm not sure of this but you CAN hear your enemies fighting baron even if you're not near... right?

Also, can Teemo's shrooms see invisibles? I know i played with my twitch friend and we couldnt figure out why they saw him, he died in places so random there shouldnt be wards there.... Or is there any bugs that allow seeing stealthed? (I remember one time my chat box uncovered a stealth's hp, but maybe it was something else?)

Ok and about Spray and Pray, neglecting the fact it should be called Spray and PREY.... What does this 100% mean? Ignores armor? what's the deal?

And about ambush, how do i know im maximizing my attack speed? If its based on a % of how long ive been stealthed, then wouldnt getting more points in ambush kinda... not help much?

Thank you all for reading from the always apprehensive buyer, ErdoS!

qu1et

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

I'm not entirely sure about the stealth sound, but a good rule of thumb is for you to be in their fog of war when you go stealth. That way they don't know if you've left or whatever. Presumably they will not hear you most of the time in this case.

You can't be seen when you walk over Teemo's mushroom in stealth, but they will typically know where you are and that you're slowed because they see the mushroom disappear.

Spray and pray gives 100% improved attack speed. Another notable thing about S&P is that your attacks become missiles and you have to target an enemy to shoot. What this means is that a hero can dodge your attacks by running in a line perpendicular to you. This is why you typically do not want to use S&P in a 1 on 1 (among other reasons).

The duration of the attack speed buff on ambush is up to 10 seconds, depending on how long you've been in stealth. In order to get the full duration of the attack speed buff, you need to stay in stealth for at least 10 seconds. Early game, don't waste the mana to go stealth if you plan on popping out right away because the buff will only last for 2 seconds if you were in stealth for 2 seconds, 4 for 4, etc.

IS12e47f2dcd0fc03df9a48

07-10-2010

Pay and Spray gives you a attack speed boost, as well as a range boost and makes your attacks penetrate through opponents so they will hit enemies standing behind your target.
Teemo's shrooms can't see invisibles.. I'm quite sure.
Ambush.. You will get your % boost, but when you´re in stealth for a longer time, the duration of your attack speed boost is increased.
I hope this helped you

wildfire393

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdoS The Wise View Post
Hello, I'm about to buy Twitch and I'm wondering about some specific mechanics of his skills and of stealth in general.

First of all, as a good player being cautious of stealth, i always try to LISTEN to when an enemy is going stealthed. So my question is how do i know they cant hear me? For example, if I am lets just say in my base in beginning of game (meaning enemies not there, obviously), if an enemy clicks map to my base and i go stealth will he hear it? It's kind of the same idea with baron, I'm not sure of this but you CAN hear your enemies fighting baron even if you're not near... right?

Also, can Teemo's shrooms see invisibles? I know i played with my twitch friend and we couldnt figure out why they saw him, he died in places so random there shouldnt be wards there.... Or is there any bugs that allow seeing stealthed? (I remember one time my chat box uncovered a stealth's hp, but maybe it was something else?)

Ok and about Spray and Pray, neglecting the fact it should be called Spray and PREY.... What does this 100% mean? Ignores armor? what's the deal?

And about ambush, how do i know im maximizing my attack speed? If its based on a % of how long ive been stealthed, then wouldnt getting more points in ambush kinda... not help much?

Thank you all for reading from the always apprehensive buyer, ErdoS!
I'm pretty sure they only hear the stealth sound if you are onscreen, not in fog of war or bushes without one of their units in it.

Shrooms can't see invisibles, but it's possible they dropped some Wards, which can (and are invisible themselves)

Spray and Pray is called such because originally it fired the shots somewhat erratically in a cone, so he's spraying and praying he hits the targets he wants to. 100% means that the damage each missile does is just the damage of his attack (and applies all onhits and crits), as I believe originally this % scaled as well (before they realized that it was garbage that way).

As other people have said, you gain the attackspeed bonus equal to the time you spent stealthed, maxing out at 10 seconds.

ErdoS The Wise

07-11-2010

Actually i've certainly heard twitch enemies go stealth in fog of war, when they were close to me. And i am wondering, can i hear them go stealth in grass (When i am not in grass, ofcourse)

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Yes you can hear them go stealth in grass aswell.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

Also to note, all the enemies your ult attacks hit, get a stack of his poison, AND his range is increased enough to attack a tower without it attacking back.

Blugyblug

07-11-2010

Nidalees traps, corkis Q, Kogs R and TFs ult can see stealth, btw.

Ambush increases the attack speed boost by a set amount for every level. The DURATION of the attack speed upon attacking depends on time spent in stealth.

Lawful

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBahBz View Post
Also to note, all the enemies your ult attacks hit, get a stack of his poison, AND his range is increased enough to attack a tower without it attacking back.
Not anymore, your range is lower than tower range.

Nethervoid

07-12-2010

He'll hear you stealthing if you're on screen.

Teemo's shrooms give him site of you if you hit one.

Spray and pray hits any champions in range in the line of fire. It does AOE damage.

Count to 5 in your head to maximize attack speed