[Guide]Soraka, destroyer of worlds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brucebunny

10-05-2009

Aloha to all! This guide is for anyone that finds this game boring and likes a little more of a challenge or atleast a headache! I'll begin with what masteries I take seeing as a lot of people find this to be VERY important!

Offense

Deadliness 3/3
Cripple 1/1
Sorcery 3/4
Alacrity 4/4
Sunder 3/3
Brute Force 3/3
Lethality 3/3
Havoc 1/1

Utility
Good Hands 3/3
Perseverence 1/3
Awareness 4/4
Greed 1/1 (I just take this because I suck at making money)

I get exhaust because I reduce their armor to nothing early game and start destroying their lives with Soraka. For spells I just go starfall/heal with 1 rank of infuse early on to keep me from ever going oom.

Items
3xAvarice Blades
Once you have accumulated enough wealth(after selling avarice blade)-> Zeal, Zerker's Greaves, BF Sword.
Save up grab an inf. edge then phantom dancer.
Finish with Last Whisper
If game isn't over, go with whatever does damage or gives you HP.

Runes
Crit damage 50%
Hp regen 2.7%(this doesn't matter)

How to win:
You run around and attack them staying away from the fight as much as you can and stealing kills. But then at the end of the game when your team has already won you can go tank all 5 and kill them with ease.

Highborne

10-05-2009

Why do people feel the need to post, really, utterly useless stuff like this guide?

You have no basis as to why this works and really this isn't how anyone will play Soraka.

If you cannot find a challenge in this game then maybe it is time to start playing normal games.

ghostbuster

10-05-2009

Was solo pugging in games tonight when I came across this. He was the turning point of the match, she got hot and did a 1v5 while we were dead, was amazing. This build is truly one of the best and needs to be nerfed IMO.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3517/soraka1.png

SmecssRaege

10-06-2009

im not gonna lie....i at least give you mad props for making the most unorthodox soraka build...possibly ever...but going even ratio with it at least proves it isnt the worst build ever XD kudos to you for that >.>

theErk

10-06-2009

I must agree with Highborne

there are many other champions who can do this better and seeing how soraka is a support hero its sad to see her potential wasted like this.

as for fun and giggles build, knock yourself out, but its hardly worth a post on the strategy forum

Erk

pdawt

10-06-2009

I used this build today for the first time. Let me tell you first hand, this build is unorthodox but works very well. I went 14-7-5. IMO very overlooked potential

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2009

Sure, it works, but why not on a champion who can do it better like Master Yi?

Weeef

10-06-2009

... mis-post ... *deleted*

Husbane

10-06-2009

I've actually thought about doing something like this, especially before the last Soraka buff. Since the OP doesn't go in to an theory on why, here's mine...

Soraka is amazing early game. The Mana return combined with her +AR and HP/p5 spell are really awesome, and her Star-fall (name?) early game is ridiculous. However, aside form her ULT, the scaling isn't there for late and super-late game. A build like this allows you to utilize your skills early game for a strong early push, hopefully getting a few kill (I have found it pretty easy to go 5-0 on her before lv8) while building for some real beneficial dmg late game. I wouldn't necessarily follow the OP's build, but something more like:

Ginsoo's Rage Blade > B.Boots > Inf Edge > P.Dancer > Last Whisper > Bloodtherster, Cleaver or Mallet (for HP/Slow) if you need it.

Again, I haven't tried this, but I do think it would be seriously viable, especially in Pubs in the lower brackets.

Something to consider.

J

Felzar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shido View Post
Sure, it works, but why not on a champion who can do it better like Master Yi?
Because Soraka's range is crazy, and also Soraka's Heal over Time+life steal+insane att speed+her ultra heal+summoner heal(if u get it)= nearly unkillable. The down side to this build is that using this build means Soraka is VERY WEAK until late game.