Who Thinks They Should Make Tryndamere Less OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LockOn117

12-17-2011

I am not going to lie I am new to this game. However I do think he is a little op. I think a good idea for nerfing his ult would be something like unable to heal himself after it ends for a few seconds. I have seen him a few times dive past the towers kill someone pop his ult run out and then regains most his health back. I know other characters can dive past the tower like shaco and I often do as him. Anyways its just an idea

TheOnlyJaces

12-17-2011

3v3 tryn is a 90% win. Way to unbalanced
5v5 he is just good.

Cyxe

12-17-2011

FYI he just got nerfed last patch. Read patch notes thx.

Edit: The best counter to a tryndamere is wait until he ults, then exhaust him. He does the most damage at the lowest hitpoints (1) and then Ignite him as the exhuast wears off. GG tryn.

DarkenDragon

12-17-2011

heres the problem with trydamere, hes a glass cannon that is unshatterable when his ultimate is up. with most glass cannons you can burst them down and theres no problem, with him he becomes invincible and thus rampages through everyone and at a stronger attack cuz of his kit. this is just something that is very VERY hard to balance and the only counter to this is to just stun/fear/snare/kite/charm him so that hes helpless for a part of that ultimate. the other problem is that since he is a glass cannon, hes also dishing out a ton of damage, so before you even burst him down to the point he needs to use his ultimate. he probably bursted one of your men down to death already so thats the other problem I see. figure out a way to fix these problems and im sure you'll find him more balanced, but thats not an easy task at all

Redenbacher

12-17-2011

Yes, he can't be killed during his ultimate. It's a good thing he's melee, or that might actually be an issue. His gap closer is on a fairly long cooldown assuming you're not standing there with your thumb up your ass feeding him crits to shave seconds off of it.

Yes, the only solution is hard CC and kiting... as any squishy champion should be doing to any melee champion, since their main weakness is that they have to close a gap to deal damage, and their strength lies in the damage they can deal when actually in someone's face.

Amazing that Tryndamere actually requires a little bit (and I stress 'little') of finesse to shake off.

Redenbacher's Four Step Guide to Defeating Pubstomping Tryndameres:

1) Stop wasting your hard CC before his ultimate. Get him to activate it as fast as possible by focusing him first, and THEN use your hard CC to waste those precious seconds of his. He has only 4 seconds to deal damage if he has any hope of escaping, and 6 if he goes all in to the death.

2)Stop building glass cannon. ALL of his damage is physical. Buy armor. Buy HP. Thornmail and Randuin's Omen are fantastic counters to Tryndamere.

3) Stop feeding him during the laning phase, and don't let him free farm a lane for 20 minutes. He's a hard carry, he has a weak early game followed by a game-deciding late game. Keep pressure on him early, and he'll never reach a point of relevance late game.

4) Use your brain. Believe it or not, there is more to this game than mashing buttons and dealing tons of damage.

XxDevilxXGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Trynd is actually broken, not OP necessarily. He can either wreck and there's nothing your team composition can do, or you counter him but he can still own you late game anyways. You can't focus trynd in a team fight lol, or your team will get ripped in half, and guess what, he has his ult anyways. So much for that focus, takes a good 8 seconds to kill him, 8 seconds that you need for better focus. He can carry hard late game, as he just doesnt care and goes around destroying anyone with his incredible damage and ridiculous crits. Thormail would do the job or just exhaust him in a team fight to focus the others, but still, he will screw people up way more than he should be able to. He should be balanced in some way, but it will never happen. Just like Gangplank is op to **** but nothing will happen. Ban in ranked solves those problems, if you want to leave open kassadin, rammus, or morg for the other team to have. There are just a handful of op champs, you just need to work with your team against it.

Kramels

01-06-2012

Maybe I'm wrong to bring this up.

Take a look at Xin Zhao, then look back too Tryndamere. Why is Xin so weak in comparison if they are so balanced?

Anyway, I realize they are different champions, but if you compare Tryn to a lot of AD champs the difference in strength is noticeable.

He needs just a little bit of toning down to bring him back in line with other champions.

uberflacid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

He feels op in solo queue because your always going to have a teammate who doesn't seem to understand the value of a good defensive item like thornmail and randuins.
They try and outdps him and end up feeding him even more. At least that's what I notice in most games. By the time they do listen to advice and buy some defense, its already too late. Honestly, some early defensive items go a long way against a trynd.

Another thing I notice is in many games a team blows their cc all at once on him instead of timing to to keep him locked down or saving some for when he ults. This usually ends up with him getting an ace followed shortly by rage and the letters OP flying all over the place.

deathcallsu

01-06-2012

fail hes fine as he is