Carry Harder - Need avice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nakano KILL YOU

01-05-2012

How can I carry harder? I am needing general tips. I'll be in 75-90% of the team fights, with about a 3-1-2 KDA ratio, and I don't know what to do. I try to ward, help teammates in lanes, etc, but i still keep up a losing streak. has anybody felt this before? how is it countered?

Thanks

Azellos

01-05-2012

One thing i learned is that in order to carry hard you can only be so much of a team player. Being in 75-90% of fights means your also missing a lot of farm, and your also losing advantages that ganks can get you rather than fights. It's better to have hundreds of CS and a few kills than to spend the entire game roaming and get just 2-3 extra kills as a result, but relatively less farm. (I believe 1 kill is roughly 20 minions).

Other important thing, make as few mistakes as possible. People always say "I was 6/3, it wasnt my fault we lost". That's a decent score and all that, but unless you have godly CS you'll get outcarried by the fed person on their team. If you were 6/0, you'd be in a much better position, simply because you havent died yet. It only takes one mistake to lose late-game, and just a few mistakes on the part of the hard-carry can also cause a loss.

Nakano KILL YOU

01-05-2012

I'm just really frustrated. I dropped 250 elo today due to people feeding (8 deaths in the first 15 minutes) or people dropping from the game. I am trying to see what i can do better, because i know when it comes down to it, i am the lowest common denominator of all of my lost games. But its hard to know what to do when it all seems like outside factors losing your games. Is there anybody on i could try playing a couple matches with?

Ransom Lewis

01-06-2012

If you're losing that much in one day, take a break from ranked. Less likely to get queued up with the same scrubs and helps you clear your mind. A friend of mine stops ranked play if he loses two in a row for any reason, which is not a bad rule of thumb.

As for your original question, make sure your team takes advantage of won fights. if you win, get a tower. Remember that the nexus wins, not kda. Also, keep lanes pushed after laning phase, it forces the enemy to react to that so you can catch them off guard or take secondary objectives like dragon and buffs more easily.

Nakano KILL YOU

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom Lewis View Post
If you're losing that much in one day, take a break from ranked. Less likely to get queued up with the same scrubs and helps you clear your mind. A friend of mine stops ranked play if he loses two in a row for any reason, which is not a bad rule of thumb.
been taking breaks. I have been put into 10 games with afk/drops. I don't even understand what's going on anymore lol.

Syrant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2012

This isn't so much a good carrying option as it is a great teamwork option:

Buy 5 wards, then place them all on one side of the enemy jungle.

When they are all placed you have several options available to you. You can push a lane considering the great jungle coverage, or gank people trying to farm the camps since you have sight over half of it

Intel is power..

uberflacid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

It's nice to take a break from playing ranked if your on a bad streak. My general rule of thumb is if I lose 2 games in a row, I stop playing ranked for the day and go take a break.