Cassiopeia help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

01-04-2012

what should i be rushing and building on Cassiopeia?
and how should i go about laning against a xerath and such?

i normally start with boots + 3hp pots
then normally get 1 or 2 doran's ring
then i rush deathcap.

most likely, i end with rylais as well, and/or a Wota

im not sure about catalyst, because i do tend to harass well enough, and hp pots help quite a bit.

tear is also a iffy choice for me, because i normally do not run into mana problems, but the archangel's staff is pretty attractive

normally against xerath, i am winning 1-5. i am more agressive than normal, and succesfully harass him, and probably getting a kill

after level 6, however, i dont seem to be able to win encounters, as i find it pretty hard to escape all 3 ultimates without flash, and his stun normally is proced by the ultimate

i normally survive the encounter, because i outlane him early on but it throws me behind as well, as i spend quite a bit on hp pots, or time going back.

what can i do against a xerath? or other long-range mages, like lux (not as hard, but sometimes, she does get me low on later levels, due to my inability to get in range fast enough.

thanks

Medusa

01-05-2012

your starting right, just keep practicing dodging those skillshots is about all you can do and watching his long range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusAlkaiser View Post
Cass is main champso ill help out as much as i can:

1) my item purchase order its always doran ring->doran ring->basic boot->sorceror shoes->catalyst->rush Rod of the ages->depending on team composition i recommend will of the ancients-> deathcap->sell doran rings and get rylays staff(ice staff)->either magic pen staff if enemy stacking resistance- or hourglass.->win.

i extremely recommend will of ancients firt of all it helps team mates and also because your e twin fangs get low cool downs and you can spam it you are able to heal yourself like crazy and in theory you gain additional ~300+ health just for spamming and getting health back.

i recommend you get skills:
q-w-e-q-w-r-e-e-e-e-etc having q and e at level 2 helps running speed and dot proc for e
laning against xerath its easy i recommend doran ring->rush boots because you have movement speed to dodge hits. its all about positioning.

P.S- i recommend you set all keys to smartcast it helps a ton.

when laning against one opponent stick behind minions and keep moving in zig zag 24/7 never stay still for to long. When you see minion wave come they usually have long range group and cannon minion on the back and the 3-4 melee in front. hit back wave with w skill and q or after level 2 w its enough to finish them off without you doing anything and zig zag behind your minion and q first wave when they low or half health.

cass its one of the best champs early game because you can harass with q by moving up aim q and run back. if you follow my item purchase build with 2 doran rings you will hit like a truck. people usually underestimate cass and this is your advantage. once you get level 6 you should never fear anyone 1v1 heck even 2v1 because one perfectly aimed ult and w-q-e-e-e will kill anything in the game.

learn to aim q-w to apply cool down on twin fangs.

PPS- i use all magic pen red->mp per level yellow and ap per level blue->ap quints with this at level 1 and level 30 you start with 42 ap and about 62 with doran ring.

I would have to say your leaving Catalyst to long, and your not rushing it by getting all those items first. If anything start with the Sapphire or Boots and get Catalyst on first trip back. As your build goes that holding it off by 2000g whereas getting Sapphire or boots to start is only holding it off by 350. (you'd get boots then finish RoA). She also doesn't really need that mana from RoA, just a bit of M-regen so it is usually better to rush a Deathcap.

Your skill order is wrong as you cant level up Twin Fang like that after PG at lvl 6. At most you can do it twice in a row. Depending on the person they may like going NB > TF > Miasma > TF > TF > PG > TF > NB > TF etc...... really able to put on the pressure in most fights and win from the high lvl of TF. (it really adds up and since the early stages are usually 1v1 anyway it is often good to focus on TF.

Or if you are good with landing NB and want to play things a bit more safe you could just go NB > Miasma > NB > TF > NB > PG > NB > TF > NB etc..... but remember YOUR DMG DOESNT COME NEARLY AS FAST if things do turn into a fight so it may not be ideal in some situations (if their jungler is gank happy or if the lane is pushed to far). You will have to play a bit more safe if focusing on NB for sure.

You mention that you can harass with NB by moving up and casting it then going back? yes what about that that doesn't mean anything. What else would you do? Why dont you mention how it has a bit of a delay so you can make it look like your running back and cast it as the enemy is following you, so they have less time to react. Since they are focused on getting in some dmg on you.

Lastly you say never fear anyone 1v1 or even 2v1, since you can kill anyone in the game with a prefect combo. Well of course you can kill them but you cant do it that well with you skill order. Focusing on NB means your going to be playing a slower game poking and whittling them down. Also TF will be hitting for **** (each lvl is equivalent to 80AP) which is why i say its better to focus on that in the lane. If the enemy still has a lot of health and you want to kill them with a full post 6 combo which is better, a NB focused build or TF focused one? The Twinfang one will be every time.

Barrett712

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

^ this.
you might find it easier against mids like Morganna, Lux and Ahri to have friendly minions around.
having a minion to be behind will help you defend against the snares certain mids can throw at you.
unfortunatly, the minion thing will not be effective against the abilities champions like Swain, Xerath, and an enemy Cassiopeia will have.

Wafer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Because xerath locks down sometimes, if you dodge this is the perfect time to put your AOE behind him and q him into it.

another thing: always use smartcast, at least on your E, once they are poisoned spam that button as much as possible.

DeusAlkaiser

01-05-2012

Cass is main champso ill help out as much as i can:

1) my item purchase order its always doran ring->doran ring->basic boot->sorceror shoes->catalyst->rush Rod of the ages->depending on team composition i recommend will of the ancients-> deathcap->sell doran rings and get rylays staff(ice staff)->either magic pen staff if enemy stacking resistance- or hourglass.->win.

i extremely recommend will of ancients firt of all it helps team mates and also because your e twin fangs get low cool downs and you can spam it you are able to heal yourself like crazy and in theory you gain additional ~300+ health just for spamming and getting health back.

i recommend you get skills:
q-w-e-q-w-r-e-e-e-e-etc having q and e at level 2 helps running speed and dot proc for e
laning against xerath its easy i recommend doran ring->rush boots because you have movement speed to dodge hits. its all about positioning.

P.S- i recommend you set all keys to smartcast it helps a ton.

when laning against one opponent stick behind minions and keep moving in zig zag 24/7 never stay still for to long. When you see minion wave come they usually have long range group and cannon minion on the back and the 3-4 melee in front. hit back wave with w skill and q or after level 2 w its enough to finish them off without you doing anything and zig zag behind your minion and q first wave when they low or half health.

cass its one of the best champs early game because you can harass with q by moving up aim q and run back. if you follow my item purchase build with 2 doran rings you will hit like a truck. people usually underestimate cass and this is your advantage. once you get level 6 you should never fear anyone 1v1 heck even 2v1 because one perfectly aimed ult and w-q-e-e-e will kill anything in the game.

learn to aim q-w to apply cool down on twin fangs.

PPS- i use all magic pen red->mp per level yellow and ap per level blue->ap quints with this at level 1 and level 30 you start with 42 ap and about 62 with doran ring.

Medusa

01-05-2012

as mentioned, Smart-cast all the spells on her your comfortable with. (eventually do them all) but TF is the most important one to do first. It is a must and there is no reason not to do it.

Sarise

01-05-2012

For Xerath, don't get close enough to let him stun you. He has to be in pretty short range to land his stun on you, so if he doesnt do that then it will be easier to dodge his ult. I also like to get boots + pots as my first because it helps you avoid harass and harass back even better.

NavyDivea

01-05-2012

Most of the advice here is pretty solid, except I disagree with smart casting any aoe.

As for build order: Dorans>dorans>sorc boots>wota>deathcap>rylai's

Your jungler should be giving you blue once you hit 6 then just spell dance on his face.

Medusa

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDivea View Post
Most of the advice here is pretty solid, except I disagree with smart casting any aoe.

As for build order: Dorans>dorans>sorc boots>wota>deathcap>rylai's

Your jungler should be giving you blue once you hit 6 then just spell dance on his face.
Though her NB is comes set as smart-cast so youl be learning its max ranges etc eventually. On other champs i might do otherwise but because Cass comes with that id just like to put them all on Smart-cast. Even though the time it saves is short it does save time and that can mean a lot in some situations.

Doran's is the second best starting item on her to get for sure so all good there. (although i would just get 1 and only get more if your having a hard time in lane.) One thing though i would just get the Revolver after Sorc then go into Deathcap. so your 900g closer to it. By the time WotA is built fight have just started to happen more regularly so it is giving a better benefit then.

ObscureClockwork

01-06-2012

i'll try the twin fang 1st build

i tend to go against that because i find myself harassing more than committing, but it would work better if i could harass harder