Winter map causing eye problems.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3druMz

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
One suggestion is changing the warmth of your monitor, this will have a much greater effective in combination with brightness. This is usually a feature built into your monitor when accessing the Menu, be sure to look for the thermometer as this indicates where to change this feature.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
was gonna say that, dude your usual setting is proly wrong i love winter map so easy to see whats happening...

PirateBurrito

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
One suggestion is changing the warmth of your monitor, this will have a much greater effective in combination with brightness. This is usually a feature built into your monitor when accessing the Menu, be sure to look for the thermometer as this indicates where to change this feature.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
Dear riot maybe you should implement a brightness tool in the game.

frostyDINJA13

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWoulfe View Post
I cannot play on the winter map, it is severely straining my eyes. I know this is happening with quite a few people and no one has given us a reasonable solution. I understand that there are plenty of people who love this map, and it is a nice map, but the colors are too much for my eyes to bare. I have tried adjusting the color, brightness, contrast, everything possible including the in game options but it is not helping even a little bit. Please, for those of us who cannot handle this map, something needs to be done so that we are not limited in our play.

Other threads of people with a similar problem:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1598104

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1598104

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1604682
you clearly have not wasted as much time in front of a screen as the rest of us. you will become acclimated soon young one.

bordboy7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

It looks perfectly fine to me. I play with low brightness and contrast I suppose. I can still see everything perfectly, you probably just have everything set to 100%.

Jesters Wilde

01-14-2012

I have some eye problems admittedly but every time I get that map it just becomes a frustrating and straining experience. Not enjoyable at all. It comes up frequently enough for me to debate quitting playing until it leaves. It is just far to uncomfortable to play on.

I use the computer a lot, I am a digital artist. I have messed with all the settings possible on my monitor, and to no avail.

I understand other people like it and that is fine. I would not like to deprive them of it. My suggestion is then to add a checkbox when you select what type of match you want to play or in your player preferences that allows you to exclude or include certain map skins. I think it is an amicable solution that doesn't take anything from anyone.

Thanks.

jcJUAN

01-14-2012

my only problem with that map is, as the letters on chat box are whites too is hard read