Winter map causing eye problems.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jonaku

12-16-2011

agreed, the game is now unplayable, i'm getting severe eyestrain from all the whiteness of the snow

Cragspyder

12-16-2011

Any chance everyone experiencing eyestrain is using a CRT monitor?

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-16-2011

Its not the monitor or resolution settings. I've adjusted them to the death and even used F.Lux. I've also looked at the map on two other computers, a laptop that my friend owns and my brother's computer upstairs, which has a completely different monitor than me. It is the colors of the map that is causing my eye strain, or the mixtures of the colors. It causes eye strain and disorientation, I literally cannot look at it for more than a few minutes straight so it makes gameplay impossible, not matter the color,contrast,warmth,etc,etc,etc...

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-16-2011

This map should really just be made optional, its really bothering me that I cannot play at all through the break between my semesters...

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-16-2011

Haha, I logged in just to play a bot game and get my first win of the day and I got the winter map in a bot game -_-, seriously this sucks so bad.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
One suggestion is changing the warmth of your monitor, this will have a much greater effective in combination with brightness. This is usually a feature built into your monitor when accessing the Menu, be sure to look for the thermometer as this indicates where to change this feature.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
bonus points for epic, effortless puns.

Teasnap

12-16-2011

Riot Games, please give us an option to play the Summer map exclusively other than a custom game. This winter map just isn't compatible with my eyes. I can't queue with my friends because the winter map is a guaranteed loss for me. I know that I can't win all of the time but I'd rather lose due to the enemy team being better than me than losing because the map blinds me.

NoctisXVZ

12-16-2011

Possible solutions:

1. Radiation screen, hard to do if laptop,

2. Sunglasses!

3. Get of your a$$es and go outside and play something, instead of playing LoL all day, give ur eyes some rest, and excercise, to get the Lady's attention, and if u are a lady, do the same

donald fidel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

I agree.
Also, it's rather difficult to read texts sometimes, but... It is very pretty :3

DreadfuI

12-17-2011

The Winter map is my favorite map. Just turn down the brightness. Quit whining. But, people are going to cry about one thing or the other. I've only played the Winter map once too. I don't know why but I always get the same boring regular map. So I don't know what that problem is.