Alternative idea for a new map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amazerfulify

01-14-2012

So yeh, i was thinking about it the other day when i remembered that, for a while, people were asking for a new map and no more new champions. I must admit i was only playing singed and i was careless about new champions because i couldnt accumulate enough ip points to get a new one back then, so yeh, I was also with the idea of a new map.

BUT, after reflexion i thought that i new map wouldn't be as cool as having ''Random weather'' ! Just imagine how cool it could be if it wasn't always sunny day on Summoner's rift !? It could have some rain and so falling snow once in a while, just to kick some more realisticness* (if i may) to the a match!

Just think about it, 'cause i'm sure Riot could do something neat about it !!

p.s. If Riot do read this, i thought it wouldn't be important to have the ''effect'' of rain hitting the ground, but just some new sounds like, more wind or some thunder...

so yeh, that's it.
Thank you.

Vader Dark

01-14-2012

I completely agree with this mentality. There are some 80+ champs yet only three maps to play on exceeding the tutorial map. I don't see why another map isn't added to a pre existing mode, such as twisted treelike was added but with the same objective as summoners rift. However, TC, i completely agree, some sound effects and map weather would be excellent. You could even take it further by having it add on field effects like rain lowering the power of fire moves by like five damage or something. I don't know how that would be viewed initially but it could add a whole new level of depth to the game.

jcJUAN

01-14-2012

Well duno, a new map could be great sure, but my Idea is a map with 5 lines and 10 vs 10 (the team fights would be awesome a true chaos), but the problem is more lines gona take alot more time and sumoners rift already take more than 1 hr some times at least 40 minutes (Or 20 minutes if you play vs noobs teams :-P) another option is a pure jungle map with just neutral minions no turrets, but duno how decide the winner team and the stealth champs as Shacco and Twitch gone become on a nightmare there (BUahahahahahaha... I hate them).

Finally, Im just gona say Valoran have alot of places and I like the idea of 1 map for region, that means 1 Map of Ionia with alot of bushes and trees a cool place to make ganks and things like that, but bad for go alone or just stay to defend, another map of Zaun with weird diferent kind of terrain as venomous gas aoutig from floor and things like that, another map of one of piramids on Shurima dessert with laberint and new minions (creepy minions) and the most creepy and weird place must be of course Shadow Isles,

PD: sorry for my bad english

Amazerfulify

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcJUAN View Post
Well duno, a new map could be great sure, but my Idea is a map with 5 lines and 10 vs 10 (the team fights would be awesome a true chaos), but the problem is more lines gona take alot more time and sumoners rift already take more than 1 hr some times at least 40 minutes (Or 20 minutes if you play vs noobs teams :-P) another option is a pure jungle map with just neutral minions no turrets, but duno how decide the winner team and the stealth champs as Shacco and Twitch gone become on a nightmare there (BUahahahahahaha... I hate them).

Finally, Im just gona say Valoran have alot of places and I like the idea of 1 map for region, that means 1 Map of Ionia with alot of bushes and trees a cool place to make ganks and things like that, but bad for go alone or just stay to defend, another map of Zaun with weird diferent kind of terrain as venomous gas aoutig from floor and things like that, another map of one of piramids on Shurima dessert with laberint and new minions (creepy minions) and the most creepy and weird place must be of course Shadow Isles,

PD: sorry for my bad english
hey don't worry about the ''bad'' english, i understood everything quite clearly, so don't worry about it. But yeh I know it could be really cool to have on map per region, tho, in the meantime, i thought that some weather effect could help to ease and help us patient for a while .

Amazerfulify

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader Dark View Post
I completely agree with this mentality. There are some 80+ champs yet only three maps to play on exceeding the tutorial map. I don't see why another map isn't added to a pre existing mode, such as twisted treelike was added but with the same objective as summoners rift. However, TC, i completely agree, some sound effects and map weather would be excellent. You could even take it further by having it add on field effects like rain lowering the power of fire moves by like five damage or something. I don't know how that would be viewed initially but it could add a whole new level of depth to the game.
That could be some real ''area effect'' ha! That could be awesome if tank champs could advantage on those terrains!