Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

There should be 1 ban per player per side for draft pugs, IMO.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

What would it hurt? Tired of the same 6 OP champs needing to be banned, but aren't.

FDru

12-15-2011

dat poppy

Denambren

12-15-2011

I actually like this idea a lot.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
FDru:
dat poppy

It's not even that game, it's just these randoms keep getting lead and banning some weird ****. I've seen heimer ban twice today. My fault for not dodging when I saw yorick + kass first picks, those champs play themselves. I shoulda saw the outcome. I figured the universal kass poppy shaco yorick urgot rammus bans were pretty well known, but I guess not. It's pretty sad that ALL 6 bans are set in stone though, something has to give.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-15-2011

Quote:
Stimuz:
It's not even that game, it's just these randoms keep getting lead and banning some weird ****. I've seen heimer ban twice today. My fault for not dodging when I saw yorick + kass first picks, those champs play themselves. I shoulda saw the outcome. I figured the universal kass poppy shaco yorick urgot rammus bans were pretty well known, but I guess not. It's pretty sad that ALL 6 bans are set in stone though, something has to give.

Heimer is a much better ban than Urgot or Kass. No idea why you wouldn't think so.

Gehn the Dark

12-15-2011

I'd rather see the mode get balanced than rely on expanding bans and drawing out the draft process. That's going to add more depth to the ban process than simply giving enough bans to ban the OP champs and then a few actual stragic picks. Especially since I think just expanding the bans to 10 will just result in the list of standard bans expanding to 10, defeating the point of having some bans to actually make interesting choices with.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
ChaoticHypnotic:
Heimer is a much better ban than Urgot or Kass. No idea why you wouldn't think so.

You trollin? In case you're not heimer is one of the weakest bots and can be shutdown by any champ capable of clearing creep waves in a few spells. The list is pretty massive.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
Gehn the Dark:
I'd rather see the mode get balanced than rely on expanding bans and drawing out the draft process. That's going to add more depth to the ban process than simply giving enough bans to ban the OP champs and then a few actual stragic picks. Especially since I think just expanding the bans to 10 will just result in the list of standard bans expanding to 10, defeating the point of having some bans to actually make interesting choices with.

Well, that's not gonna happen so we might as well ask for more bans. It will extend the 10 perma bans, to catch AD casters, warwick/ryze/vayne/kog/blitz ect., all the champs that are banworthy but simply cannot be banned unless targeting the ban or unless first pick, because you can't afford to.

lbgsloan

12-15-2011

Anything that makes the Dominion draft process longer isn't a good idea. However if everyone got 1 ban and had to all ban in the same time window, it would speed things up AND insure your team doesn't get screwed over by a clueless captain who picks weak bans when the other team has firstpick. Cut the champion selection time in half too, and I'd start playing draft a lot more.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-15-2011

Quote:
Stimuz:
You trollin? In case you're not heimer is one of the weakest bots and can be shutdown by any champ capable of clearing creep waves in a few spells. The list is pretty massive.

Not trollin at all. I can't even count the number of times Heimer has dominated bot and required 2-3 champions to dislodge him from our bot tower.

Urgot is a joke; a troll pick and ban.

Kass is both fragile and manageable.