Things not to do in dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keiji Cupcakes

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNinNin View Post
Dominion score gives players a lot of incentive to do stupid **** as well as ignore what's going on in the game because "hey my team is losing the game for me, I've got the highest score they're all dumb", completely forgetting their role on the team and was a horrible idea to implement
I am not putting anything like this in my list. I personally feel that personal score mixed with someone's kill/death/assist ratio(and not just kill/death ratio, if anyone still goes by just kills and deaths and not assists, you're mentally retarded if you're at level 30) is a better indicator of how they are doing than just the kill/death/assist ratio alone.

As is already in the list, dominion is a team incentive game mode, not a single player on the team incentive one. Doinbg things that help the team towards an actual victory net you more points, so the higher your personal score(generally) the more you're helping the team, BD stealthers and bot lane not withstanding. Bot just simply does not get enough of a point score for this to make sense as a judgement tool, and BD stealth champion play in dominion will only **** over your team. You may have a lot of points but you'll still be ****ing your team in the ass, since you're never there to help fight.

Kierloway

03-22-2012

Great write-up. I try to employ a lot of these tidbits you have here, I think many of them are just good rules of thumb to go by in any sort of team based pvp. I get yelled at by teammates all the time for faking people out or hanging out in the bush or by the turret but in the fog waiting as Ali to knock an enemy into the middle of the turret and then knock them again to make them take lots of damage from the turret. I have hid countless times only to have an enemy try to come up and take the turret and I blow them up. I love this as twitch too.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-25-2012

Bump

Keiji Cupcakes

03-28-2012

Anyone else have anything they think needs to be added?

Ms Annie Hastur

04-13-2012

Bumping thread with lore forum sockpuppet. I'll sign in to my main just in case anyone has anything to add.

yausser

04-13-2012

Glad you bumped it since I have never read it before.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

It is acceptable to blame the bot lane if they are hard losing a 1v1 with a decent matchup.

If you're having to send a baby sitter to bot every couple of minutes it's going to hurt your mid/top matchup and vastly change the game.

Ms Annie Hastur

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
It is acceptable to blame the bot lane if they are hard losing a 1v1 with a decent matchup.

If you're having to send a baby sitter to bot every couple of minutes it's going to hurt your mid/top matchup and vastly change the game.
That is the obvious exception. What was meant is the fact that if bot lane is doing good, they still get no points, relatively.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

I think most people pick weird summoner spells. Revive should basically be on almost every hero in Dom (SOme exception I guess if you really need flash to set up a combo). However, plenty of people overlook Garrison. Garrison does 3 things:

1) Regens your tower by a lot. Cant handle creep waves, NP!

2) Allows you to fight on enemy towers. Seriously, towers on dom hurt bad. If you just straight duke it out on an enemy tower, youll likely lose. Garrison basically gives you 8 seconds of survival.

3) MOST IMPORTANT, Garrison is the only way to stop all enemy champs from channeling the tower. If a tower is uncapped, you can simply click the tower and it will contest it. If you own the cap, then you cant, you typically have to take a swing at the enemy. With the sheer number of snares/cc, this can be a problem - but you need that turret damage/cant afford to lose the point. Garrison easily breaks any channels on the tower FROM A DECENT RANGE AWAY. So barely making it to fight the enemy, but you can pop that garrison to hold the tower.

Ms Annie Hastur

04-18-2012

I've actually seem people call me a noob for using revive in dominion. I usually regard these people as SR players since they often try to bring over SR meta to Dom, which can work, but normally doesn't as well as the high mobility high survival teams Dom usually implies. And we all know how useful revive isn't in SR.

I also think I've added that point.