Things not to do in dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

This is an excellent list, lots of generally excellent advice. Although, I will say that if you are TANKY AS F@%K, you can often take on 3 enemies trying to cap your point and drive them off. Amumu, Alistair, and Maokai are good examples of champs who can do this.

OH, here's a good point!:
-When attacking an enemy point, always have someone channeling to stop the Turret shots. Shots have a brief warmup time, so you can split the job and have each teammate channel for just a moment in sequence. This way, all of you can keep attacking and you negate or minimize Turret damage.

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

On the topic of summoners; similar to the way in which Clarity is nearly useless and should never be picked, Revive is one of the best summoner spells in dominion and every team should have at least two. It can give you great windmill presence, allows you to instantly save your bottom turret if you're ganked, gives you a temporary durability boost, and is good for map control in general.

Obviously most players beyond 1800 know this already, but there are *tons* of players who are still convinced that picking revive makes you either an idiot or a troll. I queue with lower elo friends on an alt account (they'd get matched against players who would destroy them if they queued with my main), and we've had people rage at us through entire games just because we used revive.

Also garrison is awesome and needs to see more play.

ProSauce VT

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
Don't give away my clutch win secrets >.>

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
On the topic of summoners; similar to the way in which Clarity is nearly useless and should never be picked, Revive is one of the best summoner spells in dominion and every team should have at least two. It can give you great windmill presence, allows you to instantly save your bottom turret if you're ganked, gives you a temporary durability boost, and is good for map control in general.

Obviously most players beyond 1800 know this already, but there are *tons* of players who are still convinced that picking revive makes you either an idiot or a troll. I queue with lower elo friends on an alt account (they'd get matched against players who would destroy them if they queued with my main), and we've had people rage at us through entire games just because we used revive.

I queued with three friends on an alt account (all around 1500-1700) and we got raged at by our fifth for all taking revive. He did in /all "GG team premade troll revive, enjoy your free win". Next thing you know, two of us die at windmill while they had 4 left and then by the time the two that died came back, the other team's cap was broken and we won the turret and had all 4 guys back before the other team even had 2 near creeps. We wrecked so hard that game and our malz still called us trolls, just "good" ones lol.

Keiji Cupcakes

03-16-2012

Added bday's advice, which is entirely true.

Kiddalee

03-16-2012

I like how the older points are still relevant now.

Orphane

03-16-2012

Words of wisdom to live by.

Also: are you an autoattacker (preferably Ranged AD)? Are there one or more of one of these champs on the enemy team: Shaco, Wukong, Akali, Talon, Eve, Twitch, Vayne? Lightbringer is your holy gospel and you will take a giant dump on these guys so hard because they count on their stealth as deaggro. Obviously for Eve and Twitch you probably want Oracles, but Lightbringer is still very powerful if you catch them out of stealth and prevent them from restealthing.

Same goes for Sweeper - it grants your spells a persistent reveal effect on top of its active.

Keiji Cupcakes

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
I like how the older points are still relevant now.
Bad... bad never changes.

NinNinNin

03-18-2012

Dominion score gives players a lot of incentive to do stupid **** as well as ignore what's going on in the game because "hey my team is losing the game for me, I've got the highest score they're all dumb", completely forgetting their role on the team and was a horrible idea to implement

Viktoree

03-18-2012

Sticky pls, every single person who ever plays dominion should have to read this and then pass a test based on the material in order to even get into a game, and then retake the test every 25 games or so..

+1 good sir