Things not to do in dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
take anivia; level wall to 2 at start, wall off team when game starts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

lol

Spitemaster

12-17-2011

8. Isn't entirely correct. Stop, and get the initial channel, then break it. Your team gets more gold total that way.

Keiji Cupcakes

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitemaster View Post
8. Isn't entirely correct. Stop, and get the initial channel, then break it. Your team gets more gold total that way.
Im sure the person who posted it meant if you're crunched with enemies nearby, better to cap it then risk an interrupt.

Taenaryn

12-18-2011

EDIT: Okay, so lots of these are Do's and not Don'ts. It's 3 in the morning and I'm not gonna rewrite them, ignore them if you want.

If you're squishy and fast, don't rush to Top without your team backing you up--at least, unless you know their whole team is on their mid (because you're smart and watched the map). Wait for your team to catch up or else you'll die for nothing and your team will be weaker when they get to the Windmill.

If Twitch (or another stealther) is ruining your fun, buy an Oracle's. Or better yet, a Sweeper if you're AP.

If you're bot-laning, don't go into the brush. The enemy will see you do it and brush won't help you against Anivia's ult or Sivir/Ahri/Xerath (etc) with their skillshot nukes. Hug top. The fog of war will hide you much better and there's a tasty health pack up there with two much more effective brushes too.

Playing stealthers, and you can't see them on the map? That enemy mid looks tasty? The stealther is often there waiting for you.

Pay attention to the map. Most players go straight in the direction they're headed, so even when they get into the Fog you know where they're going (but see below).

Abuse the fog. Most players don't pay attention so you can use your point's fog to ambush them. There's a line from your base to the center fog that will hide you if enemies aren't on your point. Why shout out and let them know you're back? Why tell them where you're going?

Keep abusing the fog. A smart player will be watching the map and may well see what direction you're headed. So go somewhere else. Fake them out. It costs like one second of movement to lead them in the wrong direction.

Those minions cap faster than you, help you cap faster, and can't be interrupted by anything short of CC or death. If your team is busy elsewhere and you have an AoE (Rake, Boomerang, Thunderclaws, etc) clear a wave or two to help you cap especially if you suspect a stealther is there or Shaco left his box. DON'T farm minions if two of your allies are already capping the enemy point!

The Tab button is your friend. Make love to your Tab. Frequently.

It's usually worth it to wait for your team.

Don't chase an enemy to get that kill and ignore that undefended point. Run back to cap the point. If they come back, use your newly-refreshed cooldowns to ruin their day.

Don't use Clarity on Dom. Ever. Just no.

Don't whine about someone stealing your kills. It doesn't matter who kills them as long as they're dead. It's not Farmer's Rift, you don't need the gold for your ubercarry. You don't need the points for your epeen score. You just need them dead. Sure, you had the enemy on the ropes and were about to strike a killing blow when Talon comes out unecessarily and disassembles your target. Say thank you so you can both team up on the point's defenders!

Don't feed the trolls. Negative whiners who complain more than they play aren't worth arguing with. Even if you have three AFKs, or it's your first Dom game and you utterly suck. Ignore them and learn as best you can. The game isn't lost until your Nexus health reaches Zero, and we've all seen that win with one health point remaining because you pulled it together long enough to beat them.

Amoxus

Recruiter

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post

If you're squishy and fast, don't rush to Top without your team backing you up--at least, unless you know their whole team is on their mid (because you're smart and watched the map). Wait for your team to catch up or else you'll die for nothing and your team will be weaker when they get to the Windmill.

<snip>

I've had 2 very bad instances of this tonight.

I was playing Ahri and waiting in a bush to take top...1 guy kept pinging on my map pic and then pinging top trying to tell me to go there. lol yea... I'm really gonna take it by myself. I waited like a WHOLE 10 seconds for a second person and we took it no problem.

Then at the end of a really close game we were trying to take their mid, almost got it but we had to retreat. Our Xin turns to face our pursuers (I dunno why he didn't just keep running but I wasn't mad lol) so I tried to back him up, but we both die. I get blamed for losing the ENTIRE game for us. Given I had a horrible game but I just chalk that up to a horrible team with no sense of what teamwork is.

Keiji Cupcakes

01-02-2012

I still find people playing Back door pure eve or twitch, they tell me they'll win the game for us because they're actually good at it.

Since they do nothing but cap, they end up with top points, which is to say, 100 below their teams' 4th place point spot.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

people taking your skills does make a difference. A carry with ogld carries harder. That will never change. While thre is a difference between kill stealing and just assuring a kill, you should never go out of your way to take gold from a carry, such as farming aswell

Keiji Cupcakes

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
EDIT: Okay, so lots of these are Do's and not Don'ts. It's 3 in the morning and I'm not gonna rewrite them, ignore them if you want.

If Twitch (or another stealther) is ruining your fun, buy an Oracle's. Or better yet, a Sweeper if you're AP.

If you're bot-laning, don't go into the brush. The enemy will see you do it and brush won't help you against Anivia's ult or Sivir/Ahri/Xerath (etc) with their skillshot nukes. Hug top. The fog of war will hide you much better and there's a tasty health pack up there with two much more effective brushes too.

Playing stealthers, and you can't see them on the map? That enemy mid looks tasty? The stealther is often there waiting for you.

Pay attention to the map. Most players go straight in the direction they're headed, so even when they get into the Fog you know where they're going (but see below).

Abuse the fog. Most players don't pay attention so you can use your point's fog to ambush them. There's a line from your base to the center fog that will hide you if enemies aren't on your point. Why shout out and let them know you're back? Why tell them where you're going?

Keep abusing the fog. A smart player will be watching the map and may well see what direction you're headed. So go somewhere else. Fake them out. It costs like one second of movement to lead them in the wrong direction.

Those minions cap faster than you, help you cap faster, and can't be interrupted by anything short of CC or death. If your team is busy elsewhere and you have an AoE (Rake, Boomerang, Thunderclaws, etc) clear a wave or two to help you cap especially if you suspect a stealther is there or Shaco left his box. DON'T farm minions if two of your allies are already capping the enemy point!

The Tab button is your friend. Make love to your Tab. Frequently.

Don't chase an enemy to get that kill and ignore that undefended point. Run back to cap the point. If they come back, use your newly-refreshed cooldowns to ruin their day.

Don't use Clarity on Dom. Ever. Just no.

Don't whine about someone stealing your kills. It doesn't matter who kills them as long as they're dead. It's not Farmer's Rift, you don't need the gold for your ubercarry. You don't need the points for your epeen score. You just need them dead. Sure, you had the enemy on the ropes and were about to strike a killing blow when Talon comes out unecessarily and disassembles your target. Say thank you so you can both team up on the point's defenders!

Don't feed the trolls. Negative whiners who complain more than they play aren't worth arguing with. Even if you have three AFKs, or it's your first Dom game and you utterly suck. Ignore them and learn as best you can. The game isn't lost until your Nexus health reaches Zero, and we've all seen that win with one health point remaining because you pulled it together long enough to beat them.
I will be adding these.

Shodann

03-16-2012

I'm guilty of some of these more often than I should be.

Hawkwìng

03-16-2012

I stopped reading after #1. Cuz it means alot to me.

As somebody who plays almost nothing but bot. And as AP yi at that. I get accused of being worthless, bad, and causing the loss all too often.

I have 4 dominion games on my match history right now, 3 of them im the #1 score, the 4th one im 3rd place score. 2 of them I lost. The one i lost with top score, i was accused of being worthless and the reason we lost, by the 5th place score.

So yea, stop blaming bot, chances are they are better than the rest of your team.