How can this happen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spazzrico22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

You lived through AoE hell with single target focus.

Queen Sejuani

12-17-2011

Not to mention the ones that carried had a USELESS and the WORST build I have ever seen for both characters, wtf? How do you even go so POSITIVE as Renekton with Trin Force being the ONLY damage item? Well... and sunfire cape I guess...but seriously what the hell?

Dark Ajax

12-27-2011

Also, if you see their summoner spells, four of them had teleports (and no one in your team did). That's the most obvious point that sticks out for me. Their bulky, tankier champs were able to fight near towers 4v5 waiting for a wave to creep up and tele at the opportune moment.

They probably just split-pushed, tele-pushed on empty lanes while your team must have had a lot of battles with all of your involved (given you guys are sort of squishie, would make more sense to stick together to bring down their volis for example).

They probably just outmaneuvered on the map more than anything.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

let this be a lesson to people: when you have the advantage, push towers. stop jacking off in the jungle with baron and dragon. baron/dragon don't win you the match. towers, inhibitors and the nexus do. one tower is worth only 40g less than Dragon, but will win you the game.

push towers. nothing else matters.

FeelgoodGolden

12-27-2011

Dat Ryze.

Gabelous

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
let this be a lesson to people: when you have the advantage, push towers. stop jacking off in the jungle with baron and dragon. baron/dragon don't win you the match. towers, inhibitors and the nexus do. one tower is worth only 40g less than Dragon, but will win you the game.

push towers. nothing else matters.
I'd have to agree with this. Winning in SR is a combination of map awareness, lane pushing, and coordinating in team fights. And with two teams full of glass cannons (as someone previously stated) whoever has the most focus will win. Sounds like their team had a specific kill order in mind when engaging in team fights and your team did not. So while you all spread your damage all over their were focusing on champion at a time, killing them quickly.

I have had a few games like this when I play Ashe. We lose on towers, we lose on team fights, but in late game a little focus will pretty much turn the tide quickly.

Many games I have seen us push into the base and break one inhibitor and THAT is when someone suggests Baron. And more than a few times 2 - 3 rush for Baron at that moment and we get pushed out of their base and ultimately gives the other team enough breathing room to steal the win. If you are all near mid then yes Baron. If you are all in the base pushing then no Baron, it puts you out of position.

Keeperofstars

12-27-2011

I believe it's called the turtle effect, My clan seems to specialize in this tactic, lol.
Basically the other team gets a huge lead, kill wise, even towers, but really can't push the base turrets cause they can't fight under a tower and survive. So you sit in base just farming minion wave after minion wave, while they fight over the 10 neutral camps. They get baron try to push you get a few kills, eventually you get the gear you need to just stomp them.

Also your team comp is super easy to destroy, while there team comp was very much more challenging to take down.

Wukong great escape, and no one at all build armor resists on your team, so wu kong's ult was doing well into the 1500 damage range which is half your teams life up front. Renekton dash, and spin would done a really solid amount and his stun would let someone else finish you off.

BUT if you truely truely want to know the real issue. ahri was the only one that build the items they should of.

Ryze didn't build for any damage at all. Nor did he do like a good ryze and build frozen armor which for this game would of been super prime, as he could of lived for a very long time dishing out a bunch more damage.

Nocturn should of build the full bloodrazor's first, with everyone on enemy team building triforce they had some ok HP, and sunfire, frozen mallet, it would of been a huge help against that renekton eating your team up. Also noc could of used the attack speed doesn't help to hit for 250 damage if you do it slowly.

Yi has low damage, no attack speed, Has no bloodthirster, so no lifesteal actually zero lifesteal. So he got to alpha and toss maybe 2 attacks before going down, and his alpha didn't even hurt at all.

xin builds a black cleaver for ...... I guess the attack speed, but really would of got more out of spending the money on finishing his infinity edge, or better yet a starks so your YI, xin, and noc could get some free lifesteal, and attack speed.
Cause not a single one built any armor.
not like you had to cut down a tank.

on their team, while he "didn't do great. you let viegar get 400ish AP.
So his ult was instant killing ahri, who had zero magic resistance.
Ryze the perfect person to counter viegar did the worse thing possible and built AP making it even easier for viegar to instant crush him if ahri wasn't around.

Not a one of you bought a banshee's which would of gave you HP, much needed MR, and the abillity to voide off viegars aoe stun, something I am sure caught a few of you in bad situations.

Now with that said, next time you find yourself in that situation, Get baron, then all 5 go mid and push to win, do not stop to get blue, don't stop for minions, all get in mid, and shove it down their face. In a hurry and finish game at 25 minutes, for the win.
But your team got cocky, and stalled on winning the game, which will lose you the game 8 out of 10 times. IF ANYTHING RESPAWN TIMERS get longer and longer, which means if they get lucky and stun your ahri, and take out xin, and ace you they can take all your mid towers before you can get up.

When a game hits 45+ minutes, it boils down to next team to get aced typically loses, or their base loses a inhib and 1 if not 2 inner towers.