AD vs. AP Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TL Frolo

Senior Member

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzGruber View Post
That depends on the effectiveness of the other team to stop her. If they're light on CC, it very much can replace banshee, considering it's only 390 gold more. That's barely more than one kill's worth of money.
if they have no CC why would you ever pick rylais over GA on AD kat? nerfed as it is GA is still better then paying 3k for a slow and a bit of health


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HanzGruber

Senior Member

09-27-2010

I'm telling you man, this is an arguement that can go on forever. The reason is damage output. AD Kat with a slow will do significantly more damage than AD Kat with GA. Lifesteal plus added base health and three ways to slow the bad guy will scare the living **** out of him.

The reason we're not getting anywhere here is because we're both right. The reality is that the only wrong way to build Kat is with a pure tank build, which is true for just about any champion. Either way, it's been fun but I have work the in the morning, later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TL Frolo

Senior Member

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzGruber View Post
I'm telling you man, this is an arguement that can go on forever. The reason is damage output. AD Kat with a slow will do significantly more damage than AD Kat with GA. Lifesteal plus added base health and three ways to slow the bad guy will scare the living **** out of him.

The reason we're not getting anywhere here is because we're both right. The reality is that the only wrong way to build Kat is with a pure tank build, which is true for just about any champion. Either way, it's been fun but I have work the in the morning, later.
no, you will do significantly less damage because you are largely reducing the effectiveness of your lotus, kats primary source of damage
kat is not a melee dps champion, stop trying to make her one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HanzGruber

Senior Member

09-28-2010

How does adding rylai instead of GA reduce the damage from lotus? It takes the larger amount of the AD or AP bonus, so it'll still grab the AD bonus. Yet it adds a slow to her ult, which keeps them in the lotus longer. This is an increased, rather than reduced effectiveness.

I'm not trying to make Kat into the next Xin Zhou or Olaf. You use an AP build, everything you say supports an AP build. I'm talking about her AD build. Like it or not, autoattacking is part of AD Kat's arsenal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Lord Parry

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzGruber View Post
How does adding rylai instead of GA reduce the damage from lotus?
I'm not the best with Kat, though I've played her for a long while. However, this is easy to answer if you read her ult description.

It selects between AP or AD at random, I think. Thus the reduced effectiveness. Mind if somebody confirms this? I don't like giving false info.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artistic

Member

10-01-2010

I personally go AD so I can harass early with BB. I aslo like to use Killer Instincts+BB before team fights and shunpo in DL. Clean up the rest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TL Frolo

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lord Parry View Post
I'm not the best with Kat, though I've played her for a long while. However, this is easy to answer if you read her ult description.

It selects between AP or AD at random, I think. Thus the reduced effectiveness. Mind if somebody confirms this? I don't like giving false info.
no, it selects your higher stat not random


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Lord Parry

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
no, it selects your higher stat not random
Alright, wasn't entirely sure. Wanted to make sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

celias1192

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-14-2010

Hey valid question. i've been playing kat for quite some time now and ive found that i am more comfortable playing ap kat. i go 21/9/0 for masteries, mpen marks, dodge seals, flat cd reduction glyphs, and flat hp quints. my build relies on some quick kills early on but still good if you fall behind. it goes:
regrowth pendant
mejais
sorc shoes
rylais
abysal scepter
zhonya's
then i trade regrowth for either lich bane or another zhonyas
the easiest thing i found with kat is to take mid since you rarely lose to champs there.(at least thats what ive seen)
hope this helps btw im vet kat with 400+ games and the vast majority being wins