[Guide] Soraka, The Saviour

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

10-11-2009

I have been playing Soraka for a while but back when I first started beta she was considered OP and people thought of her like they think/thought of Jax a patch or two ago. So I quit being her because I for tried of hearing all the cries that you cant win when you are against her. Then out of no where people started calling her UP and worthless....so I picked her back up to show people she is still worth having in a game.

allistrom

Adjudicator

10-16-2009

While i like the low cd of your build, I was wondering if you could give an approx stat for how much heal your ulti gives at your build on avg. I have been playing soraka so much lately because her heal alone makes here a game changer in team battles. I have been going almost pure ap build starting w/ amplifying tomb and a mana potion, then completing sorc boots and a soulstealer, then working from there on archangels staff so i have plenty of mana regen. Anyways at the end of the game i typically have around a 1500hp heal which at least a majority of then time gets the entire other team yelling about how soraka is OP BULL**** when i save it specifically for team pushes, ganks, and the such. she has enough of a heal with astral blessing late game w ap build too where i usually am using that constantly to heal my teammates so that i don't pointlessly use my team heal on just one guy. Just my experience w/ soraka, but everyone likes to play differently this just fits my style.

Vangu

10-16-2009

I am really happy they buffed her astral blessing as I have been asking for. With this I feel like my build is just that much better because I did fine without AP before and now I can cast all the things just as fast while having them do a lot more. Though maybe I will try an AP build to see how it does now after all the changes. And my wish does the base heal that it always does at rank three. Maybe a little more do to my AP rune/mastery build but nothing much to change how effective it is. Well that is before now as I am level two with no runes to speak of.

Also while I still do like astral blessing I just prefer being able to use my ult every team battle along with astral. I mean 36sec ult is greatness and more or less just about every team battle and/or ryze/karthus ult. But as I said I will try a pure AP build and see how I feel about it compared to my current.

Vangu

10-17-2009

Not going to lie I did enjoy playing pure AP soraka a lot. Sadly my team still lost but it was just a losing games to start with but it was pushed to 60mins so I think we did well on staying alive. I will do a couple more games and see how well I like the build I made for her AP. I ended with about 3.4k life 100'ish armor and about 350 AP....had a lot of fun getting 6 kills

Vangu

10-18-2009

I changed the order I get my spells in. I now get starfall first because it helps get more last hits right at the start and the healing is not really needed for the first level or two. If the enemy happens to try and kill is before level three I have exhaust and heal summoner spells to use to last me until then.

Dancing Cow

12-23-2009

All I ever need are the locket and 3-boots.

The locket adds extra flavor to your heals and imbues, and is a nearly constant effect when you're spamming starfalls. The increased mana pool doesn't hurt either.

All the rest is a bonus. I usually find myself picking up auras. Aegis, starks, etc.

Also!

Deathfire Grasp is GREAT for soraka. The 60 AP equates to about 100~ extra healage on your wish. The cooldown reduction is always a bonus. Also, the active effect is good for tenderizing those HP stacking tanks, or a handy execute in case your imbue doesn't quite do the job.

Also, most of Soraka's abilities don't really affect her auto-attack. A sheen or lich bane may do a bit more than people expect.

Dustinsanity

12-24-2009

I love her. She's ranged, easily harasses, can get early kills easily with Starcall if you're careful enough, and feeds herself HP and MP. I don't see a reason to have to go blue pill before being able to get Innervating Locket all together at once. I can't believe how long I last without being ganked some games, even with soloing mid with Soraka, but lately, I've discovered something...

Soraka has MAD range on her auto attack, and it's made me think, maybe she might be made semi-viable for a DPS build? I really want to try this out, but I don't want to remove her support role in the process. But I might play too offensively with her to start out with. I go with Starcall in the beginning, with a Mana Manipulator, then I get her Infuse up every chance I get for its magic damage. I can't tell you how many mages I've just shut down with that attack. So anyway, I go Innervating Locket, then Frozen Heart, followed by Staff of Void or whatever that mag penetration is. I also tend to get boots of Swiftness, which lets me run in and out of Starcall/ attack range very quickly and safely. At that point, my Starcall cools down so much I can spam the hell out of it and deal substantial damage, in comparison to how much damage it does in the beginning. But this is where I'd like to divert my focus from cooldowns...

I've tried a DPS build, but my lack of experience tells me "Hey, you don't have the skills or knowledge to even know where to begin with this." So anyone decent, please humor me on the subject. Any suggestions other than "Stupid n00b just stay support. If you wanna dps play Twitch. Stupid." Thanks.

AsherZaine

01-08-2010

I think this build is the only one you should be playing for a support role ap does scale very well with wish and i suppose it does alright with blessing. I find locket way more useful for team play and frozen heart can be replaced with nashors tooth for ability power if your really **** about it. I just dont think she should only be stacked with ap for one reason is you need to have items for support and you just dont get that much gold with her unless you last hit champs all the **** time but you shouldnt try to anyways your lane partner needs gold more than you. but each to there own I guess sry for grammer i suck at typing

Vangu

01-27-2010

Not sure if people can tell that I have not had the chance to update this guide as I have been doing my AP Soraka guide. I will get around to this sometime today or tomorrow. The point of this style was more on supporting your team with more heals/mana/silence in battle then just one heal/mana/wish in the same battle. Yes the wish will be a lot lower on its healing power but that is not the point of the play-style I like for Soraka and somewhere in this thread (back in beta) someone turned me onto the AP style of Soraka and while that is a very good way to go and I enjoy it I must say I also enjoy my cd-reduction style.

I have seen people asking why I don't have Y and X item but I have Z...if you look when this was posted none of those items were part of the game and I have yet to update the guide accordingly. And to reiterate this guide is not an AP guide it is a support guide that helps fairly well when you are part of the group..it was meant to add-on to your passive with other aura type items.

I also need to add a DPS build for Soraka is not advised. While it may sound good with her healing none of her abilities scale that well with AP (other then wish) and you would be better suited just being Ryze or some other real DPS.

Guthug

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
Masteries

Runes
Mana per level
cooldown reduction

Blue
.9 cd/18
.65 cd/static
25.56x7= 178.92

Yellow
21.06/189.54/18

Red
21.06/189.54/18

Quintessence
2.34/18
2.34/18
75.06/18
could you be so kind as to tell me the name of these?
not getting a whole lot out of the numbers you wrote there

thanks in advance, appreciate it