[Guide] Soraka, The Saviour

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

10-05-2009

Masteries

Offense
Archmage's Savvy - 0.60AP per level
Cripple - Buffs Exhaust
Sorcery - 3% CD reduction
Archaic Knowledge - penetrates 15% of targets magic resisitance

Defense

Utility
Perseverance - 4% total health and mana regain
Good Hands - 10% reduced death time
Expanded Mind - 5% maximum mana
Meditation - Increases Mana regain by 1.00
Awareness - increased exp gain by 3.75
Intelligence - 6% CD reduction
Mystical Vision - Increases duration of clairvoyance and reduces cooldown
Presence Of The Master - 15% off summoner ability cooldowns

Skills to increase when you can
Starfall
Infuse
Astral Blessing
Starfall
Starfall
Wish
Starfall
Starfall
Infuse x4
Astral Blessing x4

The reason I get starfall first is so you can kill all creeps in two hits fast and you can actually level and get money though the whole game. I have done many version of Soraka before and all my games ended with me being at level 14-16 simply because I could not kill anything. So if you get starcall you will have enough money to fund the items and you will level faster then most of the other champions.

Items
Innervating Locket
Boots of Swiftness
Frozen Heart
Aegis Of The Legion

My games normally end there if not before I even get the Aegis but if a game happens to last longer I will get Stark's Fervor (if no one else has) other then that I really don't know what else I would get.

Runes
Mana per level
cooldown reduction

Blue
.9 cd/18
.65 cd/static
25.56x7= 178.92

Yellow
21.06/189.54/18

Red
21.06/189.54/18

Quintessence
2.34/18
2.34/18
75.06/18

If you get the CD mastery and a CD item in-game (the one I get) you are at 40% cd with one item. You may go higher with runes but I find it a waste and I personally like the mana,armor, and cd the item gives me.

This is what I go for on her because once you get her to 40% cd reduction you can use her ult every 36secs. This becomes a life saver later and on top of that it helps your team push and stay alive in smaller fights because you wont have to worry that you won't have it later in another fight.

*List of all my guides http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18804

Disclaimer
This is not the only viable way to play Soraka and is only how I do it and I am not forcing others to play this way. If you do not agree with a certain part of my guide/playstyle please post it in a mature manner and write exactly what you dislike. Also I am not looking for others to post their playstyle/guide in my guide if you wish to do so please make your own thread.

Vangu

10-10-2009

bump..guess this guide came out at the wrong time...when everyone started to play her.

Krald

10-10-2009

i think its pretty sweet, innervating locket and frozen heart are definitely a must. do you think that you wouldn't need some AP at one point? just curious, it scales really well with wish and can add at tidbit to your heals/starfall damage

Vangu

10-10-2009

I have never came to a point where I thought "damn I would have saved them if I had more AP" usually either they live because of wish or they die and nothing could save them. Not to say if I went 100% AP it wouldn't save some of those lost causes but I find that those situations are not that common.

I also find the boots to be a must as Soraka is damn slow without them but to answer your question I never notice or feel held-back because of my lack of AP. Starks can do just as well with giving everyone life steal and such as that little AP would give me...saying little as I would'nt have much room after all the items I want let alone the money problem. Or if you meant from runes..I am not sure I still tend to have mana problems end-game even with all my items and runes to give me mana. Not to say I run out of mana fast but once I am low on mana its hard to get it going back up..though if I happen to be out of all battles and back in a lane solo then well it will be fine.

I find with my build you are a self-sustaining champion that is hard to kill..last game I played it took three of them to kill me along with Ashe slowing me down every shot. If the fourth person didn't show up to kill me I still would have died but my team would of had time to get to me and help.

Lollerman

10-10-2009

You have mana problems because you stack Blessing early, which eats mana like nothing else, + you tend to run Infuse last. And maybe also because you don't grab Tear/Arch/RoA... but the ones who do tends to grab Infuse (for killing power) so that's kind of overkill I guess. No need for both Infuse AND mana items. Although, Locket is more than enough to facilitate your spamming if you levelled Blessing and Infuse evenly.

And hmmm 36 second ult? far out, that's awesome.

Vangu

10-11-2009

I have actually changed my style some and am about to edit that in the first post

By that I mean order of skills

I now get infuse as I have come to notice the hot for astral is nothing to brag about and the armor stays the same at all levels and if anything that is the main thing doing its work.

Lollerman

10-11-2009

^ Darn, so I should probably hold back on my own Soraka guide huh =\

Vangu

10-11-2009

If you play a lot differently then me then go for it...will even add it to my list

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2009

Dammit.. Soraka is starting to become popular. I guess it's about time I start looking for a greener pasture. I hate it when people pick my main hero. (I have yet to see another Soraka in my game, but she's really becoming a lot more popular).

I prefer stacking Infuse over Starcall though. My first 2 levels are usually Starcall, then Infuse--if the opposing hero is a melee, then he's facing hell. As soon as he runs up to last hit, I can Starcall + Infuse him for hefty damage (about 100+ dmg) plus another auto attack. That is usually enough to send them packing.
As for my boot choice, I usually go Ninja Tabi for extra survivability early game, or lately I have been using Boot of Mobility more. I notice that I'm usually either the first to die, or the first to run (when you're a healer, what else can you do?) which gives me enough time to charge up the boot for unrivaled speed.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-11-2009

I prefer having 1 level of Blessing, as I find that it scales well enough with AP, and I usually get quite a bit of AP.

I also like having my Wishes heal people a lot, I find that it helps.