Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ahri in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purpleskoal

12-15-2011

She just doesn't seem to have any punch.

Surelia Fangirl

12-15-2011

yet another champion hard countered by yorick

her w is supposed to prioritise champions but it doesn't if that champion is yorick because it just goes to his ghouls instead

Warrrrax

12-15-2011

She does have extremely long range with all 3 regular abilities. Hence, you can't really expect to deal Tons of Damage, right?

Q = 880 range(!!!), deals 280 dmg at rank 5 at .67 AP ratio. (half of this is true damage)

W = 800 range(!), Deals 160 damage at .375 ratio. This one is pretty bad if there are any creeps around as they absorb the damage. It only deals the big 320@.75 vs ONE foe.

E = 975 range. Blitzcrank pull. 180 damage at .35 ratio is really bad. However the utility is obviously really good. Blitzcrank V2.

R = kind of crappy. 180 dmg each @ 0.3 ratio. Even 3 of these in a row = 540 at @9 which isn't amazing for level 16.

She really is Blitzcrank V2. Same Blitz style sodomy, new Oranna/heimer style ranged harass.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

I dunno why you guys were expecting her to be leblanc v2 or a new prenerf akali. I like her.

Argodis

12-15-2011

Quote:
Stimuz:
I dunno why you guys were expecting her to be leblanc v2 or a new prenerf akali. I like her.

Definitely.

I hope this trend continues. I won't have to instant lock her in order to play her.

krammitheforg

12-15-2011

seems like her kit is more poke/kite than burst

Denambren

12-15-2011

Quote:
SeƱor Pancho:
the fun factor was at least ten thousand percent better at release. he was broken and it felt good to 1-shot kids.

Translation of quote:

"I felt it was ten thousand percent more fun to one-shot inexperienced players with a broken champ."

If griefing players and abusing champion balance is your thing, you'll find just what you're looking for with Shaco or Rammus on Dominion. It's still too early to tell, but Ahri's level of "broken" revolves around her escape mechanics and chase mechanics (ultimate) more than actual raw damage burst output (but we'll see more as the days go by).

lbgsloan

12-15-2011

I'm quite happy if people drop her and go back to LeBonk and Akali. I still barely get to use Fizz because he's picked or banned so often. The only thing that seems really suspect with Ahri in Dominion is her passive. The 20% healing debuff combined with the fact you will rarely have a giant minion wave to leech off means it doesn't do much for her.

She ultimately feels more like an Orianna than an Akali, wearing people down as opposing to one-shotting them. People's mileage will obviously vary based on the kind of playstyle they like more.

ManaPowered

12-15-2011

Wait for people to learn how to play her. I played with some terrible, just absolutely terrible Ahri's last night. So bad it might as well of been 4v5. That being said, I did play a couple games with an Ahri that went bot and owned the **** out of that lane. Didn't have to worry about anything so the rest of the team was able to control the other points on the map.

Give it some time and a play style will reveal itself.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

12-15-2011

Fox Fire reaches its full potential damage when each Fox Fire hits different champs, and her Spirit Rush also reaches its full potential when each Spirit Rush hits 3 champs. Orb of Deception should ideally hit as many people as possible. Charm can function both as an initiate and as a stun.

Was it not obvious her best role isn't a 1v1 assassin but a 3v3 team fighter?

She also falls a bit into the poking playstyle, which I've mentioned repeatedly as not being very good in pick up groups because random players will not give you the time to wear the enemy team down with superior poking. (thank god because I don't want to dodge Nidalee spears all day)