Snowballing Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shubomber

07-11-2010

eve and french maid nidalee could totally snowball together

BlindEternities

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

the thing about snowballing eve is that you're only gonna find your enemies alone and without oracles early game. so if you don't make those early game kills count you're really gonna pay for it late game.

and i'm not sure what kind of eves those eve haters played with, but even after the enemy teams get vision and group up and do everything possible to make assassination impossible eve still makes a decent dps hero with all her hate spike, lich bane, 50% attack speed bonus, 26 armor-magic armor reduction, slow (if she got rylai's), tank killing (if she has deathfire) shenanigans.

Corpsestomp

07-11-2010

As long as Eve waits for most or all of the enemies' CC, she can still own. Just because you see her doesn't mean you can stop her tearing your face off. The problem lies in the fact that good teams save CC for specific champions. Nunu: Save a silence/stun. Kat: Same. etc.

Laffymania

07-11-2010

Everyone says Eve's downfall is during the teamfights, where I beg to differ. Aslong as your team knows to target the one's with oracle, and can dmg the others, she can come from behind to rack up kills... harmlessly.

As for snowballing... you should really take into consideration both your team and theirs. If your in a premade or solo queueing... but I usually get mejais, unless 4/5 of the opposing team are champs with a lot of hp late game

BlindEternities

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Quote:
As long as Eve waits for most or all of the enemies' CC, she can still own. Just because you see her doesn't mean you can stop her tearing your face off. The problem lies in the fact that good teams save CC for specific champions. Nunu: Save a silence/stun. Kat: Same. etc.
who saves a cc for eve? seriously if a team saves cc for eve rather than casting it on that annie or yi or god forbid zil i'd be really surprised. eve's not usually the first person to be focused down unless you're doing really well or your team has no high priority champs. personally i'd be glad to take a cc if it lets zil or annie get an ult down.

Matuk

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffymania View Post
Everyone says Eve's downfall is during the teamfights, where I beg to differ. Aslong as your team knows to target the one's with oracle, and can dmg the others, she can come from behind to rack up kills... harmlessly.

As for snowballing... you should really take into consideration both your team and theirs. If your in a premade or solo queueing... but I usually get mejais, unless 4/5 of the opposing team are champs with a lot of hp late game
Her downfall is in team fights because she forces your team to fight 4v5. Eve is only really effective at picking off stragglers who run, or exploding everything onto the one squishy champion who already got to half HP.
It's especially true when the other team has an oracle. This means Eve cannot really enter the fight until the other 4 of your team kill one of their 5. Which, again, puts pressure on Eve's team to do the real dirty work.

BlindEternities

07-11-2010

again she's still a decent dps even if she's not invis.
i see too many eves just running off when they see someone with an oracle rather than coordinating a group gank for that person.
i know she's not the best dps but you can do worse than ~600 damage per 0.8 seconds.

Matuk

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindEternities View Post
again she's still a decent dps even if she's not invis.
i see too many eves just running off when they see someone with an oracle rather than coordinating a group gank for that person.
i know she's not the best dps but you can do worse than ~600 damage per 0.8 seconds.
The problem is, the moment Eve is visible, the enemy team knows she is the easiest one to kill, and quickly takes out one member of your team. By destroying Eve asap, this means their mages and any champ that did not build too much defense/HP won't be insta-gibbed by Eve, and instantly puts your team to 4 men, while giving theirs free gold.
A smart team doesn't focus a tank, but looks for the weak point of the enemy team and takes them out ASAP.
Eve will always be that weak point, unless she's been fed. And even then, it just means her damage doesn't suck, she will still die quickly.

Either way, being able to see her through stealth will disable her in the fight, because she will be focused enough to die, and there will still be enough death for the rest of your team, because it does not take Eve much to go down.

Any champion would be a better choice than Eve in any 5-man team. If you want to keep the squishy melee champ with a stun theme, just grab Pantheon.

BlindEternities

07-11-2010

Quote:
The problem is, the moment Eve is visible, the enemy team knows she is the easiest one to kill, and quickly takes out one member of your team. By destroying Eve asap, this means their mages and any champ that did not build too much defense/HP won't be insta-gibbed by Eve, and instantly puts your team to 4 men, while giving theirs free gold.
A smart team doesn't focus a tank, but looks for the weak point of the enemy team and takes them out ASAP.
Eve will always be that weak point, unless she's been fed. And even then, it just means her damage doesn't suck, she will still die quickly.
i'll give you that much, the moment eve is visible she's much more team dependent than most eves would like to be. you just have to trust your team will take advantage of them focusing on you. there's a bit of luck involved too cause if your team can take down an enemy champ before you get taken down then your health shoots back up and they're basically screwed.
but back on topic, you really need that snowball since no decent team will let you touch them without having to pay for it late game.

Matuk

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindEternities View Post
i'll give you that much, the moment eve is visible she's much more team dependent than most eves would like to be. you just have to trust your team will take advantage of them focusing on you. there's a bit of luck involved too cause if your team can take down an enemy champ before you get taken down then your health shoots back up and they're basically screwed.
but back on topic, you really need that snowball since no decent team will let you touch them without having to pay for it late game.
I'm still curious to see how Eve will perform if she gets Leviathan, Mejai's, and SotO, as I believe I mentioned before.
Since Eve must get lots of kills to be effective anyways, all three snowball items would serve her well.
The problem is item space.