No Journal Of Justice For Two Months? SCREW IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scotth266

12-14-2011

Bleh, tried to post this in GD but it got swamped by Ahri threads in two seconds flat. Thought I'd repost it somewhere where people will actually read it so the effort doesn't go to waste.

Riot, why haven't you released a Journal of Justice entry in two months? You make me mad. Now I must write to EXCISE MY RAGE in the form of various creative articles.

Obviously, none of this is canon, Riot owns their stuff, yadda gabba goo. I'm just doing this as a "what if JoJ hadn't vanished into the ether" experiment, especially since we should totally have an issue for the Snowdown Showdown. I tried to make these articles seem like the JoJ originals, and I tried to follow the lore... at least as well as I can interpret it. I certainly don't know if my interpretation of Maokai is anything realistic, for instance.

No, I am not biased towards Noxus or Demacia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prisoner Issue Puts Damper On Festivities

While the end of the calendar year would typically be a time of universal celebration, this year's Snowdown Showdown has a dark cloud hanging over it: Demacia's refusal to grant the League of Legends access to two mystery prisoners of war. Crown prince of Demacia, Jarvan IV, caused quite a stir in his homeland when he returned with his "guests" two months ago, infamously turning away even Garen Crownguard when he stopped the prince to ask questions. The two prisoners were taken to _____, Demacia's prison for high-security threats, and have not been heard from since.

"It's absolutely unconscionable," said Flute McSpout, head Summoner of the League's Demacian office. "We have always been granted access to prisoners before, and suddenly the Crown decides that we're out of the loop?"

While the League allows the taking of prisoners of war, it has strict views about the ways that they can be treated. The fear of magical torture or mental manipulation being used as a tool of war had the League adopt an unofficial policy: member states would allow the League to periodically screen POWs for signs of sorcery-inflicted damage. In return, agents the League sent would be made to swear a magic-bound oath: they would report only on the medical conditions of the prisoners they examined. This prevented the League from interfering with the internal affairs of its member states, while ensuring the safety and well-being of those imprisoned.

The sudden decision by Demacia to go against the unwritten rules of prisoner examination has had predictable consequences. Other nations such as Freljord have reacted negatively towards the news, and even Bandle City (typically a firm Demacian ally) has come out in support of a League examination. Various Noxian politicians and generals swiftly denounced the Demacian action as "unjust" and "fool-hardy." Master tactician Swain (himself a champion in the League) went so far as to call it "a flagrant violation of League norms, one which the people of Demacia will come to regret." However, so far Noxus has thankfully stuck to the rules regarding its prisoners of war.

Hopefully Demacia will swiftly change its mind about the prisoner issue, in the interests of preserving the holiday spirit. Fight on, Summoners!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champion's Charitable Actions A Surprise

While the Snowdown Showdown is a pleasant time for the majority of Valorans, not all find it easy to smile during this time. There are many children orphaned by the various conflicts that flare up between countries, and while they are typically taken care of by war relief agencies, they have little to celebrate come year's end. Now that is about to change, thanks to the surprise work of League champion Maokai.

"He just showed up one day, covered in ornaments!" gushed Merril Straker, lead nurse at Bandle City's WOC (War Orphan Center). "We didn't know what was going on at first, but then he went over to the children and started to play with them… while it was a total shock to us at first, but he was really gentle and they warmed up to him quickly."

Maokai's actions are viewed as a surprise given his typically anti-social nature within the League. Thanks to his hatred for Summoners, many thought that the Twisted Treant loathed other non-plant lifeforms as well. However, it seems like Maokai has been making several trips to orphanages all around Valoran, seeking to give the orphaned children someone to play with during the Snowdown season.

When we caught up to Maokai, he had this to say: "While I despise Summoners and their casual misuse of magic, these children have done nothing to anger me. Many of them have suffered as I have: at the hands of sorcery. We are the victims of magic-wielders and their endless wars… it seems right that I give them something to smile about in a world otherwise filled with violence." He then refused to answer any further questions, continuing his journey to the next city in silence.

Maokai's soft-hearted (or soft-rooted?) actions have given him a newfound fandom within the League, who say that they will cheer him on in his battles on the Fields of Justice. This writer will certainly be one of them.

For those who don't know the title reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2YDq6FkVE

Please give feedback, it helps me as a writer.

Jaykoboy

12-14-2011

Ooh, ooh, ooh, can I take the 'Mailbag of Justice' column? I enjoy that stuff!

-Jaykoboy-

(I agree, we should start writing our own. Out of Cannon, of course.)

Bestfomert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

Shyvana vs Ahri

sexy beast time !

belthazor3457

12-14-2011

I wonder how many riot employees are placing bets on how much time it'll take for a fan-made JoJ to show up.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

12-14-2011

Community JoJ?

KiteMeGood

12-15-2011

Usually the JoJ involves hints at the Champions, so the following required will be

An interview with the escapee Malcom Graves who has seeked refuge from Zaun's authorities and his latest actions.

Bilgewater and Fizz, what is to learn about the underwater city.

Sabatoge at Kalamanda as an armored bear attempts to tap into storm relics.

Shyvana being hinted to be the "second prisoner" in order to keep tabs on Noxus prisoner as Katarina certainly cannot be trusted

And your letters to the JoJ.

1Eredale

12-15-2011

Before we do anything, though, we have to assemble a team and organize it well, simply writing up articles and letters at random won't be even close to the quality everyone is used to.

Everyone agrees?

Dreadgoat54321

12-15-2011

Community JoJ?

You can't explain that.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

12-15-2011

It sounds like you guys have some good content and possible topics. It would be a considerable effort to put this together and illustrate some type of document. Sounds like a fun side project.

Blue Ender

12-15-2011

Interesting would like JoJ back. Until then community JoJ will satisfy me.