Love Udyr but hes not an easy champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexstrus

07-10-2010

I've always found Udyr to be an interesting character but hes is difficult to play. Hes pure melee so I grab cleanse to counter exhaust and grab ignite as well. I get lifesteal first and I can stay in lane really well at the beginning but after the lane phase it becomes tough. I usually build attack speed and try to switch stances often. I don't know generally how quick you should switch stances to benefit from him but at the same time not blow all your mana within 10 seconds. It also seems that I get targetted alot when I play Udyr, even the squishy AP champ is less of a priority. How can you do more damage with his abilities? he doesn't seem like a physically strong champ. What to buy and when?

I know a guide would answer these questions but a guide is the perspective of one person. I followed a guide but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Im On A Boat And

07-10-2010

I recently bought Udyr and have been experimenting with builds/reading up on other people's builds. The best one I have found so far is the first one in the long list of guides that focuses on maxing phoenix stance first while itemizing for attack speed. As for when to change stances, i find that opening with bear (obvious), attacking for a second or two then switching to phoenix and letting your attack speed/phoenix passive do its magic, then switching back to bear right as the attack speed passive is about to wear off just in time to stun again works best. As for being targetted first, I really don't have any experience with this. Perhaps its because I lane so poorly (I don't feed, but I'm not graceful either) they don't see me as a threat until it is too late.

For teh Emprah

07-10-2010

I also bought Udyr 2 weeks ago. From what I've heard though, it's much better to build AD instead of AS, seeing as stance-dancing with Udyr will net you a 30% attack speed buff anyways, and some of your necessary items will give you the rest of the attack speed you need.

Really though, Udyr doesn't need attack speed. He runs in, bear stuns the heroes that need stunning, and supports in a team battle. I find that his skillset isn't really too useful building him as a DPS carry and it's better to build him as support for your team's DPS carries.

henaine

07-10-2010

udyr is my main champion

i <3 him

Kamrusepas

Banned

07-10-2010

Right, Look at your team. Now decide which is the best option:

Lots of AP? Tiger Stance build

Lots of AD? pheonix stance build

A tank that isnt shen? Tank Udyr

A Good mixture of everything? support udyr.

Edit: Durp if you build udyr with a set item build, you've already losted and should go back to jax.

Timothias

07-10-2010

Buy tri-force and spam buttons

Kamrusepas

Banned

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothias View Post
Feed the enemy 0-14, wonder what you did wrong.

Krendin

07-10-2010

Jungle. Grab a mana sapphire first(or cloth armor). Use Ghost/Smite
Phoenix stance down the golem, kill him with smite. Rape the rest of the jungle.
Get turtle, then phoenix again and then grab bear when you hit 4. Go gank a lane.
Build catalyst from your mana sapphire (or heart of gold from your cloth armor) and get boots.
From here you keep turtle and phoenix even, leaving 1 point in bear. Then max bear, then the last 3 go into tiger for lulz.
Build tank items. If they have lots of AP heroes, go Banshee's. if they have a good bit of physical, go Randuins.

Sturmhard

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothias View Post
go to udyr thread.....spam buttons.

generally: buy tank items first....mucho AP - Banshees, force of nature. mucho AD - randuins omen
nicely balanced enemy team - locket if it suits your team.

then buy whatever you need....mallet, madreds, atmas if you need more armor and already built tanky....

There is no Udyr-build which works all the time the same.

And you cannot go AD against any enemy team composition....you simply cant.

Von Nicklesnout

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmhard View Post
go to udyr thread.....spam buttons.

generally: buy tank items first....mucho AP - Banshees, force of nature. mucho AD - randuins omen
nicely balanced enemy team - locket if it suits your team.

then buy whatever you need....mallet, madreds, atmas if you need more armor and already built tanky....

There is no Udyr-build which works all the time the same.

And you cannot go AD against any enemy team composition....you simply cant.
Actually, Tiger Stance at rank 5 with a decent amount of AD can ruin the day of an squishy carry far more than Phoenix can; It's not as suited for AoE damage like Phoenix, but focusing moreso on single target burst damage.

That and you can push towers better with it, and while it's seperated into three different attacks they do have the ability to crit.

Not saying either stance is better than the other, but Tiger Stance is far too underrated for its uses.