Have you had issues with the new winter map?

Yes. 58 44.27%
No. 68 51.91%
I haven't played it. 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Outlined Issues of the Winter Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MIchiBoom

12-14-2011

I agree, new map is too bright and its difficult to see the chat box. For some champion's skills, its really difficult to tell what they are using. The whole time I'm playing the game, I have a hard time concentrating due to the brightness. I think the seasonal map is a negative.

MIchiBoom

12-14-2011

I agree with that the map is now too bright and hurts the eyes. On top of that, its hard to see some champion's skills. I have a very hard time concentrating during the entire game since it's too bright. I say the new map is a negative

Archangell

12-15-2011

I get a stupid problem when I play wintermap I dont get a fps drop I stay at 60 fps everything is fine but suddenly everything in the game freeze but I can still move around. I paly dominion often and it never occure in dominion it only happen in that winter map.

And no I wont get a new computer because its a really strong computer im able to run any game at max graphic and high resolution without a problem. Also before the put the wintermap on I never eveen have that kind of problem on summoner rift so i dont think its either a internet or computer problem, I also can see that alot of people dc/lag on that map so I aint alone.

To all troll that say get a new computer , I say get a brain -_-

Gerble

12-15-2011

Summary of issues:

1. Brightness- I can't see anything at all for the majority of the game.
2. FPS issues- Minor ones.
3. Hard to see spells- Back to the brightness issue, literally can't see ****.
4. Can't see chat- When in the river can't see anything at all.

I appreciate the effort riot put into the map, but overall I would say it is just annoying, the **** thing is debilitatingly bright. Not to mention because of the color some spells are impossible to see at all.

Arc of Triage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

1. Turn down brightness on monitor.

2. Lower settings in-game

3. No Solution from me as of yet. (No clue what you mean)

4. Turn opaque chatbox on via the scrolly at the bottom of the chat box.

Arc of Triage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangell View Post
I get a stupid problem when I play wintermap I dont get a fps drop I stay at 60 fps everything is fine but suddenly everything in the game freeze but I can still move around. I paly dominion often and it never occure in dominion it only happen in that winter map.

And no I wont get a new computer because its a really strong computer im able to run any game at max graphic and high resolution without a problem. Also before the put the wintermap on I never eveen have that kind of problem on summoner rift so i dont think its either a internet or computer problem, I also can see that alot of people dc/lag on that map so I aint alone.

To all troll that say get a new computer , I say get a brain -_-
Sounds like the servers were lagging if you couldn't move. Happened when they released Ahri and every so often since then

MauJustice

12-15-2011

Nunu gets free invisible camo.

Resonating

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc of Triage View Post
1. Turn down brightness on monitor.

2. Lower settings in-game

3. No Solution from me as of yet. (No clue what you mean)

4. Turn opaque chatbox on via the scrolly at the bottom of the chat box.
1. You obviously a: don't know how LCD monitors work b: didn't read my explanation of why that doesn't fix the problem. I can understand why most people think that the brightness setting on an LCD monitor would be equivalent to the game brightness but that is not the case. The issue is with the contrast of the map. Turning down the LCD brightness would simply make it even more difficult to see.

2. For a lot of players that doesn't work. Just as certain graphics cards have trouble with windowed mode and minimization (regardless of power) other cards have issues with the map. Even turning the settings down does not fix the problem.

3. I outlined examples for you. It is very difficult to see vital visual indicators associated with certain spells. I will list some more examples for you: Cho'gath's rupture before it pops, Lux's everything, Ahri's orb of deception and ult.

4. Making the chatbox opaque results in decreased sight. Many competitive players make their chat and hud as small as possible in order to maximize their vision of the map.

I would figure that the solution to this would be to make the map optional. This is, however, difficult as it would require riot to have a whole new type of queue selection. In my humble opinion the best option is to simply remove the winter map from normal and ranked games until some of the issues concerning it are addressed. I believe no matter what Riot does with it, they should leave it available to custom game players.

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-17-2011

Its also causing severe strain to people with sensitive eyes, or any type of eye condition. I'm one of those people, and no matter how I adjust the brightness, contrast, warmth or any of the in game settings I get a head ache, disorientation, and severe eye strain from the map. I also have F.Lux installed but that does not help either. I think it has more to do with colors of the map and being unable to focus than the actual brightness, but it causes discomfort to the point that I cannot play normal games because there's a possibility that I might get the winter map.

Others who have the same issue:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1598104
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1604723

I'm glad to see people supporting some type of change, I really want to get back to playing normal games, please help us out Riot.

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-17-2011

Don't let this fall into oblivion.