Counter Jungling and Buff Timing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ribdot

11-09-2011

As I have been getting into jungling more and more, I've realized how important and helpful it is to be timing both mine and the enemies buffs along with dragon and baron. It's nice when I jungle with someone who can go through mana pretty quickly to have the enemies blue buff and can still give ours to our mid. The problem i some times run into is that for whatever reason I may not always be able to make it back to the enemies blue, for example, in five minutes.

So, I'm wondering if it's better to time the enemy's jungle and attempt to farm their buffs, which leaves a chance for them to grab the whole camp or screw the enemy jungler over by leaving one of the small lizards alive at either red or blue, which would then leave me with almost no chance of timing it, since I wouldn't know when they killed that little lizard and reset the spawn timer for the camp.

DarkAlchemy

11-09-2011

I've been jungling as Amumu for a little bit and what I can suggest is to do both. Be flexible with it. Both methods have their perks, but it won't always be the same. Do what you can! A jungler has to worry about a lot of things so do what's most effective for you and your team.

In direct response to your statement, If you'll find that you really want to harass their buffs, time it. But be wary of wards and ganks while you're stealing for you or your team. If you just want to be in-out and/or mess with their jungle timer, leave a lizard or two. Again, be flexible with it.

Tepin

11-22-2011

Leaving a ward and one creep is also an option.

KevAlmighty

12-15-2011

Check this out http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1570249