Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the League of Legends platform server.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smilie

07-24-2009

When I try to start LOL i keep getting the message:

"Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the League of Legends platform server."

I was able to get in and play one game after a great deal of hassle. When the game finished, the program closed and I couldn't reload it.

*I am not on a router*

I'm assuming this is a problem with ports and was wondering if someone could help me out or at least tell me what ports LOL requires.

Thanks.

Smilie

07-25-2009

After a day of trying to fix the problem, it still isn't working.

This has nothing to do with ports or my internet apparantly. This error only happens when I use my desktop, when I tried to play with the same internet connection using a laptop I had no problems (Other than 5 FPS due to it being a piece of ****).

My desktop has no firewall nor virus protection so I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

It would be great if someone from Riot could let me know if this is a known problem or not, so I can at least know if I should cancel my preorder.

Thanks.

Chaitea

07-25-2009

Hey Smilie,

Thank you for being patient! The devs are working hard in trying to optimize the servers/connection

First, could you check this website and see if you have access to it?
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/server_status.php

If there are problems there, please plug telnet beta.lol.riotgames.com 2099 into a command prompt and send the output.

Thanks!

Steel7

07-25-2009

The connection page is working fine for me, it seems that the latest patch has hosed the front end client/maestro connection application for some of us.

The game was working fine last night for me, now I'm getting a similar error as the above poster:

And after a few hours, as I was typing this, the problem has mysteriously disappeared.

Smilie

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaitea View Post
Hey Smilie,

Thank you for being patient! The devs are working hard in trying to optimize the servers/connection

First, could you check this website and see if you have access to it?
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/server_status.php

If there are problems there, please plug telnet beta.lol.riotgames.com 2099 into a command prompt and send the output.

Thanks!

I'm able to get to that link and see that the server is online.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

omg stop bumping this wtf