1096 elo is that bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiencat View Post
So, I'll just jump in with a quick question on this thread...you can't see your ELO until you hit 30 right?

And then when you hit 30, does your elo fluctuate by playing both regular games and ranked games or just ranked games?

Do I (level 16) have an ELO right now and it's just hidden?
you have elo for both normal and ranked games. It is hidden for normal and may work a bit differently, but you have it for matchmaking purposes. They are separate and one will not affect the other.

You will not see your ranked elo until you've played your first 10 matches. Although if you want to cheat you can go into a premade lobby.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Only winning; personal score doesn't count because it isn't an accurate representation of how you did.

To sum up what Mr. Not-Twist said, rather than focusing on winning, though it is important, focus on improving your personal game-play, and the wins (and from there your Elo) will come along as well.
That actually changed my viewpoint of the game. I'm not a good player, and I'm not bad either, and I really wanted to see myself at 1200, which is "okay"