Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Option to choose snow?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sXeLobes

12-13-2011

I can't seem to find a way to play on the winter's summoners rift. It only lets me play the classic map. Is there an option I have to check off or something? Thank you.

AJStarhiker

12-13-2011

You can pick your map skin in custom games.

iMuse

12-13-2011

If you find out, let me know because I don't want this winter bull****.

MrThreep

12-13-2011

I don't think there is an option, really it is stupid on Riots behalf because as it stands the game is far worse off than it was a week ago. It's annoying trying to read the chat now because it blends in with the snow and it is just overall way too bright. I really wish they'd include an option in the game at all time something along the lines of "disable seasonal map skins" or something. It really is poor design to not have that option, color contrast is an important thing, making the entire game white is a terrible idea. Please add this in Riot for christ sakes, I'd even be willing to spend 500 riot points just to turn off the snow.

Liftin Kents

12-13-2011

Yes its very hard to see chat along with some other champs spells and it literally burns your eyes =c

Magorical

12-13-2011

The god **** map is so bright it is a pain to play on. Please give us an option to turn it off riot. o.o

powerknit

12-13-2011

Everyone seems to hate the winter map...

powerknit

12-13-2011

lol everybody seems to really hate the winter map...

Forrestfire15

Recruiter

12-15-2011

It's weird how the fanbase is so polarized about this map... I, for one, love it and wish that I could find a way to make it show up. The snow map has been gone since last night.

One thing I could suggest to the people who are having problems with the map is to (1) lower your brightness or (2) adjust the contrast settings on the monitor.

Also, this program is useful for adjusting the screen to be less blinding:
http://stereopsis.com/flux/

ttoee

12-15-2011

you know you can make your chatbox background black right? lol noobs