Champion Selection, Vote kick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rygo

01-21-2013

It is my personal belief that there should be a system built into the champion selection screen. Where as a team can vote 4 versus a person to boot them and give them atleast a 10 minute re-up penalty so they do not have the chance to requeu with them. I had entirely to many matches where the opposing team is mainly heavy HP character and a person on my team goes "Im gonna be AP YI, cause its OP". Teams' should have the option of not wasteing 20 minutes because of a player or 30 minutes because they have to queu drop to stop idiotcy from spreading.

Madhom3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I 100% agree with this, give us a way to kick someone and find a way to not allow it to be abused. I just had to drop from the character select page because our banner and first pick went AFK.

This sort of thing is everywhere in this game, usually due to children not getting their preferred spot and as such trolling me for at least 20 minutes. I guess that's what happens when you play a free to play game.

bloks

Master Recruiter

01-21-2013

I agree 100%. Too many times in ranked "adc or afk" and their average cs is like 20 or they are obv trolling.

B1aqq

01-24-2013

Trolling or not, this would be highly abused with innocent players because one person didn't play the character the rest of the team told him to play. Horrible idea.

c0wb0ys7y13

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1aqq View Post
Trolling or not, this would be highly abused with innocent players because one person didn't play the character the rest of the team told him to play. Horrible idea.
I'm not totally convinced that your anecdote is a wholly bad one, but for another reason. If a player is stuck with four team mates that have enough ire and distaste for what he/she is choosing in champion select as to kick you than its probably best that they dont play together. They clearly disagree fundamentally with a strategic choice you are making and if forced to play together verbal abuse, blame, and a generally negative experience for ALL parties would most likely follow.

The Lord Impaler

01-24-2013

This is an excellent idea, so long as it takes a unanimous decisions by the rest of the players (well lets call it 70% the same amount needed to surrender in a game which works out to 4 out of 5), if we ever saw maps with 7 players on a team then only 5 would be necessary to reach a majority.

killerwave7

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1aqq View Post
It's a good point but maybe if this idea was implemented, there would be a way to minimize this by limiting amount of votes (to mirror that this type of scenario shouldn't be happening all the time). I could see more good than bad arising due to this to be honest. No system is perfect but a step in the right direction might shed some more light.