What Advice Would You Give for New TT Players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactileneck

12-15-2011

Don't pick squishy champions that's the big thing. Meta right now is reliant on having champions with stuns/slows and can build items like Rylais or Atmogs for survivability and damage. Dragon is the most important thing on the map for 3v3, so make sure you kill it before the enemy team does. That's really it Just don't play stupid and have a good time with it, it takes getting used to but I believe with even a fraction of the effort that's spewed into 5s being redirected to 3s, it would surpass 5v5 any day.

Koldheartedjsp

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactileneck View Post
Don't pick squishy champions that's the big thing. Meta right now is reliant on having champions with stuns/slows and can build items like Rylais or Atmogs for survivability and damage. Dragon is the most important thing on the map for 3v3, so make sure you kill it before the enemy team does. That's really it Just don't play stupid and have a good time with it, it takes getting used to but I believe with even a fraction of the effort that's spewed into 5s being redirected to 3s, it would surpass 5v5 any day.
this

i honestly can't believe twisted treeline isn't more popular

Contrary to popular belief it is a way different game than SR and in a way takes way more team work, skill, and coordination. But people are elitists and don't wanna believe the unpopular map is actually more difficult, when it really is

I'm not saying a 3s player is better than a 5s player, because I don't expect the to from either ladder to go and easily dominate the opposing map.

Jothki

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
If the whole team is MIA, they are probably at dragon; or get ready to be ganked.

If bot is Mia they are either ganking top or got pushed out of lane and are healing. Either way, act as if you are about to get ganked.

If top is MIA, they are in jungle. You know what, eff it just treat this as a gank as well.

Wards can completely change a game. Buy them and use them often. Buy some pinks to counter ward, it's worth it.
And if they're all visible in their lanes, they're still probably about to gank you, somehow. The map is that small.

Again, that also means that wards can cover so much more for so much cheaper than in SR, though.

UncleTummysticks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
this

i honestly can't believe twisted treeline isn't more popular

Contrary to popular belief it is a way different game than SR and in a way takes way more team work, skill, and coordination. But people are elitists and don't wanna believe the unpopular map is actually more difficult, when it really is

I'm not saying a 3s player is better than a 5s player, because I don't expect the to from either ladder to go and easily dominate the opposing map.
That's probably the biggest reason it doesn't get much attention.

I was thinking of trying it out again, I haven't tried since I was maybe level 15. Would GP be an overall solid pick to start getting the hang of it?

Koldheartedjsp

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTummysticks View Post
That's probably the biggest reason it doesn't get much attention.

I was thinking of trying it out again, I haven't tried since I was maybe level 15. Would GP be an overall solid pick to start getting the hang of it?
yes gp is one of the better picks

singed, yorick, tryn, lee sin, gp, gragas, morgana

all very strong picks.

Frosty716

12-17-2011

instalock tryndamere. u cant lose

azurefishie

12-17-2011

I'm probably going to get downvoted but I played a good game as Nidalee with teamates as Teemo and Karma. Traps, shrooms and wards all up in there. We were against Tryndamere, Volibear and Wukong. Our team won, you can play with squishies but map awareness and buying your items correctly is key to Twisted Treeline. (Sidenote: I play more SR then TT but I am learning more about it because I like TT.)

Fiery Flare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

play lee sin or singed

insta win