Hotshot, TheOddOne, Reginald, and SaintVicious, you are too negative

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr AIex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

I love watching high-level streams, but there are a few very high-profile players that I am no longer going to watch because there is too much negativity and rage coming through. These players are rarely sportsmanlike and we should stop rewarding them with our viewership.

They are:

• HotshotGG
  • Theoddone (always rages at "bad players, both out loud and in chat"
  • Reginald
  • SaintVicious (routinely uses the "n word")

Every single one of these guys is an amazing player, but I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting them to represent my game or my community.

What do the rest of you think?

EDIT:

Wow, this thread has gotten way more attention than I thought it would. To be honest, the discussion on here has been for the most part thoughtful and relatively rage-free, which I'm happy about. I started to write a reply later on in the thread but no one would read it, so I thought I'd just edit the original post for maximum visibility.

First of all, I know that these guys don't care about my opinion. Frankly I don't care much about my opinion, but I think it's important for us as a community to think critically about who we are giving the lime light to. A lot of people have pointed out that Reginald is not all that negative, and I think that for the most part, they are right. If I were to remake this thread now, I don't think I would include him on that list. Sorry for calling you out for something you are not guilty of.

Clarifying points:

-Theoddone, is clearly a rager and trolls people. I'm not the first person to point this out, and I won't be the last. That being said, I still like him.
-Hotshot used to be super ragy, but he is doing a much better job lately in keeping cool. I've actually started watching his stream some lately and I'm usually pretty happy with the quality of the play and his attitude.
-SaintVicious is clearly a troll, and Riot has actually suspended him for having a negative attitude. Also there's been some question about use of the "n word" but I've seen him use it in chat time and time again. Usually it's in the context of "jump on that "n*gga" or something like that.

Dovian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

I enjoy them because of how ridiculous they can get. So I shall keep giving them my views

so hows it goin

12-13-2011

Grow up. They are adults and are allowed to speak how they choose, whether or not it offends you. If you don't like it, don't watch their stream.

Captain Baylife

12-13-2011

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Keiffo

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by so hows it goin View Post
Grow up. They are adults and are allowed to speak how they choose, whether or not it offends you. If you don't like it, don't watch their stream.
This.

J2Banked

12-13-2011

it's called personality, Get over your Self-righteous attitude or watch someone else kthxbye

Grumbazz

12-13-2011

Are you on some Holy Quest to stop the innocent LoL players from watching evil and wrong streams? If not, why don't you just let people watch whatever they want?

psymunn

12-13-2011

drunk oddone is a little over powered. just sayin

GenericallyNamed

12-13-2011

The only one I agree with is OddOne. He does seem mad most of the times I've gone into his stream.

saintvicious is in no way negative. He may call out stupid moves that others do and use colorful language, but the entire time he is having fun. Regi laughs off everything while calling both good and bad plays from himself and other players. Hotshot hasn't ranged in a while and is actually a bit mundane now. He's more entertaining when not playing the game.

Nid

12-13-2011

Them raging is the reason most people watch them.

1234511 ... 17