GemKnight. What items to buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

10-05-2009

I haven't seen a Gem Knight guide on here so I thought I would ask this question. I am never quite sure what direction Taric is supposed to go. I hover around Berserker boots, Nashor's Tooth, and Guinsoo's Rageblade. After that though I never know where to take him.

Do I focus on AP or go for tank stats from there?

Joeface

10-05-2009

If you are getting killed a lot get a tanking item, if you need more damage you could push ability power or get more +damage.

For my Taric I like to build mana manipulator into soul shroud, berserker's greaves and then shoot for a starks fervor or more defensive items.

Sheen isn't a horrible idea for gem knight.

Rubric

10-05-2009

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=6215

thats a guide to a healy tanky taric, and as much as i didn't think i would like it, its pretty effective.

buying early armor and magic resist will definitely keep you up well. usually i buy the chalice and the guardian's, and then gauge whether we need more offense or more support and then choose boots appropriately. if we need O i start building majal's or nashor's. if we need more heals and i need to live to give em, then more hp and such

Husbane

10-06-2009

AP > HP IMO, however, there are some nice AP items that have tanky stats, Rod of Ages, Rylal's Scepter, and the one with MR on it (forget it's name). If you're lacking a good tank, a combo isn't bad. But even then, I typically prefer straight AP, as it buffs you're heals allowing you to tank better and deal more dmg, so you don't have to tank as long.

My 2 cents.
J

Atmosfear

10-06-2009

Chalice of Harmony
Frozen Heart
Soulshroud
AP boots or Boots of Mobility
Rod of Ages
Zonyha's Ring
Philospher's Stone
Archangel Staff

This would be the major list of items I would recommend you go for (depending on situation of course, you cant get EVERY item on that list, you don't even have enough slots).

I would never recommend building Taric for DPS. He is a support caster hero and should be itemized like one.

SmecssRaege

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
Chalice of Harmony
Frozen Heart
Soulshroud
AP boots or Boots of Mobility
Rod of Ages
Zonyha's Ring
Philospher's Stone
Archangel Staff

This would be the major list of items I would recommend you go for (depending on situation of course, you cant get EVERY item on that list, you don't even have enough slots).

I would never recommend building Taric for DPS. He is a support caster hero and should be itemized like one.

those last 2 items are questionable....ESPECIALLY the philospohers stone...on taric... chalice > philo stone ANY DAY

archangels...dont really cast enough...and if u pick up chalice or nashors, you dont need that kind of regen.

Minrad

10-07-2009

Attack speed's his best friend for healing support since every hit takes 2 seconds off infuse.

I find he makes good use of the tri force; the sheen gives him much needed burst in combination with his stun or whenever he drops a heal/shatter along with a snare and a healthy mix of move speed/crit/attack speed/health/mana.

Chalice is a great mana regen on him since due to the way his ult works you'll usually be playing him with a low mana pool most of the time

SmecssRaege

10-07-2009

i can show u my directory which i wrote up a little bit of an "item build" rather than actual guide for someone who asked

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...t=12551&page=3

Page 3, 4th post down, by myself. That's a little headstart til i can get a full taric guide out =p

Glithen

10-07-2009

When I play Taric, I go Mana Manipulator, Ninja Tabi, Soul Shroud, Chalice, Stark's Fervor. The next items that I buy depend on the team matchups. If the enemy team is composed mainly of physical or magic users, I buy high armor / MR. If not, I'll buy more team-augmenting items or Guardian Angel.