Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Mordekaiser - The Coolidge Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calvin Coolidge

07-14-2010

I hope you all have been enjoying Season 1!

Especially if you are a mord, no more cleanse shut downs!

I know I've been having fun! (http://i.imgur.com/vYiHz.png)

Resilga

07-16-2010

Your build is great for midding, I'll give you that. I've been tryharding every game with Morde and he seems a little different from heat n' serve's pace but I like early Warden's.

once done with that i do not think the sunfire needs to be replaced by the frozen mallet. (2x sunfire that is).

For laning, your build seems to be hard-pressed to kill people.

It's true; ap does little on morde but mag pen does a lot from what i've seen.
...also abyssal scepter. I do not quite understand the logic behind hextech.

I believe in your build because your record baffles me. I also think your team synergizes well with you and understands your pace of play which may if only a little influence your outcomes.

I hope I get to see you in action some day - tried friending you in game but i understand if you cannot accept.

Calvin Coolidge

07-17-2010

Quote:
Resilga:
Your build is great for midding, I'll give you that. I've been tryharding every game with Morde and he seems a little different from heat n' serve's pace but I like early Warden's.

once done with that i do not think the sunfire needs to be replaced by the frozen mallet. (2x sunfire that is).

For laning, your build seems to be hard-pressed to kill people.

It's true; ap does little on morde but mag pen does a lot from what i've seen.
...also abyssal scepter. I do not quite understand the logic behind hextech.

I believe in your build because your record baffles me. I also think your team synergizes well with you and understands your pace of play which may if only a little influence your outcomes.

I hope I get to see you in action some day - tried friending you in game but i understand if you cannot accept.

From my experience with just your magic pen marks, your siphon does hilarious damage up until ~lvl 12. Which is a little early to be getting a scepter. After that point my modus operandi is to stay alive during team fights, dishing out damage, and ensuring (notice the bold, underlined italics. That **** means I'm business.) that my ult goes on a dead target. Turning a 5v5 into a 6v4 can often ensure an ace or close to it.

Which comes full circle into why I get the revolver. I used to get spirit visage until the spell vamp change went into affect. Visage no longer affected my heal from my ult. Now if you get a revolver, a relatively cheap item, you add 15% healing to your ult, which can often be the difference between making it back to your tower and dieing at its base.

That frozen mallet is what gets me my kills later game. You smack them to slow, run along side with creeping death, smack again, rinse repeat and you can kite people to their death quite well. Need I mention your ghost buddy also procs the effect as well?

I finally got some losses racked up in 5's though . (http://i.imgur.com/Kyfnj.jpg)

I didn't know you sent me a friend invite. I sent one to you, if you don't get it feel free to sent me another invite.

Calvin Coolidge

07-18-2010

Slight change to build order

Yellow Jester

07-18-2010

4 bloodthirsters ftw.

Calvin Coolidge

07-18-2010

Quote:
Yellow Jester:
4 bloodthirsters ftw.

Don't forget 'zerkers grieves.

Resilga

07-19-2010

Thanks for the add

I have a huge respect for good morde players. Morde, to me, has been an easy character so anyone can bumble and do well enough but the nuance and excellence come in when it's HOW good you do that matters.

I hope to get a game or two in with you sometime so that I can observe your playstyle. I can't quite get the hang of flash on morde myself, I've -always- used ghost on him.

Anyway, hope to see you on soon. Sorry about the 13 wins and ONE loss. QQQQQQQQQQQ
lol.

Icithis

07-19-2010

I'm interested to getting to level 20 and ranked games, because as a level 13 who mains Morde and is stuck playing normal games, clearly none of this advice applies. I tend towards TT, I've won my last 10+ games (can't see past 10 games) all as Morde. Not only do I triple kill late game when I have all my skills available, but I've had teams of 2 run from me when they see me with a full shield.

Morde? F tier? You've gotta be kidding me. Hopefully people will present a challenge when I get to ranked games.

Edit: Here's some examples of my games http://imgur.com/9wV6s.jpg

Calvin Coolidge

07-19-2010

Quote:
Icithis:
I'm interested to getting to level 20 and ranked games, because as a level 13 who mains Morde and is stuck playing normal games, clearly none of this advice applies. I tend towards TT, I've won my last 10+ games (can't see past 10 games) all as Morde. Not only do I triple kill late game when I have all my skills available, but I've had teams of 2 run from me when they see me with a full shield.

Morde? F tier? You've gotta be kidding me. Hopefully people will present a challenge when I get to ranked games.

Edit: Here's some examples of my games http://imgur.com/9wV6s.jpg

Dayumn son, you got a lot of gold in a TT game for all those items.

But on a different note Do not use my build for Twisted Treeline its too gold costly and doesn't give you enough awesome.

Due to the amount of trynds on TT I normally start with:

Cloth armor and health pot x5
Build cloth into ninja tabi

Are they all physical?
Build Warden's maill

If they have an AP character then build visage instead.

Then giant's belt into frozen mallet

Rarely will games go past this mark, but if it does, be a bro and pick up aegis of the legion and be credit to team.

Oh and ghost instead of flash on TT, more chasing opportunities means ghost is much better.

zili

07-19-2010

Just wanted to say, awesome guide, although I really prefer a doran's shield as a first item! Anyway I'd still like to play a game with you if that's ok! I'm gonna add you to friends just turn me down if for some reason you don't want to! Thanks!