Journal of Justice failure to deliver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotarukin

12-12-2011

To whom it may concern:

It has come to my attention, that as a respected summoner in good standing with the Institute of War, and a subscriber of your service, with no delinquent payments, that there has been a rather sizable mistake: For whatever the reason, your newspaper has stopped being delivered to my residence.

As a person who lives in this world, I am fortunate enough to still be able to keep up with the news and goings-on... but at the same time, I relied on the well-written editorials to give me an alternate view into the world. While it is not an exceptionally great loss for me, I know a few people whose only news of the goings-on of Runeterra are from the paper, and they also have not been receiving their copy.

If you feel that there is an error in your delivery department, please disregard this letter, and just try to iron out the difficulties; however, if something more insidious is going on, we would greatly appreciate any word that you could deliver to us on the state of the Journal of Justice.

Thank you for your time,
Hotaru Sojourn
Head of Medical at the Oasis Tavern
Junior Summoner with the Institute of War

larkhill

12-12-2011

just because you added some RP elements to it doesnt excuse u from the fact that u made another thread asking about JOJ...

design team changed some things. lore team has to rewrite months of work because of it. have patience...

if u cant do that, i suggest u direct your RP skills at blaming design team for changing things on a whim and telling the 3 man lore team to dealwithit. now THAT would be an interesting thread (why has this not been done yet...)

Nwol

12-12-2011

We too wonder where our Journal has gone...promises of delivery. Perhaps the Institute of War is giving them difficulties?

-Summoner Nwol-

Hotarukin

12-12-2011

Dear Larkhill,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're implying. I do not have access to any of the correspondences between the staff of the Journal of Justice and its clients. I'm personally glad, because that would leave my correspondences to be intercepted by others, as well.

I am curious, however, what it is that you're implying by 'design team' and 'lore department'. It sounds as though those are two very different things. I would supposit that one works in the library, and the other works to decorate the halls for major events?

As you seem to have an idea as to the inner workings of what is changing, maybe you could help by sending in an additional correspondence, preferably in this subforum? I'm not asking that we flood them, but just use the precise same routing number:18361962. This will help to keep correspondences arriving in an orderly fashion!

Thanks,
Hotaru Sojourn

larkhill

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarukin View Post
Dear Larkhill,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're implying. I do not have access to any of the correspondences between the staff of the Journal of Justice and its clients.
u do, ur just too lazy to scroll down to the bottom of the first page of the forum and look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
I asked Lore this the other day. They're working very hard on it. They have to write articles in advance, and when we change our minds (happens a lot internally on various things as we constantly iterate to present you the best possible product), they sometimes get slammed by a ton of different rewrites all at once. Such has been the case recently. We've made several changes due to player feedback that have required an enormous boatload of work for Creative. Please have patience! They will deliver more awesomeness as soon as possible .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
This is true. The lore also often ties into the growth of the game itself. For example, Dominion had a huge lore effort built around it. Kalamanda was talked about for months in advance. Dominion's schedule shifted many times during its development, and lore constantly needed to adjust its storyline to keep up. They had the first elements of that story ready back in like 2010 I'm sure.

basically, as i said before, lore team makes the plots and and lore beforehand, based on the original concepts given to them by the design team. when design team changes things later on, that forces the lore team to change as well. design team changes take a few days to fix and test. lore team changes take weeks since they have stories planed out for several months ahead of time. when that changes, this happens.

Quote:
Dear Larkhill,

I am curious, however, what it is that you're implying by 'design team' and 'lore department'. It sounds as though those are two very different things. I would supposit that one works in the library, and the other works to decorate the halls for major events?
lore team is made up of about 3 people who write and create the lore for all of LoL. there are others that come in to help on occasion but for the most part, its all done by 3 people.

design team is what people refer to as the entire team that creates the champions and gets them ready for release. this includes all the art staff, programers, concept people and testers. its a fairly large team. creating a champion takes a lot of work and sometimes, things change from the concept stage to the release stage. lore team generally works off the early stages because they're such a small team that they need to keep ahead of the work or risk falling behind and causing massive delays. when changes happen in the concept stage, its fine, they can adapt. when they happen towards the later stages, after lore team has already created lore for the original concept, problems arise.

i'll say it again, just because u RP doesnt excuse u from being lazy and unable to use the basic search feature provided in this forum...

Hotarukin

12-12-2011

Dear Larkhill,

I am quite thankful that you were able to bring those conveyances into the public eye, here. What do you mean by stories? Are you implying that what the Journal of Justice is telling us is -anything- but true? I'm not sure how I feel about that particular attitude, and it seems something akin to paranoia. That's not really my specialty, though, as I hate psychology.

That being said, the institute of war has a rather sizable collection of books, stories, maps, and the like, and the team that governs it, and its collections, could not possibly consist of only three people. (I'm honestly, one-hundred percent positive that I've met at least four different workers from that department, plus Ryze!).

The design team sounds to have a large number of things to deal with, and asking the lore team to bear with them as they write their stories doesn't seem like that much to ask... but I received no correspondence specifically stating that my beloved newspaper was going to end its run, or that its writers were on strike, or anything of that sort.

I do recommend that you seek professional help for your delusions. I've done my best to glean what I can from the information provided, and will take them with a grain of salt. Thank you for your contribution!

Thanks,
Hotaru Sojourn

larkhill

12-12-2011

people ask why i dislike RP so much.

i shall forward them this thread and hope that they require no further explanations.

you are annoying and i dislike you.

NecroticBinder

12-12-2011

Mr. Larkhill,

While we have not had the opportunity to encounter each other in the institute of war, your current insults against Mrs. Sojourn are quite inappropriate and contribute nothing of value especially considering most matters related to the journal of justice are pushed back and ignored and attempting to bring them back are quite futile.

While there have been other requests responded to about the state of the journal of justice, Mrs. Sojourn was asking about the present state of it.

Sincerely,
Kel'an Librod, also known as Methelod
Temporary Triumvir of Research for the Preservers
Junior Summoner

((OOCly. Must you? Said behavior is quite rude and you are in the wrong section of the forums if you dislike RPers. And please do forward people to this thread to show that you contribute nothing to potentially important discussion and insult other summoners.))

Hotarukin

12-12-2011

Addendum to Metholod:

While I thank you for your responses, and agree that any correspondences that have been made have not reached my ears, and thus have remained futile... I am not omniscient, after all, and have a great deal of duties to handle... and I agree with you that his delusions are out of place here, I still believe that he has a right to his opinions on this summoner. I can only hope that he does get help for his condition, and am recommending that if he shows up in the oasis, he come to see me, regardless of my dislike for psychology.

Thanks,
Hotaru Sojourn

larkhill

12-12-2011

Quote:
Dear Larkhill,
hat being said, the institute of war has a rather sizable collection of books, stories, maps, and the like, and the team that governs it, and its collections, could not possibly consist of only three people. (I'm honestly, one-hundred percent positive that I've met at least four different workers from that department, plus Ryze!).
then you're 100% wrong. sucks to be you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post

Here's the issue as I see it with using fan work - and again, you may not agree with it, but hopefully you can see our side of things as well as our thought process behind our decision. I don't know all the legal ramifications, so ignoring all of that, here's the situation we run into: We have so many awesome fans contributing great work, so what would be a reasonable way for us to choose one to use without reading everyone's contributions? The time it would take for us to read through everything to make a fair choice, as well as risk people potentially being upset if there are things we have to change, is a bit too much cost for us right now with a department of 3.
3 people. thats it. said by the Associate Creative Designer herself. anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
While there have been other requests responded to about the state of the journal of justice, Mrs. Sojourn was asking about the present state of it.
and jozrael has repeatedly said that that its in the works and to simply be patient, as i showed in the quoted posts found above. making another thread just to have him say the exact same thing is pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post

((OOCly. Must you? Said behavior is quite rude and you are in the wrong section of the forums if you dislike RPers. And please do forward people to this thread to show that you contribute nothing to potentially important discussion and insult other summoners.))
i do not hate all RPers. i appreciate a good story and i like the fact that there are people who can devote the time to write one when the lore team cannot. what i hate is people like Hotarukin who dont know when to go out of character... or use the search function...